Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Random Stuff [Serious] [Jokes]  (Read 6259 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
Random Stuff [Serious] [Jokes]
« on: June 14, 2014, 10:57:06 pm »
+1

If you want to post a joke in the Serious Random Stuff thread, post them here to keep the other thread "Serious".
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff [Serious] [Jokes]
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 11:06:15 pm »
+2

lol butts
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 01:11:06 am »
+2

lol butts

This is the thread for jokes about the Random Stuff [Serious] thread.  This is not the 206th card thread.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 03:28:41 am »
+4

Personally I don't feel like I could make a post in the serious thread that couldn't be read as sarcastic or otherwise actually joking, no matter how much I meant what I was saying. If I started out explaining that, no really, I was very serious, that would just seem like set-up. It's like when Michael Richards went on Letterman with Seinfeld to apologize about using hate speech on a bad night for his stand-up act, and the audience kept laughing. Look at Kramer! Apologizing!

In my experience, no-joking threads are a bad sign at forums. Just have ignore lists and then people can block hilarious people if they feel the need. Or I mean, it is not hard to just skip over one-liners; are you wearing your fingers out on the scroll wheel?

I do like threads for replying to threads that you can't reply in though. Or ones you can, that's good to. Why I didn't make a new thread for replying to this thread is a mystery.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 03:55:17 am »
+1

Does the forum actually need a serious Random Stuff thread? I feel like the community here hasn't crossed the line where most posts are entirely inane, except maybe that butts tangent in the promo speculation thread.

Mostly, I think the line between serious and not-serious discussion is too vague to have a new thread for it.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Random Stuff [Serious] [Jokes] [Serious]
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 06:16:15 am »

In some ways, I like that there is a thread for serious discussion so that I can just stay out of that thread, but the problem is that sometimes there's a topic there that I would like to discuss, too. It's easy to just not post a Mine/Mint joke, but I'm hardly ever completely serious — mostly, I express myself through avant-garde music, which basically means trying out stupid stuff until something actually works and most importantly, having as much fun as you can, and that is also the approach that I take when I express myself through written words. And it's pretty hard to sound serious while you're trying out stupid stuff and having fun.

By the way, the first sentence took two tries before I felt that it worked well enough, the second one took five, I managed to make the last sentence of the previous paragraph work well enough on my first try, and this is my second time writing this sentence. Fun was had.

Here's some completely serious random stuff:
Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 11:18:35 am »

In all seriousness, and before I become even more like Ozle, I agree with Titan and Donald.  Anything that needs a serious discussion should have its own thread, and at the same time this community (a) doesn't lend itself to serious discussion and (b) nonetheless hasn't devolved into complete trolling.

If I want to have a serious discussion, it's not likely to happen online, unless the discussion is about a game.  I'm in general a pretty sarcastic guy even in person.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 11:50:41 am »
+1

What if I want to make a serious point to the Serious- joke thread?

See.... I just can't help myself.
Mainly the person who details threads is me because I can't take my mouth shut when I think of something.

I realise it can be annoying and will be toning it down a bit.

But when the owner of the forum thinks it's needed then gotta go with that decision and abide. Assuming there was a moan or a complaint about it somewhere.

But as I said in both threads now, I hate general babble threads, I find them fairly pointless. There is no limit to the amount of threads, so I you think of a topic just post a new thread.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 12:45:39 pm »
+3

Is this jokes or serious?

http://i.imgur.com/Osn8r7P.jpg
Well you *do* need a signature...

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 02:38:06 pm »

Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 03:03:38 pm »

I find it funny how when I make a thread just to post jokes in, everybody says serious things.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 03:04:56 pm »

I find it funny how when I make a thread just to post jokes in, everybody says serious things.
biep biep?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 03:06:22 pm »

What if we want to have a serious discussion regarding the jokes that are made in reply to something in Random Stuff [Serious]?

Can you make a Random Stuff [Serious][Jokes][Serious] thread?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 03:07:13 pm »

Ozzle beat me to it :(

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 03:16:57 pm »

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 03:18:22 pm »
+1

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 06:00:34 pm »

Can you make a Random Stuff [Serious][Jokes][Serious] thread?
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=11298.msg388793#msg388793

Damn I am so late to this party.

I do think a lot of people are seriously getting off-topic. Let me help:

I got burnt out on your mom.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 06:22:00 pm »

I think the [serious][jokes] thread shows how a [serious] thread is unnatural in the first place. We cannot truly compartmentalize our emotions and outlooks into different places, in this case threads. No, our attitudes and personalities ebb and flow like the waves of the ocean and some other metaphors I won't bother figuring out.

The random stuff thread is not truly random if you know there are no jokes there or if no serious posts are there.

Why not just have have random stuff thread 2 receiving posts in parallel, like threads are meant to. There'd be no difference between them except their history. You'll just be like "oh, random stuff thread 2 is where the discussion about cupcake recipes is, on page 5."

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 06:34:22 pm »

Yeah but in all seriousness, a rabbi, a priest, and a minister walk into a bar...
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 06:41:26 pm »

Yeah but in all seriousness, a rabbi, a priest, and a minister walk into a bar...
If you really want to be meta, you can explain the joke without ever finishing it. I don't know any Rabbi+Priest+Minister jokes, so you can go for it here.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 06:58:45 pm »

I think the [serious][jokes] thread shows how a [serious] thread is unnatural in the first place. We cannot truly compartmentalize our emotions and outlooks into different places, in this case threads. No, our attitudes and personalities ebb and flow like the waves of the ocean and some other metaphors I won't bother figuring out.

The random stuff thread is not truly random if you know there are no jokes there or if no serious posts are there.

Why not just have have random stuff thread 2 receiving posts in parallel, like threads are meant to. There'd be no difference between them except their history. You'll just be like "oh, random stuff thread 2 is where the discussion about cupcake recipes is, on page 5."

Way to be more serious than the [serious] thread.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 07:08:48 pm »

Just setting the bar, my friend. Just setting the bar. Or perhaps, the delicate fabric between the [serious] thread and [serious][jokes] thread is tearing apart.

Next thing you know, there will be a [can't tell if serious] thread.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 07:10:35 pm »

Or perhaps, the delicate fabric between the [serious] thread and [serious][jokes] thread is tearing apart.

Do we need another thread to sew it back together?
Well you *do* need a signature...

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 07:31:14 pm »

Just setting the bar, my friend. Just setting the bar. Or perhaps, the delicate fabric between the [serious] thread and [serious][jokes] thread is tearing apart.

Next thing you know, there will be a [can't tell if serious] thread.

It's all so meta it's going to tear the fabric of this forum apart.  Rip it asunder.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.