Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How would you approach this board?  (Read 1247 times)

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
How would you approach this board?
« on: June 09, 2014, 08:30:24 pm »

I didn't think to grab the log  :(

Poor House, Chapel, Doctor, Masquerade, Menagerie, Bishop, IGG, Outpost, Border Village, and I think Fairgrounds.  Colonies and Estates.

I tried to do everything at once- Masquerade to punish Chapel, Masquerade and Bishop to keep up on trashing, IGG to slow him down, Border Village+IGG to feed Bishop, and Outpost+Menagerie because moderate synergy.  The bot went mostly for Provinces mostly running a simple Menagerie engine, and outsped me significantly.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5158
    • View Profile
Re: How would you approach this board?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 03:09:21 am »

The key cards here I think are Menagerie, Border Village, Outpost.

I think you want to trash down quickly the the beginning. So a standard Chapel/Silver opening. Add a second Silver and a Poor House to get to six coins, grab Border Village/Outpost ASAP for the +buy. Then Menageries and a single Gold. Maybe add Masquerade. For opponents Masquerades, it might be best to hold onto some junk cards. With all the trashing and passing going on, IGGs can and should be ignored. Along the way, a single Bishop should be added. Once your deck has 1 Silver/1 Gold/1 Platinum and a Poor House as payload (getting to $11), and enough Menageries to consistently draw your deck (and at least two BVs), you can buy and trash two Colonies/turn.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.