Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 545713 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #3875 on: July 25, 2014, 11:54:19 pm »

Okay, so here is my reread of various players. These are just Days 1-3. I have not reread Day 4. Sorry for taking so many days to write this up. I took a lot of pauses between reading and also being involved with this game, plus life. But, here is what I wrote up.

Ash
D1: Ash opens up the game rolling his dice. He does not explain to people any strategy or anything. He just launches right in. Slight scum points here because he played the previous dice game. Also, after PPS claims to be stolen from he claims town points for PPS for having been stolen, but also at the same time says it could be a scum plot to make PPS look more townie. Not sure what to make of that interaction. He also is trying to draw attention and claims he wants to lynch mail-mi for refusing to roll so that he can't use his power on D2, afraid that mail-mi can become super powered scum. Slight scum points on Ash for that. Then, he votes for lio, lio asks why, and Ash makes a snarky comment about partner coaching on post 542. Scum points for that, especially because I think it is probable both are partners. Then, we have Ash hammering Volt which is null for me.

D2:I bring up my stolen dice, roll a 5 and Ash says I am scum and votes for me to open the day. I feel like this is Ash setting me up to be mislynched D2 here. Then, we have lots of town posts, XP, Ichi, Faust, Hydrad, WW, myself but Ash is gone, lio is sort of posting, and PPS is sort of posting more than lio and Ash. So, honestly, the three usual suspects just look scummy here with Ash coming out on top. Also, PPS, Ash, and Lio suspect each other more on D2 just like they did on D1. One of them is surely town and two of them have to be scum. Then Ash brings up the thing about sending a message to the mods apologizing to Volt before the flipped happened. Why would Ash need to apologize to Volt unless Ash was Volts partner?Then, Ash claims Hydrad is scum for using the term "beastmaster" and claims it was a scum slip. More scum points to Ash there for getting all worked up over that. Ash then tries to make a point that said role must be a role and not factional.

Later on though Ash claims to have a townish read on me and townish read on yuma. He also does not seem to be pushing for any mislynches. So, town points there. He also doesn't seem to have any crazy theories or ideas. So, more town points there. Then, I have reached post 1564 where I give my read of Ash. And, overall, his actions when reading that read I did on D2 makes Ash more town-like. I suggest people read my D2 read on 1564. The thing that makes me see Ash as town is that he is not really pushing for mislynches....I think. It seems like he is trying to figure things out. Also, after the e hammer, lio says we should not be hammering so quickly to which Ash replies OMFG, lio is scum we need to lynch him tomorrow. So, more scum points there for Ash.

D3: Ash gets visited by XPs NPC. XP is dead. Ash asks does anyone want to guess what the monster does. More scum points there. Then, Ash votes PPS because Ash says XP was confirmed town to him because the Mentalist visited him. Well, isn't funny though that the night XP dies is the night the Mentalist visits Ash. Hmm.... Although, PPS could have been scum and killed XP. Ash now decides who the Mentalist visits. He also says he has stuff he wants to claim. Ash then makes a strange argument about Faust knowing XP was town and stuff like that and trying to claim Faust is scum for this reason. Interesting. Not sure what to make of it.

PPS
D1: He immediately claims an anti-town player. In retrospect, I see this as scum PPS trying to look townie but saying straight up he has this anti-town power, but he won't ever use it. As scum or town, I can see PPS going either way. So, actually him coming straight up and admitting this is null. We later learn his role name is the Swindler, and he also claims using his power on town is detrimental, but not so for scum. On D2, I feel like PPS contradicts himself here when he claims and explains how his power works because just using at all period is detrimental for town even if he does play it on scum, unless he somehow did not explain his claim correctly. So, huge scum points here.

Later on, he learns his dice were swiped and then he goes ahead and rolls almost everything claiming he rolled ahead without realizing he got stolen from. Again, more scum points here for rolling ahead. However, town points for having been stolen from on D1. I think it unlikely that scum would have stolen from themselves on D1, but you never know. That would actually be the smart thing for scum to do though. Also, PPS later says some weird stuff about how he thinks he was targeted by a bunch of players N0 because of his power. I mean, come on, why would anyone know what his power is on N0. So, scum points for saying weird stuff that makes no sense.

However, his later D1 postings seem pretty townie. But, then, he randomly votes lio after Ash calls him scum for being too calm and collected. So, makes me think maybe Ash and PPS are the scum team. Slight scum points for the vote there. Although, he makes a posts about playing pro-town even if he is scum, and we know he has a scum power (only player to have a confirmed scum power). So, maybe he has a bad power is scum and trying to play it off as town.

D2:PPS says he leans strong town on yuma/e, so town points there. Starting to seem more townie. He is fairly involved D2. He also really wants to lynch Ash, so town points there, I think... Ash then brings up a point about PPS not suspecting Volt all day but then putting him at L-1. Ash makes a good point there. So, slight scum points to PPS there. Then, Ash accuses Hydrad for being scum for saying beastmaster. PPS says he says a town read on Hydard but that Ash's vote is valid. That post sounds pretty scummy to me. Then, PPS comes to my rescue when people are voting me up especially after claiming my role. PPS says that his role puts an 8-sided die into someone's supply and coincides with my ability. I was originally going to award town points and then I realized that if he were scum he would know I were telling the truth and used this opportunity to make a fake claim. I think this is exactly what happened here. His ability makes zero sense at all. And, his role name is Swindler for crying out loud.

Then, PPS fully claims and this is where the lie really falls apart. He says that he gives a 12-sided die to one player, but the next player to receive dice gets an 8-sided and their rolls alternate between 8-sided and 12-sided. If they gained an 8-sided, wouldn't only die roll up to 8? Man, what PPS said makes zero sense.  Then, after e is lynched PPS says the odds of e being town are low because of how quickly he was lynched and then he says town can afford to lose a player. So, scum points there.

D3: We find out chairs sent the dice vendor to PPS. PPS thinks chairs must be town for posting he did that, but then PPS thinks chairs is scum. If PPS was certain earlier that chairs was town, why push for the lynch? PPS states he thinks that Ash can't be the Advisor because that is a town-role. Good point there. Says he will claim, makes excuses to not claim, makes everyone else claim instead. Doesn't claim at the end of D3. Sounds like scum fishing for all roles.  PPS then votes Ash saying that Ash is trying to paint anyone that is town as scum such as Faust. Slight town points for PPS there.

PPS saying he is game to lynch chairs, but is worried that chairs is actually town because he can't see chairs scum slipping like that. I think PPS was actually giving chairs the benefit of the doubt there. Or is scum and knows chair will flip town and so wants to hedge his bets. Slight town though for that, imo.

lio
D1: Not much really. He pretty such states facts everyone could know. He doesn't seem to do anything to really draw attention one way or the other. He isn't lurking, but his posts don't seem to contribute. I think this is a bit reserved for town to do, especially during RVS. So, scum points there. I guess what I find most scummy about lio is that he does not push for any votes or lynches. Sure, he votes, but he is not very vocal about things. Very reserved, very cautious play style. Also, later on lio asks why is Ash voting for him and Ash says that he is coaching, and it kind of actually seems like a scum team vote to me. But, then he analyzes the wagon and sounds pretty townie and Ash claims he is too calm and collected for scum. So, town points for lio there. Scum points for Ash. Maybe this is Ash bussing his partner though. He also does start to sound a little more townie as the day winds down. He also gives him good reads. Town points for that. Also on posts 643 he brings up Ash and PPS acting strange. He has a point there. Of all the players, Ash and PPS were acting strange. Lots of back and forth stuff between Ash, PPS, and Lio. So, I am almost certain two of these three are scum. Did mail-mi/Arch somehow go by unnoticed and is actually scum that blended in?

D2: More back and forth stuff between lio, Ash, and PPS. Very confusing. Hard to tell who is on whose side. He also provides some reads again which seems towny. He also says Faust is definite town, but he doesn't really vote or cast suspicion on anyone except maybe PPS it seems and maybe a little bit of Ash. I claim and lio says he thinks I am telling the truth about my role but players get roles independent of alignment. I think this is scum trying to make town abilities sound scummy. Also, lio really has a thing about trying to push a PPS lynch. So, either lio is scum trying to push a mislynch or he is super bussing his partner.

D3: Gave dice to Ichi D2 and now Faust D3. Null for that. It could be town giving to who he thinks is town or he could be scum trying to get town cred. He is sort of against other players claiming and he is towards the bottom of Fausts list. So, slight town points there. lio saying massclaim makes no sense. Hmm...I guess that's null.

mail-mi/Arch
D1: Comes out and says it is best for him to not roll because of his power. Now, that we know what his power is, I find this action townie. He also votes for Volt before anyone else because Ichi is getting heat for his low roll while Volt is not. Slight town points for that, but the vote is early enough I can see scum doing that for town points later on. He is VLA most of the time and on D2, he / outs. So, we don't have much to work from the first couple of days.

D3: Arch replaces mail-mi. His posts seem townie. Not too much to say though. Both mail-mi and Arch are VLA a lot.

So, based on all this, here are my thoughts.
1. Ash-Almost certainly scum and the dice destroyer to boot.
2. PPS-scummy, but more likely to be town than Ash
3. Arch-null, not enough posting because of VLA reasons
4. lio-sort of scummy because he seems to blend in most of the time. Although, he does have his townie moments.

So, I think Ash is scum and that he might be permanently loved. But, god, everyone is so scummy here.

Vote: Ash

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: July 26, 2014, 12:31:04 am »

Also, a heads up. I will be VLA most/all of Saturday.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: July 26, 2014, 02:57:43 am »

If WW/BA are not lying, I think scum is in arch/lio/hydrad.  I think it is very unlikely Faust/PPS are scum.

But WW/BA are lying.  If we are going to lose to this fake claim, all of you should be ridiculously embarrassed and ashamed.  I'd much rather die right than survive wrong.  If outing was allowed, I absolutely would at this point.

There are too many inconsistencies, and too many statements they just want you to believe, for this to be just accepted at face value.  Why any of you continue to give them IC status is beyond me.

Those of you blindly following like sheep deserve the loss.  Unfortunately, that means all town gets a loss on their record, and this was a winnable game for town before this.

GG WW/BA.

+10000
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: July 26, 2014, 03:11:25 am »

Okay, so let's see whose plays here make sense as scum:

ash: Trying to push a lynch when it's pretty clear that it won't go through? Claiming to have been visited by the Love Doctor and having done strange things that could easily be viewed as scummy for no reason? I think if he really was scum, he would have somehow tried to get PPS lynched by now. Especially if he's loved. And even if PPS is his partner. Also, how is the VT claim scummy again? I think scum would have preferred a fake claim. If scum!ash is just going to claim VT, why did he refuse to claim on D3?

PPS: His D1 play seriously makes no sense at all for scum. It's not grabbing towncred to claim an anti-town role. Also, do you think he was indeed targeted by "the dice destroyer" N0? Because that would kinda imply that he's not that role himself. Which means his partner has it, which means his partner has to be ash. And ash's not scum. Add in the way he claimed today - what reason would scum possibly have to make a full turnaround on how their role works? Add in that his posts when he first claims imply that his role actually works the way it does (he says, IIRC, that his role gives out "1d12". In the OP, it's stated that 1d12 means a random number between 1 and 12).

liopoil: Used his power in a very pro-town way so far. He is super hardcore tunneling PPS, which could be an epic bus (unlikely). If it's not, then that implies that he's not partners with PPS, which means his partner has to be ash, and ash is town.

Arch: Actually the one whose play fits a scum narrative best, lurking, sheeping claimed Masons, not providing much content of his own. But there is no partner for him, so I just have to assume he's anti-town town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: July 26, 2014, 03:13:19 am »

I cannot believe that town!Ash does not know I'm town here.  This would be horribly inconsistent with everything I know so far.

This is ridiculous.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: July 26, 2014, 03:14:36 am »

So now does that mean the chance of being town again is finally here? or is he just cursed to a 90% scum game rate

WW's chance of being scum (pre-game) is the same as any other player's.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: July 26, 2014, 03:49:06 am »

ash: Trying to push a lynch when it's pretty clear that it won't go through? Claiming to have been visited by the Love Doctor and having done strange things that could easily be viewed as scummy for no reason? I think if he really was scum, he would have somehow tried to get PPS lynched by now. Especially if he's loved. And even if PPS is his partner. Also, how is the VT claim scummy again? I think scum would have preferred a fake claim. If scum!ash is just going to claim VT, why did he refuse to claim on D3?

PPS: His D1 play seriously makes no sense at all for scum. It's not grabbing towncred to claim an anti-town role. Also, do you think he was indeed targeted by "the dice destroyer" N0? Because that would kinda imply that he's not that role himself. Which means his partner has it, which means his partner has to be ash. And ash's not scum. Add in the way he claimed today - what reason would scum possibly have to make a full turnaround on how their role works? Add in that his posts when he first claims imply that his role actually works the way it does (he says, IIRC, that his role gives out "1d12". In the OP, it's stated that 1d12 means a random number between 1 and 12).

liopoil: Used his power in a very pro-town way so far. He is super hardcore tunneling PPS, which could be an epic bus (unlikely). If it's not, then that implies that he's not partners with PPS, which means his partner has to be ash, and ash is town.

Arch: Actually the one whose play fits a scum narrative best, lurking, sheeping claimed Masons, not providing much content of his own. But there is no partner for him, so I just have to assume he's anti-town town.

You make a valid point about Arch, but I also wondering if that is because both he and mail-mi have been VLA the majority most of this game. Nonetheless, the lack content from him does make me a bit worried about him. He is also VLA right now through Saturday, I think. So, maybe it is just difficult for him to contribute to the game. I don't know.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: July 26, 2014, 03:52:47 am »

You make a valid point about Arch, but I also wondering if that is because both he and mail-mi have been VLA the majority most of this game. Nonetheless, the lack content from him does make me a bit worried about him. He is also VLA right now through Saturday, I think. So, maybe it is just difficult for him to contribute to the game. I don't know.

Maybe you want to stop selectively choosing information to respond to and instead answer how you think ash's and PPS' actions make sense as scum?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: July 26, 2014, 03:54:27 am »

Vote: BA

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: July 26, 2014, 04:12:53 am »

Maybe you want to stop selectively choosing information to respond to and instead answer how you think ash's and PPS' actions make sense as scum?

I wrote a massive reread of days 1-3 on the previous page addressing why I find their actions scummy.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: July 26, 2014, 04:56:51 am »

Also Faust, aren't you selectively choosing info. You only seem to be looking for things that make these players seem town to you. You don't seem to be looking at what could potentially make them out to be scum. Or, if their actions are scummy, you somehow make those actions out to be townie.

By the same token, you didn't even offer an argument for me being scum (okay, you have before, but I bring this point up because I posted my reads on the previous page and you are accusing me of not addressing what I found scummy about Ash and PPS).

Also, on my reads, you will notice where I give town points and scum points to actions players took. I was not deciding that any one player is scum no matter what. I analyzed each players actions, looked at context, and thought about things. I don't really see you thinking about things. All I see is someone who has made up his mind and will not look at any other evidence whatsoever when it comes to other players.

To be honest, when I started my reads, I did not include you because I began rereading around the start of D4. At the time, I decided you were town. Later on, I began to have my doubts, but I was already fairly well on my way through my rereads too go back and you. Now, I'm not sure that I will have enough time to do a full reread of you before D5, but you have done an excellent job of tunneling town players. First Ichi on D1, then yuma/e on D2 which led to a mislynch, you also tunneled me on D2 until Ichi told you to stop. And, you are doing it again on D4.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: July 26, 2014, 05:51:44 am »

Huge scumslip in BA's final paragraph there.

vote: BA
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: July 26, 2014, 05:55:24 am »

I wrote a massive reread of days 1-3 on the previous page addressing why I find their actions scummy.

So who is the scum team? Show me two players and explain how they fit together as scum. Also, respond to me objections.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: July 26, 2014, 05:59:10 am »

This post is basically contentless, or even worse, forced content. I can compile a list of scummy actions like this for any player in the game.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: July 26, 2014, 06:54:15 am »

Vote Count 4.5

ashersky (3): Witherweaver, pingpongsam, Beyond Awesome
pingpongsam (2): liopoil, Archetype
no lynch (1): Hydrad
Beyond Awesome (2): faust, ashersky

not voting (0)

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Evening begins on July 26 at 11am forum time.
Day 4 ends on July 28 at 11am forum time.

Target: 4
Score: 5

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: July 26, 2014, 06:58:28 am »

This will be the first time we ever experience the game going to evening. I wonder if something special will happen.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: July 26, 2014, 07:01:02 am »

Looking at the vote count: I think we can exclude a scum team with two of Arch/lio/Hydrad/me, where one scum player is loved.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: July 26, 2014, 07:11:05 am »

Vote: BA
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: July 26, 2014, 07:14:12 am »

I think BA should have stayed quiet, I was heretofore discontentedly resigned the magical masons could not be lynched today, but that last interchange rekindled my belief that f.ds cannot be so blind.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: July 26, 2014, 09:20:51 am »

I think BA should have stayed quiet, I was heretofore discontentedly resigned the magical masons could not be lynched today, but that last interchange rekindled my belief that f.ds cannot be so blind.
Am I missing something in that last interchange? I don't see it.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: July 26, 2014, 09:32:24 am »

It's mostly the attitude of "see how flexible I have been where you are not"? BA is demonstrably just as committed to a course of action as Faust. It's one thing to be committed, it's entirely another to be disingenuous about it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: July 26, 2014, 10:12:00 am »

So I've learned that Masons are a negative utility role and you're better off lying about it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: July 26, 2014, 10:13:39 am »

So who is the scum team? Show me two players and explain how they fit together as scum. Also, respond to me objections.

I'm sure scum teams always try to make it clear who their partners are so that people can fit everything together.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: July 26, 2014, 10:15:41 am »

Huge scumslip in BA's final paragraph there.

vote: BA

Scumslip (n): An entirely made-up word by Ashersky that can be thrown around as a cover for voting against someone and pushing for a lynch whenever it might be convenient.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: July 26, 2014, 10:16:05 am »

I cannot believe that town!Ash does not know I'm town here.  This would be horribly inconsistent with everything I know so far.

This is ridiculous.

I know, Ash is ridiculous.  So are you, by the way.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 188  All

Page created in 2.505 seconds with 21 queries.