Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 188  All

Author Topic: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 544866 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #950 on: July 02, 2014, 07:22:35 pm »

Ashersky is also terrible at reading between lines.
I've never played with you before and don't really know how to read you at all. From what some people have been saying, Ash has Bussed his own team by hammering them before. To me, that just makes me think he wouldn't pull the same trick twice and expect to get away with it.

I've never hammered my own partner before, I don't think.  I'm not much of a busser, actually.  Generally I really push the mislynch as hard as possible, and generally succeed.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #951 on: July 02, 2014, 07:22:59 pm »

First of all... reading the OP isn't scummy. I read it at work via an e-mail w/o the correct format and still got the following out of it. Your lack of reading comprehension does not make anyone else scummy. It just means you need to read better...

The Orc has attacked mail-mi!

Target: 60
Score: 0

moving on to things that actually matter....

Agreed.  Who was making that argument?  Oh right, PPS.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 02, 2014, 07:23:18 pm »

Also someone said this already, but I will echo it... FOS to people who just played their dice w/o discussion at all, this is a perfect example where coordination would have been ideal. Really... no one should have played until everyone should have checked in. Yes, we apparently beat the monster... thanks guys! But there was zero reason to not wait.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 02, 2014, 07:23:45 pm »

I think it was mostly faust... I don't necessarily think it is a scummy argument. Just a silly one.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 02, 2014, 07:24:50 pm »

I'm curious to hear ashersky describe how it makes sense that I put Voltaire at L-1 despite not voting anywhere near him prior to that but rather testing the waters surrounding him. By the time I voted Voltaire yesterday I would have been shocked if he flipped Town.
you certainly never at any point during D1 demonstrated any suspicion of Voltaire at all. I certainly give no towncred to your place on the wagon and perhaps even give it scumcred because of how you did it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 02, 2014, 07:26:38 pm »

I really want to lynch off-wagon today though, I think there's at least one scum to be found there. Vote: yuma

I was quite surprised when voltaire flipped scum. I really didn't think scum would play low roles. I imagine that voltaire must have been very unlucky or was really risky.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 02, 2014, 07:27:16 pm »

Faust, who visited you N0?

Yuma is the one person I lean strong town on. I do not give ashersky a pass for hammering. His no comment hammer looked very cred grabby. He did hammer so null for now. Still have to reread with the knowledge volt was scum.

I am in a tough spot with dice. Really I needed to be the first to roll. I can either play stored and be out if dice completely or roll and play the one die remaining in my supply.

I don't really know why you have such a strong town read on me. Quite surprised by it actually, more than people being suspicious of me. Could you elaborate?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 02, 2014, 07:27:26 pm »

Ashersky is also terrible at reading between lines.
I've never played with you before and don't really know how to read you at all. From what some people have been saying, Ash has Bussed his own team by hammering them before. To me, that just makes me think he wouldn't pull the same trick twice and expect to get away with it.

I've never hammered my own partner before, I don't think.  I'm not much of a busser, actually.  Generally I really push the mislynch as hard as possible, and generally succeed.
Thanks for telling me. And I see that the argument made against you is one that scum would hope will be successful given your reputation.

Again, I've never played with PPS before, but it sounds like his behavior in this game is fully within the bounds of his scum!meta. In which case, I'm probably going to be sheeping you more. With how lucky we got D1, I think we have a very good shot at hitting scum again today. A scum flip this early is just so helpful for reads analysis.

I'm actually back to vote: PPS since it turns out the only reason I found him townie wasn't really a reason at all.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM16: Dice Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #958 on: July 02, 2014, 07:28:19 pm »

First of all... reading the OP isn't scummy. I read it at work via an e-mail w/o the correct format and still got the following out of it. Your lack of reading comprehension does not make anyone else scummy. It just means you need to read better...

The Orc has attacked mail-mi!

Target: 60
Score: 0

moving on to things that actually matter....

Agreed.  Who was making that argument?  Oh right, PPS.

No, I directly refuted it and then lampooned the notion.  What were saying about pushing the mislynch real hard, again?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 02, 2014, 07:30:28 pm »

Also. Can someone please address the way that faust just dropped my wagon D1. It seemed so unlike town to tunnel me the whole day and then switch to Volt because "IG's recent posts are more townie". At that point, I was kind of surprised that he just stopped attacking, so I went back and checked my last few posts and they were mostly jokes and stuff. So I really feel like that was a scum move on his part.

PPE: It was faust that made that argument I think. Another strike against him.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: July 02, 2014, 07:30:49 pm »

Alright, so this is what we do: We mass claim. The order will be this:

yuma
Witherweaver
Beyond Awesome
chairs
liopoil
Hydrad
Ichimaru Gin
ashersky
pingpongsam
faust
XerxesPraelor
mail-mi

We claim: Role, who we targeted, what happened to us. Does anyone have a problem with this?

I don't know who died and made you IC... but sure I'll claim. I wanted to do it yesterday!

I am a Thief... a town thief mind you... I am pretty sure there are at least two... one town and one mafia as there were two people who had dice stolen yesterday. I stole specifically from BoxofDog N0 and N1. First night because I wanted to steal from a lurker and the same logic the next night (I considered ash both nights, first because I wanted to punk him :) and the second because of his hammer) but ultimately settled on stealing from someone who I feared might not even be around to use his dice as he is a serial lurker.

I did not target faust either night, except with the doctor thing I targeted faust N1.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 02, 2014, 07:31:24 pm »

Also someone said this already, but I will echo it... FOS to people who just played their dice w/o discussion at all, this is a perfect example where coordination would have been ideal. Really... no one should have played until everyone should have checked in. Yes, we apparently beat the monster... thanks guys! But there was zero reason to not wait.
Yeah, I gave them a FOS too. However, it may just be bad play and not scum play. Beyond Awesome looks at least a little bit bad from it.

However, right now I have to Vote: PPS. Super scummy. His early D1 claims made no sense as town, his random suspicion of me and other people was scummy because it was not founded in reason and seemed to be testing the waters, and his move to Voltaire was sudden, only near the end, and not explained or supported. Lastly, his claims of running out of dice are very easy for scum to make, and are certainly not a good claim to make as town because then scum know not to kill you.

PPE: 5, I see ichimaru has similar sentiments.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 02, 2014, 07:32:04 pm »

I'm curious to hear ashersky describe how it makes sense that I put Voltaire at L-1 despite not voting anywhere near him prior to that but rather testing the waters surrounding him. By the time I voted Voltaire yesterday I would have been shocked if he flipped Town.

If you put him to L-1, that gives you a bit of towncred, I think, if you were a normal player.

But the "ash is crazy enough to derphammer is own partner" argument (which is ridiculous) applies to you times a million.  You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.  So scum!pps putting his scumpartner to L-1 early on D1 is completely possible.

If you would have been shocked for Voltaire to flip town, why were you nowhere near him all day?  That's a contradiction.  You are saying "I never suspected him or voted him or near him or anything about him ever!!!!! but then I voted for him to put him at L-1 and was absolutely sure he was scum."  Tell me how that makes sense.

It makes sense in the "I don't make my target obvious until I am certain and the interactions surrounding him disprove alternatives". Everyone agreed my late play yesterday made no sense but I assured everyone there was a method and ultimately it will be shown that my method was flawless. If you think you know the direction I am moving in based on what I have posted you are likely quite wrong.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 02, 2014, 07:32:17 pm »

Liopoil is clearly town.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 02, 2014, 07:33:23 pm »

I think that is the most pertinent stuff to respond to... I think mass claiming is the way to go... especially with my role I would prefer it to be more town directed or not used (using it on box was more of a fail-safe because I feared he wouldn't use his dice to our advantage.

I guess I am not going to roll in case something happens with the monster? Otherwise it would just be throwing away dice yes?

I think ash pretty null and need to reread better to actually get scummy reads. I am still a bit scummy on liopoil but not completely sure about it...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 02, 2014, 07:39:06 pm »

I am a Thief... a town thief mind you... I am pretty sure there are at least two... one town and one mafia as there were two people who had dice stolen yesterday. I stole specifically from BoxofDog N0 and N1. First night because I wanted to steal from a lurker and the same logic the next night (I considered ash both nights, first because I wanted to punk him :) and the second because of his hammer) but ultimately settled on stealing from someone who I feared might not even be around to use his dice as he is a serial lurker.
I presume you gain the dice you steal? Is it worth it to tell us how many dice you steal, or no? I don't see why we need to know, so unless you have a reason to tell us, don't. I suppose it could be useful for confirming your claim.

Do we have confirmation that boxofdog was stolen from on N0?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 02, 2014, 07:39:34 pm »

Thanks for the compliment. Coming from you that has to be sig line material.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 02, 2014, 07:40:42 pm »

Is it better to catch scum in the lie? Or is it better to Vote: Yuma right now for lying?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 02, 2014, 07:40:57 pm »

I feel like Yuma is town after that post. Also does thief mean that you take their dice and get it in you supply?

Ppe: box of dog said his supply went from 15 to 13 if I recall when he finally joined
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 02, 2014, 07:42:00 pm »

Is it better to catch scum in the lie? Or is it better to Vote: Yuma right now for lying?

What makes you so sure he's lying?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 02, 2014, 07:43:28 pm »

What makes you so sure he isn't?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 02, 2014, 07:47:40 pm »

It lines up with what box of dog says and unless someone else claims to have done something to box of dog I feel like he is most likely telling the truth. He's not 100% town yet but I don't think I'm going to lynch him today unless something happens

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 02, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »

It lines up with what box of dog says and unless someone else claims to have done something to box of dog I feel like he is most likely telling the truth. He's not 100% town yet but I don't think I'm going to lynch him today unless something happens

Oh, I agree with everything you just said, there.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 02, 2014, 07:56:55 pm »

I considered ash both nights, first because I wanted to punk him :)

I have had to work to refrain from wielding my anti town power on you both nights for exactly the same reasons. Brotherly love flows around here.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 02, 2014, 08:02:51 pm »

In your next post, everyone please state: Did you target me on N0? Did you target me on N1 (other than with the Doc thingy)?
sorry, didn't do this in my next post because I didn't see it yet. I targeted you on N1.
faust, can you confirm that I did this? (I believe you should be able to assuming that nobody else claims to have targeted you with a non-doctor power on N1). I don't particularly want to full-claim, but will if needed. My full-claim does not benefit town (and probably hurts it slightly), unless I would otherwise be lynched.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 188  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.