Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Vault + Gold = Province  (Read 1324 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Vault + Gold = Province
« on: May 21, 2014, 02:10:24 pm »

Code: [Select]
Chancellor, Doctor, Fortune Teller, Market Square, Armory, Remake, Salvager, Council Room, Counting House, Vault
In honor of this video, when I came across this board I immediately knew my strategy.  It worked! (probably should have gotten a second vault though)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
Re: Vault + Gold = Province
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 02:16:46 pm »

Code: [Select]
Chancellor, Doctor, Fortune Teller, Market Square, Armory, Remake, Salvager, Council Room, Counting House, Vault
In honor of this video, when I came across this board I immediately knew my strategy.  It worked! (probably should have gotten a second vault though)

Are the Market Squares really worth it? You can get a Gold or two early on, probably, if you buy several Market Squares. But very quickly you'll be done playing your Doctor and they're just dead, where a Silver would be nice. And if you had bought several Silvers instead of several Market Squares, you'd have more buying power early, without sacrificing much (if any) late.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 02:20:07 pm »

Are the Market Squares really worth it? You can get a Gold or two early on, probably, if you buy several Market Squares. But very quickly you'll be done playing your Doctor and they're just dead, where a Silver would be nice. And if you had bought several Silvers instead of several Market Squares, you'd have more buying power early, without sacrificing much (if any) late.

Yeah, I didn't really play this one all that great.  Too many market squares, didnt do a great job trashing, only ended up with 2 golds and a vault.  But still managed to get the necessary provinces (4) by turn 15.  I think what won the game is that my opponent's deck was not ready to start greening.  (mine wasnt really either)  He had more golds, but no vault.  So I was able to just edge him out.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 03:07:07 pm »
+1

Is this all better than BM Vault?  In my first try against Banker Bot I've got to 4 Provinces, a Duchy, 2 Vaults, a Gold and 4 Silvers by turn 12, and I didn't have to trash my starting Estates.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.