Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: a more tactical salvager  (Read 912 times)

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
a more tactical salvager
« on: May 19, 2014, 11:58:00 am »

I have the following idea, which I think is pretty cool for a card. This is one possible way to apply it, but there are several which I would like to hear. It works in big engines and comboes especially with gainers. It is hard to buy once the engine is rolling, so it can be good to buy a few planning ahead. Quite tactical.

Greenhouse - $3*
+1 Buy
Trash a card from your hand. +$ equal to its cost.
---
During your turn, this costs $1 more per Action card you have in play.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3226
    • View Profile
Re: a more tactical salvager
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 12:14:26 pm »

it's a mix between salvager and this card

+1 buy
trash this. +1$ for each action card you have in play.

which is an idea i've played around with too, but I don't actually think it's good. the thing is, engines are already dominating most boards, and I don't like the idea of a card that rewards playing lots of action cards just for the hell of it. it kind of takes elegance out of the game, because the goal is now just to play as many action cards as possible.

i don't know how much impact it really has, since you need two of them to make it happen, but I dislike the concept. that's just me though, so feel free to ignore it

also, it's very close to being strictkly better than salvager, because you usually want to buy salvager turn 1 if you want it.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
Re: a more tactical salvager
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 12:23:46 pm »

I disagree with buying Salvager turn 1. I would say that is sometimes true, but definitely not most of the time.

Also, the card I proposed is hard to buy once you have an engine playing lots of cards, due to being expensive. So, there are plenty of decisions regarding how to use it. And, you need 2 to actually use it in its more amazing way, or some other TfB card.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 20 queries.