Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New basic stats page  (Read 19870 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: New basic stats page
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 10:03:24 am »

question:  how are ties calculated into this percentage?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 01:04:18 pm »
+1

question:  how are ties calculated into this percentage?

Each win is worth 1 point, ties are 0.5, and losses are 0. So a tie has the effect of bringing your total closer to 50% (you can see this effect in, for example, my win-rate against AdamH: 50% of 9 games)

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 02:59:24 pm »
+1

Great work :D

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2014, 04:35:28 pm »
+2

Great work!

Well, I can do a few things. I can ignore games that have fewer than N turns (probably like 3 is good), and I can ignore non-Pro games. I'm a little dubious about ignoring non-Pro, but I definitely shouldn't be counting quick resigns.

I think by default you should count everything but give users the option to filter for whatever they want. I quitted dozens (possibly over a hundred) games due to laptop crashes. AI has been particularly generous in offering a subsequent T1 resign, so counting one but not the other would greatly distort the results. Well, maybe you shouldn't count everything by default, pick whatever criteria you think are most sensible, but please leave the option to include and exclude everything we may want (early resigns, quits, unrated games, casual games, etc.).

I'd also love to see the option to select a date range.

I added checkboxes for pro/unrated/casual/early-resignation. Datepicker sounds like a good idea but is more work; I'll probably get to it eventually.

serakfalcon

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: serakfalcon
  • Respect: +230
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2014, 01:50:49 am »

If you're willing to fix the database structure to store the kingdoms more sensibly, I'd be delighted: https://github.com/aiannacc/goko-dominion-tools.  I'd prefer if you work with your own local version of the database, but I can also give you write access to mine if you need it.
I don't need write access to yours but do need read permission for the tables (for example, advbot). Will that require a new user or can you give the permission to forum?

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2014, 02:56:32 am »
+2

If you're willing to fix the database structure to store the kingdoms more sensibly, I'd be delighted: https://github.com/aiannacc/goko-dominion-tools.  I'd prefer if you work with your own local version of the database, but I can also give you write access to mine if you need it.
I don't need write access to yours but do need read permission for the tables (for example, advbot). Will that require a new user or can you give the permission to forum?

The only tables that you actually need are game and presult. Everything else is just various nonsense he's accumulated over time, I think, or things that aren't related to the project you're hoping to undertake.

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2014, 03:28:05 am »

The only tables that you actually need are game and presult. Everything else is just various nonsense he's accumulated over time, I think, or things that aren't related to the project you're hoping to undertake.

Yes, game + presult is pretty much the whole story for Pro games.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 11:35:04 am »
+7

One interesting stat that I didn't have on CR but that would fit well with AI's system is this:

Your net change in rating after playing different players.  So you'll see who you've earned and lost your points from.  It's good for breeding rivalries, finding feared opponents, and discovering opponents who seem to love to make you look better.

(Of course, you'll need to hook into the trueskill implementation, not just the games database).

I did this for my previous race for the galaxy stats site.  EG, see here.  http://jburnim.github.io/rftgstats/tgs/player_rrenaud.html

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2014, 04:32:46 pm »

I agree with amalloy that it shouldn't be necessary, but I just granted select privileges on advbot to the forum user anyway.  Let me know if there's any other access you need.  I'd just open up the whole thing, but there are few tables (e.g. blacklist) that I'd rather not make public.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 04:34:45 pm »

One interesting stat that I didn't have on CR but that would fit well with AI's system is this:

Your net change in rating after playing different players.  So you'll see who you've earned and lost your points from.  It's good for breeding rivalries, finding feared opponents, and discovering opponents who seem to love to make you look better.

(Of course, you'll need to hook into the trueskill implementation, not just the games database).

I did this for my previous race for the galaxy stats site.  EG, see here.  http://jburnim.github.io/rftgstats/tgs/player_rrenaud.html

This would be very cool.  It'd give somewhat quirky results with either Isotropish or Goko Pro, as both have a hefty bias in favor of the lower-rated player (more on this in my forthcoming analysis), but it'd still be interesting to see.

serakfalcon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 11:49:07 pm »

I agree with amalloy that it shouldn't be necessary, but I just granted select privileges on advbot to the forum user anyway.  Let me know if there's any other access you need.  I'd just open up the whole thing, but there are few tables (e.g. blacklist) that I'd rather not make public.

The tables I could use are supply and cardname (which actually should be merged with card_url, maybe just call it cards?)
I know amalloy is working on those now, but it will be useful for later, as I'd like to remove logfile as a pk from everywhere.

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2014, 01:23:20 am »
+1

The tables I could use are supply and cardname (which actually should be merged with card_url, maybe just call it cards?)
I know amalloy is working on those now, but it will be useful for later, as I'd like to remove logfile as a pk from everywhere.

This is getting a bit off-topic for this thread. Shall we take the db management stuff elsewhere? I don't really know what subforum is right.

As for those tables: yes, I created them yesterday-ish, and populated them today, and they just had whatever visibility is the default. I've now given the forum user read access. And the reason cardname and cardurl are separate is because cardname didn't exist until yesterday; I'm trying to make as few changes as possible to the existing tables.

serakfalcon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2014, 02:09:00 am »

This is getting a bit off-topic for this thread. Shall we take the db management stuff elsewhere? I don't really know what subforum is right.

I'll make an issue in Github

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2014, 10:54:23 pm »

The stats page was working earlier today, but is no longer working.  I know you said it could disappear at any time, but I am just curious if this is a bug or a disappearing act.

If it is a disappearing act I will be very sad.  I really enjoyed learning things like my win rate against WanderingWinder is about 27%
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2014, 10:56:34 pm »
+1

The stats page was working earlier today, but is no longer working.  I know you said it could disappear at any time, but I am just curious if this is a bug or a disappearing act.

If it is a disappearing act I will be very sad.  I really enjoyed learning things like my win rate against WanderingWinder is about 27%

Something is wrong the gokosalvager database that the stats page uses. I'll send Andrew an email to see what's up.

Edit: AI was doing somehousekeeping without telling me. The stats page is back.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 11:11:32 pm by amalloy »

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 04:57:14 am »

Hello all,

does this awesome project only take 2 player games into account?
Greetings,
SirDagen

amalloy

• Witch
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 03:34:42 pm »
+2

Hello all,

does this awesome project only take 2 player games into account?

Yes, two-player games only, just like the isotropish leaderboard. Figuring out whether who "won" and "lost" in a 3+ player game is just weird and not really that useful.

Also, I've finally given this program a slightly nicer URL: http://gokostats.malloys.org (the old URL will continue to work, but you should use the new one just in case I change the port number or move to Andrew's server someday in the future).

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 05:02:30 pm »
+2

I think it's simple.  The winner won.  Everyone else lost.  You neither beat nor lost to the player who got third if you were 2nd.

Of course, it's basically not useful because who plays >2p :P.

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2014, 11:04:11 am »

So, go try it out! Let me know if there's anything wrong, or if there's something more you'd like added (no promises I can do it, of course). Is this something you'd like to live at gokosalvager.com?

Yes.  :) But I'd like the page to also show statistics for opponents with <4 games, at least when there's few or no opponents with >4 games.
Is it intended that pro/casual games against bots are not included? You do seem to list the adventures' bots, after all...

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2014, 12:35:33 pm »

Any particular reason bot games aren't included?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.