Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Resurgence: Library Adventurer's fan expansion (YAFE)  (Read 56456 times)

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
Re: Resurgence: Library Adventurer's fan expansion (YAFE)
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2017, 07:31:54 pm »
+1

Played a game with Pedestal, I really think it needs reining in. Limiting it to Action cards is a good start, and maybe only up to 3 then.
Really?  I've only played 2 or 3 games with it so far, but it has seemed kindof weak (but fine for $3). Maybe we just underestimated it which made us underuse it. I think I'll test it a bit more before changing it though.
thanks for the feedback.
I think it's just to easy to frequently use it for +3 or more VP, and it doesn't really end the game.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2017, 05:42:17 pm »
+1

With a big more thought, I think you should change it just to effect cards costing 2 or more. The main problem is discarding Coppers for VP is too good. Letting you discard Silvers and such should make it fine, although I still want to cap it at 3.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2017, 06:07:03 pm »
+1

Limiting it to 3 (per play) seems like a good idea. I haven't got around to playtesting it since the previous couple posts (We've had to skip our usual IRL Dominion night a couple times lately because of ...RL). I still plan on testing it more before changing it beyond that, but I'll keep the suggetions in mind.

One reason I hesitate to consider it too strong without testing it more myself, is that using it for +3VP without doing much else on your turn isn't good play (unless maybe if you're way behind trying to catch up). If your opponents are spending their turns building an engine (while maybe getting ~1VP/turn with their own Pedestals), I'm pretty sure they'd beat the player who often uses their turn discarding their hand to a Pedestal.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2017, 01:36:00 am »
+1

We played this 3-player game today (with shelters). Was one of the very rare times I went for Feodum, and I partly did it because like to I try things I don't normally do against my Dominion group as a little bit of a handicap. I wasn't sure how viable Feodum would be here, but I ended up winning by three points. Pedestal was well-used this game, and Inventor was helpful for silver gaining. It was fun having to use Necropolis, Scholar, Summon, and Throne Room for splitters to play my Wharfs especially while trying to balance them in my deck with silver gaining for Feodums.
Finally getting some good testing for the Pedestal card. I'm thinking it'll be good with the "discard up to 3 cards" limitation.

I'm planning on adding Inventor to the OP as part of Resurgence, though it originally wasn't meant as part of the set. Scholar is by Fragasnap.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 01:39:31 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Aquila

• Minion
  • Respect: +764
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2017, 04:29:48 am »
+1

Finally getting some good testing for the Pedestal card. I'm thinking it'll be good with the "discard up to 3 cards" limitation.
I think it's necessary; as it is, wouldn't it make a golden deck that never pushed the game end with Alchemist?

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2017, 07:21:34 pm »

I think it's necessary; as it is, wouldn't it make a golden deck that never pushed the game end with Alchemist?
Yeah, probably.  I'll add the limitation, but not sure when I'll get around to updating the images.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.