Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Skip the Adventures code  (Read 19301 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
Re: Skip the Adventures code
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2014, 07:50:31 pm »
+2

Yeah, pretty much. This bug/feature highlights a much bigger problem, that I only became aware of after some more digging. [...] So, for example [...] So yeah, that's a pretty serious flaw. [...]

It's best to not share stuff like this in public. Report it to MF for them to to fix and hope to maintain some security through obscurity in the (likely indefinite) meantime.

Okay, yeah.  I just deleted that one too.

serakfalcon, stop shattering our illusions!

Is this anything I should be worried about for my own security? As in, I log in through Google, is Making Fun publicly displaying my password, ID photo, and favorite ice cream flavors somewhere somehow?

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2014, 10:00:52 pm »

Yeah, pretty much. This bug/feature highlights a much bigger problem, that I only became aware of after some more digging. [...] So, for example [...] So yeah, that's a pretty serious flaw. [...]

It's best to not share stuff like this in public. Report it to MF for them to to fix and hope to maintain some security through obscurity in the (likely indefinite) meantime.

Is this anything I should be worried about for my own security? As in, I log in through Google, is Making Fun publicly displaying my password, ID photo, and favorite ice cream flavors somewhere somehow?

Your question is more reasonable than you would think.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:29:30 am by Drab Emordnilap »

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2014, 10:07:50 pm »
+4

Why did you tell them your favourite ice-cream flavour? Trusting them with such sensitive information, crazy mistake.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2014, 01:19:48 am »
+5

Why did you tell them your favourite ice-cream flavour? Trusting them with such sensitive information, crazy mistake.

I know.  That's rule #1 of the internet: Never tell them your favorite ice cream flavor.  Mine is strawberry.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2014, 01:43:59 am »
+2

Not as far as I can tell.

FYI, it's theoretically possible for the Salvager extension to capture your password IF you log in using Goko's interface (i.e. not through Facebook, Twitter, or Google).  Of course, Salvager is open source and there are five active contributors plus others who test and work on the code itself, so it'd be pretty tough for one of us to sneak that sort of code in without someone else noticing.  But if you're interested in what your theoretical vulnerabilities are, that's probably one.

The same goes for other browser extensions too, actually.  They can usually watch what you're doing on whatever sites you've allowed them to run on.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2014, 03:24:51 am »
+1

And now you've made me one of those paranoid internet users. Except not really. I'm naive and trusting. :D

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2014, 05:12:54 am »

Nice finally i can get all promos and have 3 Stars in all adventures

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2014, 09:11:36 am »
+25

I know.  That's rule #1 of the internet: Never tell them your favorite ice cream flavor.  Mine is strawberry.
Mine is mint.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

CopperrCopper

• Scout
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2014, 11:30:16 am »
+3

Mine is mint.

No no, they are different cards. 

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2014, 12:13:06 am »

So apparently Adventures games affect your record? I've been using this code and going through the Adventures and now I have a lot more wins than losses, which was not the case before and as weird as it sounds, I don't like it!
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2014, 04:32:59 am »
+2

So apparently Adventures games affect your record? I've been using this code and going through the Adventures and now I have a lot more wins than losses, which was not the case before and as weird as it sounds, I don't like it!
you could modify the code on who gets the curses and who gets he duchies, and just go and autolose some adventure games...

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2014, 05:10:37 am »

The best solution is to ignore your "record."
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2014, 08:53:24 am »

I randomly checked the daily leaderboard yesterday and saw you on top with FIFTY wins, and I thought, "wow, that's a lot of games of dominion in one day", and then remembered oh, adventures, right...

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2014, 12:05:08 pm »

I randomly checked the daily leaderboard yesterday and saw you on top with FIFTY wins, and I thought, "wow, that's a lot of games of dominion in one day", and then remembered oh, adventures, right...

Yeah then I played multiplayer and got about FIFTY losses. So it all evens out, right?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +466
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2014, 03:36:41 pm »

Obv. selling promos directly makes a profit, although uh it's hard to see how that works out as well without them just being crazy expensive relative to cards from expansions. But the point to the promos isn't to make money directly, it's to promote; selling them goes against that, though that doesn't mean we'd complain if Making Fun did it. [...]

MF already does sell some of the promo cards (Black Market and Stash) for $1 each, which seems to work out fine AFAIK. (But they've kept three non-buyable promos so that you still have to do almost all the adventures to gain them all...)

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2014, 09:12:07 pm »
+1

MF already does sell some of the promo cards (Black Market and Stash) for $1 each, which seems to work out fine AFAIK. (But they've kept three non-buyable promos so that you still have to do almost all the adventures to gain them all...)
Again, I believe this is to encourage people to buy all of the expansions. If they wanted to preserve that w/o forcing you to do campaigns, it would need to be like, sets come with funny money and enough of it buys a promo (or you pay money too, but you don't pay now so why add that).

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2014, 10:03:04 pm »
+1

Obv. selling promos directly makes a profit, although uh it's hard to see how that works out as well without them just being crazy expensive relative to cards from expansions. But the point to the promos isn't to make money directly, it's to promote; selling them goes against that, though that doesn't mean we'd complain if Making Fun did it. [...]

I thought they did that because it was literally impossible to get enough VP for all the promos otherwise. Instead, now it's only impossible if you bought BM or Stash with VP instead of money.

You know, like all of Goko. Enough of a good idea that you can see it working, and lots of bad execution around it that makes it awful. The nicer solution would be to make the promos buyable for money if you only have 2 promos left, but that's harder to code.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2014, 11:38:34 pm »
+4

I don't really understand why Goko would be concerned with people buying the promos but not expansions. Who in their right mind would drop a $1 on 1 promo kingdom card before buying an expansion, which is way better value per card?

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2014, 09:31:49 am »

I don't really understand why Goko would be concerned with people buying the promos but not expansions. Who in their right mind would drop a $1 on 1 promo kingdom card before buying an expansion, which is way better value per card?

Also, Black Market with base only is the awfulness revealed.

Jerk of All trades

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2014, 11:20:18 am »

So, I did this last night and beat every adventure.  However I found that I ended up with only 364 shields and was only able to buy 3/5 of the promos.  (I own every expansion and paid the 500 coins for the last adventure in every expansion).

I'm also #4 in hte world in Adventures :o :-[

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2014, 02:27:49 pm »
+20

I don't really understand why Goko...

Goko operates according to its own internal logic. A logic so advanced and wholly incompatible with anything hitherto thought up by man, that whoever tries to grasp it with the naive hands of common sense will lose his grip and tumble down into a bottomless abyss of existential confusion.

The only escape is to open yourself up to the truth. To accept that Goko can only be understood on its own intractable terms. Questions of the sort "Why does Goko...?"—which only arise from the misguided application of caveman logic to a system beyond human comprehension—are then harmoniously resolved into an irrefutable tautology: because it's Goko.

The road ahead is long, arduous and painful, but I can assure you that it's worth treading. It does not simply end with enlightenment. What follows is something better still: the most persistent will eventually meet The Mighty Owl, who welcomes you with a divinely raised eyebrow under His wings of infinite wisdom.

May you recognize Him as your rightful master.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2014, 08:21:59 pm »
+5

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2014, 09:16:56 pm »
+4

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2014, 01:55:54 pm »

As soon as the game starts, it will end with you as the victor (with 40 duchies, because, why not)

This is excellent! And it is great that each user did it on his own, so there are no responsibility problems. Although I still dont know why I have to do so many clicks for the promos. Doesnt make sense to me.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:59:23 pm by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

Acher

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2014, 01:23:57 am »

Is each act worth 14 shields?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.