Dominion > Game Reports

Shortest games around

(1/5) > >>

amalloy:
Earlier today I played a Governor game that emptied the Provinces in just 10 turns. That's pretty fast, I thought, but I wonder how much faster the fastest games have been, and what cards tend to enable really short games?

I remember Adam and Qvist playing a really fast Hermit + Market Square mirror, which was over in just 7 1/2 turns. I haven't found any games faster than this, but I did find a game that comes close: it turns out Stonemason + Quarry + Wharf is a pretty big deal. Does anyone know of a game faster than these?

Also, note that these hyper-fast games are three-piles, whereas in my Governor game the score was 30-27 with all the Provinces gone. I was sure it's possible to get through the Provinces faster than we did, and indeed Andrew has me covered, picking up 42 VPs at once in a turn-9 finale. So far I haven't found anything faster; can anyone beat the 9-turn Province pile-out?

Edit: I found an improvement, buying all Provinces after 8 1/2 turns, using KC+Bridge with Chapel for trashing and Spy to connect the dots. D C managed to play 9 Bridges on turn 9, and he even politely refrained from piling it on with two free Duchies.

Edit: Qvist pointed out that the Stonemason/Quarry game is not as fast as the Hermit/MS game, so I've fixed that.

hvb:
Governor leads on average to the fastest games. The average (!) number of turns is 2 full turns less than in games with the 2nd fastest card (Wharf). The gap between #1 and #2 is so big as the gap between #2 and #100 !!!

http://councilroom.com/popular_buys

My fastest games had 9 turns. One did end on 3-piling Menagerie, Stonemason, Hamlet. The other ended on 3 piling Market, Workers Village, Native Village (with Quarry)

https://www.gokosalvager.com:8889/static/logprettifier.html?20140213/log.50a44d70e4b09c3f1c235128.1392312895871.txt
https://www.gokosalvager.com:8889/static/logprettifier.html?20131101/log.513c6290e4b024827a53588c.1383320071693.txt

Qvist:

--- Quote from: amalloy on May 11, 2014, 12:08:41 am ---I remember Adam and Qvist playing a really fast Hermit + Market Square mirror, which was over in just 7 1/2 turns. I haven't found any games faster than this, but I did find a game that ties it: it turns out Stonemason + Quarry + Wharf is a pretty big deal. Does anyone know of a game faster than these?

--- End quote ---

This game was nuts. Haven't seen any game faster than it either. I'm also interested if any game comes close to this.
The second game you linked doesn't tie it btw, it's one turn slower, but it's also pretty cool. Quarry+Stonemason is really strong.

Qvist:
Necroing this thread because of recent events.

There are now two games faster than the game with Adam and me.
About a year ago Watno posted a game that lasted 7 turns and all Provinces were even emptied. See here.

Today I played a League match against Dingan that was just as fast. It did end on 3 piles though, so not quite as impressive, but seems still to be the fastest league match ever.
You can watch the game in this video or watch the replay (Game Id: 1161790, decision index: 154 if you want to see the log).

gkrieg13:

--- Quote from: Qvist on February 11, 2017, 03:38:30 pm ---Necroing this thread because of recent events.

There are now two games faster than the game with Adam and me.
About a year ago Watno posted a game that lasted 7 turns and all Provinces were even emptied. See here.

Today I played a League match against Dingan that was just as fast. It did end on 3 piles though, so not quite as impressive, but seems still to be the fastest league match ever.
You can watch the game in this video or watch the replay (Game Id: 1161790, decision index: 154 if you want to see the log).

--- End quote ---

Thanks for dragging up old memories!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version