Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Crazy game  (Read 1435 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
Crazy game
« on: May 08, 2014, 07:36:06 pm »
+1

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20140508/log.512ae0e2e4b0c02658feaf53.1399591993756.txt

Code: [Select]
Vineyard, Haven, Squire, Stonemason, Rats, Council Room, Count, Harvest, Goons, Forge
Just seeing the board, it's obvious that this is a Vineyard board.  Stonemason, Rats, you can easily trash Squires for Goons, etc.  The game three piled pretty quickly (although I don't know why my opponent did it), and I already had a nine point vineyard (I didn't get any more because of how fast the game ended) by that point.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy game
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 09:05:17 pm »
+1

Vineyard games are pretty much always crazy. Even when there are few non-terminals, Vineyards is still great.

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +353
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:34:20 am »
+3

Vineyard games are pretty much always crazy. Even when there are few non-terminals, Vineyards is still great.

But on this board vineyard is straight trap. This is a goons board, its easy to create a council room/squire/goons engine, with count for trashing and getting goons from squires.

You want to three pile and win by goons points, and buying potions before your megaturn will slow you down and goon opponent would do same before you could get two vineyards.

As game goes it looks that squire split is essential, I would try open silver, stonemason+2squires or 3 squires and gain some silver. A stonemason/rats is clearly a bad opening.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 09:39:57 am »

But on this board vineyard is straight trap. This is a goons board, its easy to create a council room/squire/goons engine, with count for trashing and getting goons from squires.

You want to three pile and win by goons points, and buying potions before your megaturn will slow you down and goon opponent would do same before you could get two vineyards.

As game goes it looks that squire split is essential, I would try open silver, stonemason+2squires or 3 squires and gain some silver. A stonemason/rats is clearly a bad opening.

agreed with everything

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 09:55:18 am »
+1

I don't think you want to trash any Squires. This is true for most games, but especially here. They are the only splitter, you want to be able to draw your deck with Council Room and then play as many Goons as possible. Trashing your Coppers that you have bought last turn with Forge or Count (obv you didn't buy them with Forge or Count, you are trashing them with Forge or Count) is also nice if you can do it. Even better if you can Haven a Squire every turn to make sure you always have one. There are just so many things that the extra Squires are useful for, and topdecking a Squire and trashing three junk cards is more effective at getting rid of junk than gaining a Copper, trashing a Squire and three junk cards.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:58:53 am by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.