Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Puzzle cube win  (Read 4430 times)

Hydralisk

• Swindler
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Puzzle cube win
« on: May 05, 2014, 09:12:08 am »

Just wanted to share  :) Dunno how common those wins by cube are, but I never saw it before.
http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201405/05/game-20140505-060800-74f0c9ca.html

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
Re: Puzzle cube win
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:55:17 am »

I have never seen it. The thing is, it shouldn't be too hard to pull off, but late age Echoes is going to end in a matter of few turns, and aligning all the card rows takes just too long. The one thing I like a lot better with base only is that there can be real, transpiration-inducing tugs-of-war in ages 8-10 which can last quite a bit.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 10:46:47 am »

The thing is, it shouldn't be too hard to pull off, but late age Echoes is going to end in a matter of few turns, and aligning all the card rows takes just too long.

Unless, of course, you never splay...  :)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:53:46 am »

The thing is, it shouldn't be too hard to pull off, but late age Echoes is going to end in a matter of few turns, and aligning all the card rows takes just too long.

Unless, of course, you never splay...  :)
But, like, it's echoes.

qdread

• Thief
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 02:46:12 pm »

I have never seen it. The thing is, it shouldn't be too hard to pull off, but late age Echoes is going to end in a matter of few turns, and aligning all the card rows takes just too long. The one thing I like a lot better with base only is that there can be real, transpiration-inducing tugs-of-war in ages 8-10 which can last quite a bit.

Yeah I agree - I had a fun one with base-only the other day that lasted 4 or 5 rounds and ended with Bioengineering melded out of nowhere when I had a 17-0 leaf lead  ;D

The puzzle cube win is super cool, I'd never seen it either! I have little experience with the late-age Echo cards since the game rarely gets there. I guess I should play with an extra achievement required.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 03:01:50 pm »

Yeah I agree - I had a fun one with base-only the other day that lasted 4 or 5 rounds and ended with Bioengineering melded out of nowhere when I had a 17-0 leaf lead  ;D

The puzzle cube win is super cool, I'd never seen it either! I have little experience with the late-age Echo cards since the game rarely gets there. I guess I should play with an extra achievement required.
Yeah, with base-only, you might even get a shot at winning by using a Dogma Action on A.I.. I don't think it gets anymore satisfying than winning with A.I.'s dogma.

Overall, base-only is really intense at the later ages if you actually get there.

Hydralisk

• Swindler
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 05:50:06 am »

I'm twice as happy to got that win after reading all the comments here  ;D
Overall, special wins are more satisfying then "draw 11 with measurement". Even more so - hard to achieve wins (as A.I. is, not as Globalization or Empricism that are pretty fair). I am collecting such wins, already have Kim Yu-Na, Pele and Roddenberry  ::) And now this

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 06:41:24 am »

I'm twice as happy to got that win after reading all the comments here  ;D
Overall, special wins are more satisfying then "draw 11 with measurement". Even more so - hard to achieve wins (as A.I. is, not as Globalization or Empricism that are pretty fair). I am collecting such wins, already have Kim Yu-Na, Pele and Roddenberry  ::) And now this
I was playing a game with all the expansions the other day. I had never played with cities, and so had NO IDEA what I was doing. With the help of some figures, I ended up winning with Social Networking. Clearly, some higher power was at work there.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 07:20:49 am »

My nicest loss was drawing Software with H.G. Wells, which drew and melded Robotics (uh oh) and A.I. The chances of that are a million to one, he said (ok more like 720 to 1).
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.