Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Hanabi III (Game Over - 21 points!)  (Read 11396 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Hanabi III
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2014, 03:19:23 am »

Jimmm A, B, and D are white

This confused me a bit. I concluded that at least one of A and D (I think) had to be a W4 since there was only 1 W2 left and I had them both narrowed down to either 2 or 4, and they may have both been W4s. Is this what you wanted me to conclude?

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
Re: Hanabi III (Game Over - 21 points!)
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2014, 03:23:57 am »

Some feedback for you ghostofmars, I would suggest that on the first player's first turn they don't tell someone else about a single 1, in case they have 2 or 3 1s they can't see. It just so happened that your three 1s didn't coincide with my 1, but it would have been a pain if they did.
Hmmm, I think that would work. At least if there is something else to tell (which was in our case).
In 2 player it often wouldn't, also you want to get cards out faster there.

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2014, 03:30:35 am »

This confused me a bit. I concluded that at least one of A and D (I think) had to be a W4 since there was only 1 W2 left and I had them both narrowed down to either 2 or 4, and they may have both been W4s. Is this what you wanted me to conclude?
Honestly, I was surprised that you played the card. You had B4, W4, W1, and W2 in your hand. So I couldn't uniquely identify the W4 card. I feared that you would play B4(newest) if I had told you the 4s so I chose the whites instead.

So I wanted to tell you don't discard this card now.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:32:38 am by ghostofmars »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2014, 03:56:11 am »

Some feedback for you ghostofmars, I would suggest that on the first player's first turn they don't tell someone else about a single 1, in case they have 2 or 3 1s they can't see. It just so happened that your three 1s didn't coincide with my 1, but it would have been a pain if they did.
Hmmm, I think that would work. At least if there is something else to tell (which was in our case).
In 2 player it often wouldn't, also you want to get cards out faster there.

I almost never play 2 player, so I'm not too sure about that, but in general I think it's a solid rule of thumb.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2014, 04:04:49 am »

Honestly, I was surprised that you played the card. You had B4, W4, W1, and W2 in your hand. So I couldn't uniquely identify the W4 card. I feared that you would play B4(newest) if I had told you the 4s so I chose the whites instead.

So I wanted to tell you don't discard this card now.

I went back and checked to see if there was a time I would have been told about a W2 if I had it, but I had told Teproc about his W2 straight after the W1 was played. I figured getting a strike wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, and if I misplayed a W2, at least I'd know for sure the other one was a W4.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2014, 05:10:04 am »

Yeah 21 isn't great.

As far as the red 4 goes : I think I decided to discard it because the cards I had for a long time looked important : they were not 1s, not 2s and not 4s or something to that effect. So I discarded that one because I thought it was the least likely to be important... obviously that was wrong.

I was very puzzled when you discarded the... white five I think, ghost ? You had a token and a useulf info to give to Jimmmm at that point, do you remember why you discarded ?

@Jimmmm : Hmm, I hesistated between telling him about the 1s or the red (I ended up doing both since he drew more red later), I didn't catch that there were so few yellow cards left.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2014, 11:08:55 am »

I was very puzzled when you discarded the... white five I think, ghost ? You had a token and a useulf info to give to Jimmmm at that point, do you remember why you discarded?
From my perspective both Jimmm and you had playable cards in your hand W4 and G4, respectively. Both of you had these cards since the beginning of the game so that it was likely that you would discard it. As I had only 1 hint to give I feared that the one I didn't tell a hint would discard a playable card. So I discarded my oldest card so that Jimmm could give you a hint and both of these cards were saved, unfortunately at the cost of the W5.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2014, 10:32:49 am »

Is anyone else interested in playing again? Twisted, I can mod if you want to play.

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2014, 12:48:28 pm »

I would play again

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2014, 03:54:10 pm »

I'd play if there's room

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2014, 07:20:49 pm »

I don't think I'm too interested in playing
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 19 queries.