Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156996 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #1000 on: May 31, 2014, 04:39:33 pm »

axxle, what would you think about lynching s_p?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 31, 2014, 05:08:44 pm »

If we hadn't already had so many claims, ADK would be near the top of my lynch choices today. The almost total lack of suspicion and pressure that he has enjoyed--in addition to his passing under everyone's radar is pretty scummy. The way he defended himself by attempting to pass off suspicion on lurkers and generically-scummy-people is quite suspect.

Rereading some, he pushed ww pretty hard early on for his "joke" vote on Robz. Hmm, and then he does a 180 on Axxle with only about 2 sentences of explanation.

Generally what I see him doing in this game is asking a lot of questions but not really committing or making cases against other people. I think asking questions is a generally safe behavior that makes it seem like you're participating--while also making it hard for people to find you scummy. It's assumed that scum knows more about the setup anyway, so asking questions can also be a way to avert suspicion or at least avoid the "do you know something that we don't?" comments.

I think these are all good points, actually.  I've been thinking along these lines as well.  I think a lot of ADK's posts have been giving bits of helpful information about setup and roles and such, and not actually saying anything controversial or that would put attention on him.

I personally think BA's is the most believable of all the claims.  Axxle I can go either way with.  SP too.  My lynch preference of those that have claimed would be:

Ichi, Axxle, SP, BA.

It's also worth noting that Ichi, Axxle, and BA are essentially Vanilla in terms of role.  I mean BA (if he's telling the truth) can stump himself and still talk, but that's it.  Axxle's power is gone (which also could explain why he's disinterested, regardless of alignment), and Ichi's does nothing since there are no other Lovers.  (I'm assuming all "Lover" parties are informed, so if he had a Lover, said Lover would have spoken up.)

SP is the only of those that has an ability that could be useful.

I'm also a little unsure why Nik is completely off the table because Volt says so.  Nik has been nothing to indicate his towniness except do things that don't make sense, and that point is only convincing to Volt.   I'm still far from convinced of Volt's towniness here, but I've lost my gusto for it.  And besides, Volt is an active and good player, so it's not worth taking the risk right now.

EgorK is completely null.. Archetype is completely null.  It would be nice if they both posted like they've been promising too. 

Xerxes is usual confusing Xerxes.  I had a strong town read Day 1.  I don't know what to make of him Day 2.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 31, 2014, 05:35:25 pm »

And I've lost all of my scum!WW read, because posts like that are thoughtful and helpful and pro-town. So that's fine. There are too many plausible lynches today anyway.

Lynch a claim, lynch Axxle.
Lynch an unclaimed, lynch ADK.

There, I've decided. Let's do it.

Note that I'm still voting Axxle.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 31, 2014, 05:35:36 pm »

axxle, what would you think about lynching s_p?
I'd rather get lynched. Even if sp is mafia he can find the other factions
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 31, 2014, 05:46:35 pm »

And I've lost all of my scum!WW read, because posts like that are thoughtful and helpful and pro-town. So that's fine. There are too many plausible lynches today anyway.

Lynch a claim, lynch Axxle.
Lynch an unclaimed, lynch ADK.

There, I've decided. Let's do it.

Note that I'm still voting Axxle.

Vote: ADK

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 31, 2014, 07:35:23 pm »

Alright, some reads. Rereading D1 is sort of a blur because there are just so, so many people so most of these reads pertain to mostly D2.

Town -> Scum:
Voltaire: He's not-Mafia, so 1/4 not scum as everyone else. He's very active and I think its likely that scum would fall into the background in a game like this.
XerxesPraelor: Pretty classic XerxesPraelor. It's a weird sort of scummy, but I've learned that's just how Town!Xerxes plays.

Witherweaver: I'm getting a towny vibe here. He sort of defended me when Ichimaru got all flustered, which is sort of scummy.
A Drowned Kernel: Same sort of thing as WW. Just a plain Towny vibe...but the dude needs to post more!

Axxle: Him are scott are kind of weird since they're 50/50 scum. I'm leaning Town here, but I find Axxle generally hard to read.
scott_pilgrim: Not much of anything from him. Not getting a terribly scummy vibe from his posts, but if we were lynching one of Axxle/scott_pilgrim, scott would be my pick
Ichimaru Gin: Got really flustered about my vote on him, and then later said it was no big deal...reads sort of like he's scum trying to play it cool with the Town. There was something else from D1, but I forgot.

EgorK: Him, Nik, and BA are all grouped together because of their lurking. Nothing really here, so nothing that scummy. Null, tbh, but has a good chance at flipping scum.
Nik: That "Vote: Archetype for WIFOMing" has still been unexplained. Most of his posts seem to be just votes. If he were scum, I don't think he'd be on a team. Likely a solo Alien or SK.
Beyond Awesome: I could see this guy being on a scum team. Reminds me of how yuma/Robz coached Ichi in...DW (?). His claim is sort of suspicious with the stumped jotheonah.

I'll vote: BA
. I really don't want to run up someone else to L-1, unvote when they claim, and no lynch. I totally agree with what ADK says:

I also don't know why people are treating these weak-ass claims like they're "get-out-of-lynch-free" cards. BA's is totally unverifiable, Ichi's, Axxle, and S_P's are all available for scum, and if part of the point of claiming is to avoid lynching a powerful town role, besides S_P then we've essentially got three named VTs. Scum is going to lie when asked to claim, and all the claims we've had look to me like the things scum would come up with.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 31, 2014, 07:58:31 pm »

Quick post. My neighborhood electricty is down. Library closes in two minutes. I should be active again tonight or tomorrow when electricty comes back.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 31, 2014, 08:08:52 pm »

Quick post. My neighborhood electricty is down. Library closes in two minutes. I should be active again tonight or tomorrow when electricty comes back.
Unvote

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 31, 2014, 08:12:39 pm »

Unvote
So he won't have access for a few hours or so. This is enough to warrant an unvote?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 31, 2014, 08:21:26 pm »

I'm also a little unsure why Nik is completely off the table because Volt says so.  Nik has been nothing to indicate his towniness except do things that don't make sense, and that point is only convincing to Volt.   I'm still far from convinced of Volt's towniness here, but I've lost my gusto for it.  And besides, Volt is an active and good player, so it's not worth taking the risk right now

This, except that I don't think that's it's not worth the risk. I would be behind a Nik lynch.

I'm also not sure why people are no longer considering Ichi. The more I think about it, the more a Lover claim seems completely suspicious. If he is a scum lover (or even has a scum lover on his team), then he would know ahead of time that the claim was completely safe. We also know that one of the scum teams where lover is possible (aliens) is in the game.

Vote: Ichimaru

As for the case against me, I'm not sure what I can say against an argument based around how people are reacting to me rather than anything I've actually posted.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 31, 2014, 08:28:28 pm »

I'm also a little unsure why Nik is completely off the table because Volt says so.  Nik has been nothing to indicate his towniness except do things that don't make sense, and that point is only convincing to Volt.   I'm still far from convinced of Volt's towniness here, but I've lost my gusto for it.  And besides, Volt is an active and good player, so it's not worth taking the risk right now

This, except that I don't think that's it's not worth the risk. I would be behind a Nik lynch.

I'm also not sure why people are no longer considering Ichi. The more I think about it, the more a Lover claim seems completely suspicious. If he is a scum lover (or even has a scum lover on his team), then he would know ahead of time that the claim was completely safe. We also know that one of the scum teams where lover is possible (aliens) is in the game.

Vote: Ichimaru

As for the case against me, I'm not sure what I can say against an argument based around how people are reacting to me rather than anything I've actually posted.
You are correct that the possibility of a scum lover is dangerous. Your argument is WIFOM though and more out of self-interest than reads I think. There is obviously no way for you to know my alignment 100%. Really you are voting me because you think my claim is "convenient" or whatever. Or basically, (if you are town, which I doubt) you are fearful that I am a scum-lover.

Everyone. Can we please lynch ADK now? He's been trying to paint me scummy for a long time while garnering almost no suspicion. Other people have made claims, but he chooses to vote for me over others for poor reasons.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 31, 2014, 08:30:01 pm »

Also. I'm heading out to see Maleficent and X-men. I'll be back in approx. 6 hours or so.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 31, 2014, 08:30:53 pm »

My point is, I found you scummy before you claimed, and I don't think anyone else who did should let your claim dissuade them.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 31, 2014, 08:53:17 pm »

Unvote
So he won't have access for a few hours or so. This is enough to warrant an unvote?
Yes.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 31, 2014, 09:25:48 pm »

Unvote
Yes.
Phone posting

Could you please elaborate on this? It's not like we're lynching BA right now while he's gone and doesn't have a chance to defend himself. So what about that post made you unvote?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 31, 2014, 09:27:41 pm »

My point is, I found you scummy before you claimed, and I don't think anyone else who did should let your claim dissuade them.
So basically you'd already decided that I was scum, or you were going to tunnel me regardless of my claim or seemingly anything else that I do.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 31, 2014, 09:32:05 pm »

vote: ADK

seems more likely than axxle at this point

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 31, 2014, 09:42:41 pm »

I've said my peace. Let's see if we can do this.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 31, 2014, 09:46:57 pm »

Unvote
Yes.
Phone posting

Could you please elaborate on this? It's not like we're lynching BA right now while he's gone and doesn't have a chance to defend himself. So what about that post made you unvote?
I'll revote once he's had a chance to defend himself.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 31, 2014, 09:48:02 pm »

So basically you'd already decided that I was scum, or you were going to tunnel me regardless of my claim or seemingly anything else that I do.
I found you scummy, and I don't think that your particular claim mitigates that read.

How so? What exactly have I done that's scummier than what axxle's been doing today, which is pretty much nothing?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: June 01, 2014, 12:42:21 am »

Unvote
Yes.
Phone posting

I'll revote once he's had a chance to defend himself.

I'm back. Power's up again. If you want to vote for me, that's fine. I'm not going to defend myself beyond what I have already in earlier posts.

With that said, I feel ADK's posts sound scummier and scummier.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 01, 2014, 12:43:32 am »

That's L-2, I believe.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 01, 2014, 01:57:14 am »

Alright,

Vote: BA

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 01, 2014, 03:18:54 am »

Okay, I guess a random vote isn't a good idea. I agree about ADK, so vote: ADK

Is the case on me just that I haven't had anyone suspicious of me yet? That's seems like a pretty weak argument when there are such heavy lurkers and scummy behavior from people like Ichi.

I also don't know why people are treating these weak-ass claims like they're "get-out-of-lynch-free" cards. BA's is totally unverifiable, Ichi's, Axxle, and S_P's are all available for scum, and if part of the point of claiming is to avoid lynching a powerful town role, besides S_P then we've essentially got three named VTs. Scum is going to lie when asked to claim, and all the claims we've had look to me like the things scum would come up with.
I think we should ask BA to stump himself tomorrow or the day after if he hasn't died by then. At worst, we'll get an IC who can't vote. I bet people other than me also are fine lynching Axxle through his claim, too, so no, the claims are not get-out-of-jail free cards.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 01, 2014, 09:47:53 am »

How so? What exactly have I done that's scummier than what axxle's been doing today, which is pretty much nothing?

More likelier, as in, I think the odds are higher we can lynch you than axxle
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.