Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156892 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #975 on: May 30, 2014, 10:16:09 pm »

Can we lynch XP first? His random vote today was pretty bad.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 30, 2014, 10:24:11 pm »

One thing to note is that in D1 everyone was discussing how Axxle likes to play scum. Maybe Axxle is not invested in this game because, well, he isn't scum. I don't know. Anyway, I'm still not convinced with an Axxle lynch. I also didn't feel good with an Robz lynch for what it's worth.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 30, 2014, 10:25:34 pm »

One thing to note is that in D1 everyone was discussing how Axxle likes to play scum. Maybe Axxle is not invested in this game because, well, he isn't scum. I don't know. Anyway, I'm still not convinced with an Axxle lynch. I also didn't feel good with an Robz lynch for what it's worth.
And like a billion townies died. That means there are a lot of scumteams. That means that scumtells are really really hard to find since everyones scumhunting and everyones trying to not die and everyones blah blah blah.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 30, 2014, 10:30:00 pm »

And like a billion townies died. That means there are a lot of scumteams. That means that scumtells are really really hard to find since everyones scumhunting and everyones trying to not die and everyones blah blah blah.

How would you know if there are scum teams are not? I figure in this setup it is very possible that there are only one-ofs of different factions.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 30, 2014, 10:37:24 pm »

How would you know if there are scum teams are not? I figure in this setup it is very possible that there are only one-ofs of different factions.
what is the point of this question?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 30, 2014, 10:39:18 pm »

Well, you are saying there are scum teams. I mean, it could just be conjecture on your part, or you could know something that we don't know because you are on a team yourself.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 30, 2014, 10:42:02 pm »

On another note, where has Nik been? On Day 1, he had a sizable lynch going against him. I don't think we have heard much from him on D2.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 30, 2014, 10:47:22 pm »

Anyway, I am going to give my current reads.

I think Ichi is very, very likely town for reasons that SP has already stated. I was suspicious of XP earlier, but I am starting to warm up to the idea of him also being town. I think his behavior is more town-like. I'm not sure about SP, but I don't want to lynch him today anyway. Axxle is becoming slightly suspicious to me, but I also don't want to lynch him today. Maybe D3.

Where has Nik gone? He had a sizable D1 lynch. He hasn't chimed in much. I know Archetype hasn't had a chance to read over everything yet. I think he could very well be scum, but I think we should give him a chance to chime in more. ADK has seemed a bit scummy to me. I don't know why. Just a vibe. Although, at times, he also seemed a bit townie, but I guess if you're scum that's the point. I would be okay with lynching him. I know EgorK said he is busy. So, it is hard to get a read on him. WW, I don't know what to think of him. One second, I think he is town, another scum.

Anyway, Nik and ADK would be my top two to lynch with WW in third.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 30, 2014, 10:49:18 pm »

Oh, and I forgot Volt. I am not sure what to think of him.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 30, 2014, 10:57:36 pm »

I think BA's claim makes him townier, because 1. it is verifiable (although to verify it we basically have to put him into a situation where we say stump yourself or we lynch you, which we wouldn't want to do unless he was our preferred lynch option anyway), 2. I think scum would prefer a non-unique fakeclaim, and 3. a newbie claim somehow seems more believable to me, I think because it just seems like he would have claimed something safer (maybe I'm just reiterating 1 and 2 now...)

1. If Nik's claim is verifiable without removing him from the game, it's not verifiable.
2. There's 139 roles. Scum's likely to take a chance since a non-unique on is going to look scummy.
3. It seems like a safe claim to me, precisely because it's unverifiable.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 30, 2014, 11:26:50 pm »

Well, you are saying there are scum teams. I mean, it could just be conjecture on your part, or you could know something that we don't know because you are on a team yourself.
What do you think is more likely. I would bother typing out "multiple scum persons who may or may not be on the same team because I don't know because I'm town of course and no town can every shorten their thoughts into a concise sentence or make any mental shortcuts of any kind" or...

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 30, 2014, 11:52:49 pm »

I think BA's claim makes him townier, because 1. it is verifiable (although to verify it we basically have to put him into a situation where we say stump yourself or we lynch you, which we wouldn't want to do unless he was our preferred lynch option anyway), 2. I think scum would prefer a non-unique fakeclaim, and 3. a newbie claim somehow seems more believable to me, I think because it just seems like he would have claimed something safer (maybe I'm just reiterating 1 and 2 now...)

1. If Nik's claim is verifiable without removing him from the game, it's not verifiable.
2. There's 139 roles. Scum's likely to take a chance since a non-unique on is going to look scummy.
3. It seems like a safe claim to me, precisely because it's unverifiable.
You mean BA (just in case anyone else is confused)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 31, 2014, 12:14:12 am »

I think Ichi is very, very likely town for reasons that SP has already stated.

I don't think IG is necessarily town, I just think he is definitely a lover (and that there are no other lovers in the game, if there were they would have counterclaimed by now).  I think there is the possibility that IG is a mafia lover or alien lover, so I don't think his claim is indicative of alignment.  I think I actually lean scum on him right now.

Another possibility I just thought of: IG could be scum partners with a lover who knows (and has informed him) that there are no other lovers.  Not sure exactly why that would have been the fakeclaim for him and not his scum partner (who actually is the lover), even less sure why we would care if that were the case.  Just putting that thought out there.

I know Archetype hasn't had a chance to read over everything yet. I think he could very well be scum, but I think we should give him a chance to chime in more.

Yeah, I mean it's frustrating because this is how I feel too, on the one hand it doesn't seem fair to lynch someone who joined the game late and hasn't caught up yet, but OTOH the deadline is coming up and it doesn't seem right to just give him a pass.  If we wanted to start a wagon on him we would have to do it soon, like, probably before he has finished catching up.

I have been thinking more about Axxle and I hate being wrong, but yeah, this isn't how he plays as scum.  I guess he felt different to me and I want to associate different with scum, but considering that I mostly associate Axxle with scum (he was scum in Adventure Time and Philosophers which is like, 90% of what I can remember of playing mafia with him), if anything different should mean town.

Does anyone else feel like ADK has this magical power of never getting any attention?  I feel like he says stuff that's non-controversial, but not non-controversial enough that people point out that he only says non-controversial stuff, and then disappears, and no one ever talks about him; obviously this is what scum wants.  He might be a good lynch candidate today, planning to focus on him when I finish my re-read Sunday.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 31, 2014, 12:48:35 am »

I think Ichi is very, very likely town for reasons that SP has already stated.

I don't think IG is necessarily town, I just think he is definitely a lover (and that there are no other lovers in the game, if there were they would have counterclaimed by now).  I think there is the possibility that IG is a mafia lover or alien lover, so I don't think his claim is indicative of alignment.  I think I actually lean scum on him right now.

Another possibility I just thought of: IG could be scum partners with a lover who knows (and has informed him) that there are no other lovers.  Not sure exactly why that would have been the fakeclaim for him and not his scum partner (who actually is the lover), even less sure why we would care if that were the case.  Just putting that thought out there.
Though why would I need another lover to inform me that there weren't any others? Because all lovers would share the same pool or qt or whatever.
It's an interesting conjecture, but at the same time, it's a way of mildly painting me as scum--albeit in a bizarre way. I agree that BA thinks people are "surely" town perhaps a little quickly, but I think that's how a lot of new players are.
For the most part, I have a town read on you. I thought the D1 case on you was pretty weak. Although your surviving the night is slightly suspicious. It's weird though because it seems like scum wants to hit scum, yet with all of those nightkills they only ended up hitting town. I've never been in a game with multiple factions before, but it seems like it might be even easier for scum to hide, because they are actually legitimately searching for scum (just not members of their own faction). So they'll be doing things that look more townie just in the process of hunting out their rival scumteams.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 31, 2014, 01:06:40 am »

Ah. And I missed the part where BA was referencing your reads on me, so what you said makes more sense now.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: May 31, 2014, 09:45:33 am »

I think we're being killed by lurkers here. They have their votes on non-viable candidates (not a sin if they post a lot to try to make them viable, but they're not). Nik, Archetype, others: weigh in here.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 31, 2014, 12:25:53 pm »

It's the weekend, so I have some more time to spend here. I'm on about Day 2 for my reread.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 31, 2014, 02:30:37 pm »

Post Count 2.0
Pre-game posts not included

Witherweaver: 139

Ichimaru Gin: 130

Voltaire: 94

Axxle: 83

Beyond Awesome: 46

A Drowned Kernel: 44

XerxesPraelor: 44

Scott_Pilgrim: 27

Nik: 22

EgorK: 16

Archetype (+chairs): 14

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: May 31, 2014, 02:44:55 pm »

Okay, I guess a random vote isn't a good idea. I agree about ADK, so vote: ADK

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 31, 2014, 02:46:01 pm »

I still think BA is scummy, but the claim seems unlikely to be fake, and it's an only-town role, right?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 31, 2014, 03:41:31 pm »

Is the case on me just that I haven't had anyone suspicious of me yet? That's seems like a pretty weak argument when there are such heavy lurkers and scummy behavior from people like Ichi.

I also don't know why people are treating these weak-ass claims like they're "get-out-of-lynch-free" cards. BA's is totally unverifiable, Ichi's, Axxle, and S_P's are all available for scum, and if part of the point of claiming is to avoid lynching a powerful town role, besides S_P then we've essentially got three named VTs. Scum is going to lie when asked to claim, and all the claims we've had look to me like the things scum would come up with.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: May 31, 2014, 03:43:28 pm »

Is the case on me just that I haven't had anyone suspicious of me yet? That's seems like a pretty weak argument when there are such heavy lurkers and scummy behavior from people like Ichi.

This has always been a scummy statement in my eyes.

I'm looking at that post count and thinking, man, why did I abandon my old system? Because who did we want to lynch but all the active posters?

I hesitate to wagon ADK, because he'd be another claim and I still feel good about axxle. Not as good, but good.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 31, 2014, 04:15:10 pm »

If we hadn't already had so many claims, ADK would be near the top of my lynch choices today. The almost total lack of suspicion and pressure that he has enjoyed--in addition to his passing under everyone's radar is pretty scummy. The way he defended himself by attempting to pass off suspicion on lurkers and generically-scummy-people is quite suspect.

Rereading some, he pushed ww pretty hard early on for his "joke" vote on Robz. Hmm, and then he does a 180 on Axxle with only about 2 sentences of explanation.

Generally what I see him doing in this game is asking a lot of questions but not really committing or making cases against other people. I think asking questions is a generally safe behavior that makes it seem like you're participating--while also making it hard for people to find you scummy. It's assumed that scum knows more about the setup anyway, so asking questions can also be a way to avert suspicion or at least avoid the "do you know something that we don't?" comments.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 31, 2014, 04:33:39 pm »

Lynch ADK anyway? Lynch through whatever claim he makes? Lynch axxle instead?

Remind me who you want to lynch other than ADK, IG.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 31, 2014, 04:36:58 pm »

Lynch ADK anyway? Lynch through whatever claim he makes? Lynch axxle instead?

Remind me who you want to lynch other than ADK, IG.
I would be ok lynching Axxle, Nik (Yes I know), ww, and probably EgorK.
The death of all those town PR's and the number of claims we have means that it'd be best to lynch someone whose already claimed (as you pointed out). So that'd probably be Axxle; I'm not sure about S_P. In making the post count, I was surprised at how many posts Axxle had.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.