Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156903 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #800 on: May 27, 2014, 02:22:43 pm »

Didn't SP claim cop?

Watcher, actually.

vote: Nik

Worst choice.

I'm starting to get really suspicious of this. I don't see what you find so towny about Nik, and you're going way, way out of your way to defend him.

He did this heavily in HoC.  He was right.

I'm getting a little suspicious that Volt is trying really hard to emulate town!Volt, especially since Nik, Ichi, myself, and you were all in HoC with him.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 27, 2014, 02:23:54 pm »

He also did the same kind of "hooray we're in a good spot to find scum" sentiment on the opening of Day 2 in that game.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 27, 2014, 02:35:38 pm »

I haven't had time to do the re-read necessary. What you're getting are my easy, off-the-top-of-my-head impressions. I always say I won't post until a full re-read, post anyway, and get misunderstood.

I will probably need some sort of night-action result to not find Nik town, really. I have a very good track record on reading new players, only being wrong once (grievously wrong, of course), I forget which game and what player.

As far as I understand it, the case on me is 1. "acting" town 2. Robz's misguided dying breath. Is there more I don't understand?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 27, 2014, 03:15:02 pm »

I'm looking at how heavily you've been defending Nik. Either you're partners or you're scum hoping to get town cred for defending someone that you think is likely to flip town.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 27, 2014, 03:34:22 pm »

Bad news is I'm still catching up.

Good news is I should finally have my apartment back and be able to read instead of snatch snippets in between cases at work when I get home.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 27, 2014, 03:50:15 pm »

Well, I am going back and rereading everything. I am still not done, but who really stands out to me is Xerxes. His voting and reasoning seems erratic, to me at least.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 27, 2014, 04:30:15 pm »

Good news is I should finally have my apartment back and be able to read instead of snatch snippets in between cases at work when I get home.
Whoa. Didn't Archetype replace you?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 27, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »

I'm looking at how heavily you've been defending Nik. Either you're partners or you're scum hoping to get town cred for defending someone that you think is likely to flip town.

I have a strong town read, someone voted strong town read, I'm going to point that out.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 27, 2014, 05:00:50 pm »

Well, I am going back and rereading everything. I am still not done, but who really stands out to me is Xerxes. His voting and reasoning seems erratic, to me at least.

Looking back, EgorK doesn't seem to post much. Between him and Xerxes, that is where my vote lies. I feel better going after EgorK because he has been practically invisible this whole game and that makes him suspicious in my eyes.

Vote: EgorK

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 27, 2014, 05:11:54 pm »

Hey everyone, back and caught up. I won't have time to dig into the game until tonight though. I think we're actually in a good position to lynch scum today even if we're in a bad position overall!

Vote: Voltaire

Sorry I'm not buying this.  It's just reads like you trying to play like your meta.  Because next thing to happen is someone points out that it's silly to be optimistic with such a terrible night, and then someone (me) comes in and says, eh, this was the same way town!Volt acted before.  Or Nik once again votes for you and once again you get a stronger town read on him, and we say "just like before", and it's all just too convenient. 

Combine this with your heavy townread on Nik after the first thing he does being like HoC, it all just feels way too forced.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: May 27, 2014, 05:23:16 pm »

WW, I don't really know what to say if you're voting me for "acting" like town!Volt. I mean, really.  :-\ I have played other games on these forums - is HoC the only one we've had together? There's more to it than that.

I'm not denying 4 NKs is insane, btw, but by losing four townies our correct lynch % odds are through the roof. I actually don't mind losing people nearly as much as I used to.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 27, 2014, 05:53:39 pm »

Archetype did. He just posted mistakenly.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 27, 2014, 05:59:12 pm »

Can you update the OP to reflect this?

I'm officially off VLA now, I'll read through tonight.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 27, 2014, 06:28:17 pm »

Can you update the OP to reflect this?

I'm officially off VLA now, I'll read through tonight.
Done
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 27, 2014, 10:09:46 pm »

Vote Count 2.3

Ichimaru Gin (2): Archetype, A Drowned Kernal

Archetype (1): Nik

Nik (1): XerxesPraelor

EgorK (1): Beyond Awesome

Voltaire (1): Witherweaver

Not Voting (5): EgorK, Axxle  scott_pilgrim, Voltaire, Ichimaru Gin

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 2 ends on Monday June 2 at 9:30 PM FT. Please note: mail-mi will be going to Spain around the 4th or 5th. AndrewisFTTW will be the official mod from then until about June 15th or 16th.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 28, 2014, 03:00:03 am »

Sorry, Chairs!

Ichimaru, my original vote on you was more of me not having much to go off on, seeing something semi-scummy, and then voting to see how they'd react. You got unnecessarily up in arms about it,  which I think is a scum trait. So I'm comfortable leaving my vote on you.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 28, 2014, 03:02:16 am »

Sorry, Chairs!

Ichimaru, my original vote on you was more of me not having much to go off on, seeing something semi-scummy, and then voting to see how they'd react. You got unnecessarily up in arms about it,  which I think is a scum trait. So I'm comfortable leaving my vote on you.
K. I'm cool with that. I'm used to votes on me for that reason--so probably need to change something in my meta though, cause I don't think overreactive town!Ichimaru is working.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 28, 2014, 05:34:05 am »

I'm Kind of distracted by a certain ongoing game, but when that's done I'll start posting more, I promise.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 28, 2014, 06:54:29 am »

Vote: egork for lurking.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 28, 2014, 11:33:49 am »

Sorry, Chairs!

K. I'm cool with that. I'm used to votes on me for that reason--so probably need to change something in my meta though, cause I don't think overreactive town!Ichimaru is working.

You'd agree you've been overreactive?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 28, 2014, 03:36:50 pm »

I don't like a lurker lynch here. And I think a Voltaire lynch is not great, since he's been investigated twice. On pure statistics he's half as likely as anyone else to be scum.

If I could vote anymore, I think I'd be voting IG.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 28, 2014, 03:41:43 pm »

vote: gin
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 28, 2014, 03:49:43 pm »

Sorry, Chairs!

You'd agree you've been overreactive?
Yeah. Is that scummy to admit the truth? I mean I'd hope that everyone would see that this is how I normally am as town. (Just look at HoC--and in an ongoing game I was in).
Seriously. I am a really bad lynch for today. Once again, people are voting me just based on my defensiveness and reactions, not anything else.

Doing a bit of a reread. I find it scummy that Axxle survived the night--and the same for S_P. In addition, with 4 dead town PR's, it is almost certain that one of S_P or Axxle is scum. Furthermore, taking a look at some of the points that ADK and ww have made on you are pretty convincing. Ever since HoC, I've been afraid that you and Nik would be scum together. With the way things are, I'm thinking that possibility is more likely.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 28, 2014, 03:52:22 pm »

vote: Axxle
For sheeping and likely being a mafia governor.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 28, 2014, 03:56:06 pm »

How would it be scummy that Axxle survives the night?  If he's town, he's vanilla.  Scum knows he was a primary lynch target, and everyone knows he's 50-50 scum in a vacuum.  Why kill him?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.