Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156950 times)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #750 on: May 24, 2014, 06:04:24 pm »

mail-mi just PM'd me saying he had made a mistake; jotheonah targeted Voltaire last night.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 24, 2014, 06:10:43 pm »

unvote

I don't know that a "nobody" result on Voltaire (or a "joth" result) clears Voltaire, though. It just lets us know that no one bothered targeting him, which might make it more likely that he's scum (scum aren't going to be targeting their partners). Also, since we have confirmed aliens, we should remember that one of the possible alien abilities reverses all cop results, so that's a thing.

unvote

I agree. Hmm. That's a good thing to know. So it's possible that joth's cop results were reversed? How does that work?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 24, 2014, 06:16:16 pm »

I was wondering if Axxle has the ability to stop a lynch from happening, why wasn't he targeted. Or, is the ability just one shot?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 24, 2014, 06:20:04 pm »

I am also curious as to why SP wasn't targeted.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 24, 2014, 06:20:53 pm »

I was wondering if Axxle has the ability to stop a lynch from happening, why wasn't he targeted. Or, is the ability just one shot?

It's 1-shot.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 24, 2014, 06:22:45 pm »

unvote

I don't know that a "nobody" result on Voltaire (or a "joth" result) clears Voltaire, though. It just lets us know that no one bothered targeting him, which might make it more likely that he's scum (scum aren't going to be targeting their partners). Also, since we have confirmed aliens, we should remember that one of the possible alien abilities reverses all cop results, so that's a thing.

unvote

I agree. Hmm. That's a good thing to know. So it's possible that joth's cop results were reversed? How does that work?

I guess it's this:

Alien Psychotrooper (While alive, all cops with 'guilty/not guilty' format results are Insane)

Insane means the results are opposite.  So Voltaire is not mafia, unless there is an Alien Psychotrooper, in which case Voltaire is Mafia.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 24, 2014, 08:03:26 pm »

Hey everyone. I've been sort of following.

Quick theory thing: Should VTs claim their card name? If they do, they are basically a names Townie. My vote is yes.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 24, 2014, 08:08:32 pm »

Quick theory thing: Should VTs claim their card name? If they do, they are basically a names Townie. My vote is yes.

Hey hey, welcome. Um. I'm cool with this. I don't feel like there can be that many town PR's left (or members of town, for that matter), so it doesn't seem like it can hurt much.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 2!)
« Reply #758 on: May 24, 2014, 10:34:35 pm »

I'd vote against VT claiming, few town PR's means we need to keep them hidden as possible.

I'd also say that SP actually having the correct result doesn't totally exonerate him either, there's still the possibility that he's the mafia watcher.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 24, 2014, 11:29:39 pm »

Hey hey, welcome. Um. I'm cool with this. I don't feel like there can be that many town PR's left (or members of town, for that matter), so it doesn't seem like it can hurt much.
Vote: Ichimaru Gin

That "or members of Town, for that matter" read so, so scummy.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 25, 2014, 12:05:10 am »

Vote: Ichimaru Gin

That "or members of Town, for that matter" read so, so scummy.
Hmm. I find that you are jumping to conclusions. This is only basis for your vote on me at this point in the game?
Go ahead. It's a poor reason though.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 25, 2014, 12:08:21 am »

Seriously, how is that diction construed as scummy? What other way am I supposed to refer to town!players?
"My fellow members of town"?
It's not good to insert self-references as you being town all the time, because that just looks scummy.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 25, 2014, 12:15:21 am »

Seriously, how is that diction construed as scummy? What other way am I supposed to refer to town!players?
It's not good to insert self-references as you being town all the time, because that just looks scummy.

That's interestingTM that you would say that.

I might be the only town person left here.

Yes, we lost a lot of town members--but I'm still alive

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 25, 2014, 12:19:18 am »

Heh. Find me scummy for it all you want. But I was following Xerxes lead there. My point still stands that Archetype's critique of my word choice and finding it scummy doesn't really make sense.
I've only been in 2 serious games as town, and died N1 in one of them. So I am still observing people I believe to be town.
Personally, I find you to be playing much differently than the town ww that I am used to.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 25, 2014, 12:34:09 am »

One thing I feel is that we have to be careful who we lynch this day. If we don't hit scum, chances are we stand no shot at winning this. With 4 NKs a night, that seems brutal.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 25, 2014, 12:35:14 am »

Scott, why'd you target Voltaire?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 25, 2014, 12:39:00 am »

One thing I feel is that we have to be careful who we lynch this day. If we don't hit scum, chances are we stand no shot at winning this. With 4 NKs a night, that seems brutal.
That's a very good observation. If we're lucky (and the odds are much better now), scum will hit scum more--and I guess that's what they want too. I've never been in a multiple-faction game before, but it makes sense.

Town reads on: XP, Beyond Awesome, ADK
Null: Axxle, S_P, Archetype
Possible Scum: ww, EgorK (where is he?), Nik

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 25, 2014, 12:44:19 am »

Scott, why'd you target Voltaire?

I didn't have a lot of time to think about it.  I thought scum would think town would think Voltaire was towny (mostly because I had thought he was towny), so I thought he was likely to be NK'd.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 25, 2014, 01:03:15 am »

That's a very good observation. If we're lucky (and the odds are much better now), scum will hit scum more--and I guess that's what they want too. I've never been in a multiple-faction game before, but it makes sense.

Town reads on: XP, Beyond Awesome, ADK
Null: Axxle, S_P, Archetype
Possible Scum: ww, EgorK (where is he?), Nik
And I somehow missed Voltaire on my reads list. I'd put him under possible scum.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 25, 2014, 03:58:04 am »

Yeah, sorry. I am reading and all that but I need time to reread day 1 given flips

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 25, 2014, 06:36:50 am »

I was just about to entertain the idea of a no kill, but I think it'd be easier for the entire town (ie players in the game) to find scum rather than trust the individual factions to find each other accurately and try to kill them.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 25, 2014, 11:53:34 am »

Heh. Find me scummy for it all you want. But I was following Xerxes lead there. My point still stands that Archetype's critique of my word choice and finding it scummy doesn't really make sense.
I've only been in 2 serious games as town, and died N1 in one of them. So I am still observing people I believe to be town.
Personally, I find you to be playing much differently than the town ww that I am used to.
Deflecting suspicion - classic scumtell.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 25, 2014, 11:57:18 am »

mail-mi just PM'd me saying he had made a mistake; jotheonah targeted Voltaire last night.
This, combined with the thread lock, makes it certain that Scotty is a Watcher. Since there are two Watchers, there is a literal 50/50 chance that he is scum. Rereading him now.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 25, 2014, 12:01:17 pm »

Deflecting suspicion - classic scumtell.
You can't refute what I've said with one sentence. You are describing and categorizing what I am saying rather than responding to it and actually engaging in discussion. This does not further anything.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 25, 2014, 02:50:48 pm »

Vote: Archetype for WIFOMing.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.