Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 157101 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #725 on: May 24, 2014, 01:24:33 pm »

Yes; it's just that ICs can't help very much except for giving honest reads. More importantly, can he use his cop power still and report the results? That would be really useful, I think.

Im pretty sure I can't cop anymore. So I have exactly one result. It's a "not mafia" result. Do people want to hear it?

I can't think of a reason not to.  So yes.

I think we should be careful; given that the Greater Idea deck has opportunities to investigate other scum factions, and it looks like we -have- other scum factions, "not mafia" may not be the same as "not scum".  I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that we need to be wary of treating anyone who's "not mafia" as an IC.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 24, 2014, 01:28:39 pm »

Yes; it's just that ICs can't help very much except for giving honest reads. More importantly, can he use his cop power still and report the results? That would be really useful, I think.

Im pretty sure I can't cop anymore. So I have exactly one result. It's a "not mafia" result. Do people want to hear it?

I think we should be careful; given that the Greater Idea deck has opportunities to investigate other scum factions, and it looks like we -have- other scum factions, "not mafia" may not be the same as "not scum".  I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that we need to be wary of treating anyone who's "not mafia" as an IC.

Right, we can't assume his target is town, but I can't think of a reason for him not to list the result. 

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 24, 2014, 01:33:37 pm »

Wait. So a "not mafia" result would include members from other factions like werewolves, aliens, etc?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 24, 2014, 01:34:14 pm »

Are we guaranteed that all the "Mafia" roles in the deck are the same faction of Mafia?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 24, 2014, 01:34:56 pm »

Wait. So a "not mafia" result would include members from other factions like werewolves, aliens, etc?

Yeah.. I'm pretty sure SK, Survivor are in that etc.  Anything that is not Mafia.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 24, 2014, 01:41:52 pm »

It was pretty awesome to log in for deadline and see that derphammer, I've got to say.

That's effectively four nightkills, and treestumping means we have an alien faction. They might have used their one kill last night though. Do you have anything useful for us, Joth?

Only treestumping ability is:

Alien Bloodsucker (Treestump someone at night. No Alien may perform the factional nightkill on the same night that you do this)

So it's true there is an Alien faction, and they still have one night kill.  So 3 kills beyond Alien.  It does seem possible to have more than one SK.  But based on number of roles on the list, Mafia, Werewolf, Sk/Vig is probably the most likely. 

This all makes the chance that Scott Pilgrim and Axxle are the Town versions of their roles less likely.  Much less likely I think.  (Assuming SP was telling the truth about having a Watcher role.)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 24, 2014, 03:27:15 pm »

This all makes the chance that Scott Pilgrim and Axxle are the Town versions of their roles less likely.  Much less likely I think.  (Assuming SP was telling the truth about having a Watcher role.)

How so?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 24, 2014, 03:55:05 pm »

How so?

Because there are less possible town spots.  If it was x/16 chance they were town (unconditional), it's now (x-4)/16 (conditional only on knowing 4 confirmed town).

Well that part is still true whether SP told truth or not. 

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 24, 2014, 04:25:15 pm »

That is the most manipulative statistics I've seen in a long time. All it means is that *anyone* is more likely to be scum now.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 24, 2014, 04:25:59 pm »

Scott, claim your results as soon as you post.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: May 24, 2014, 04:27:38 pm »

I watched Voltaire, and got no result.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 24, 2014, 04:29:00 pm »

I watched Voltaire, and got no result.

Uh, sorry got "nobody", not sure if that's the same thing

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 24, 2014, 04:37:59 pm »

That is the most manipulative statistics I've seen in a long time. All it means is that *anyone* is more likely to be scum now.

Well yeah, but I think 50/50 was already a greater chance than the uninformed probability of being scum.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 24, 2014, 05:07:48 pm »

Ok, I also investigated Voltaire. This seems pretty close to clearing him.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 24, 2014, 05:18:32 pm »

Ok, I also investigated Voltaire. This seems pretty close to clearing him.
Except S_P could be (and perhaps likely) is lying. With that many nightkills happening, I find it difficult that at least one person or scum faction wouldn't have picked S_P as a nightkill. Especially with a role that powerful, which has the potential to out other town PR's and members of any/all scum factions.
So it's actually really confusing to me--regardless of alignment--that S_P is still alive.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 24, 2014, 05:23:05 pm »

Doesn't Watcher get the result of who target the person? S_P should have gotten Joth as his result if Joth investigated Voltaire.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 24, 2014, 05:27:25 pm »

And if he had been blocked he would have gotten "no result" not "nobody".

Vote: Scott
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 24, 2014, 05:29:40 pm »

Doesn't Watcher get the result of who target the person? S_P should have gotten Joth as his result if Joth investigated Voltaire.
And if he had been blocked he would have gotten "no result" not "nobody".

Vote: Scott
Excellent points ADK.

vote: Scott
I had a hard time seeing the wagon on him D1, and I still think it was pretty flimsy at that point. However, this reads like a total slip revealing either that he's scum and lying, or has fakeclaimed.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 24, 2014, 05:32:07 pm »

Yes.

vote: scott

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 24, 2014, 05:37:17 pm »

Thread Locked
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 24, 2014, 05:40:15 pm »

There were some mod mistakes made last night. They are in the process of being fixed.

In the meantime, Thread Unlocked
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 24, 2014, 05:42:36 pm »

Mmm. So Scott may be innocent on that account.

Town read on ADK; from his behavior D1 and now, I feel pretty sure that he's town.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 24, 2014, 05:45:46 pm »

unvote

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 24, 2014, 05:46:58 pm »

Vote Count 2.1

scott_pilgrim (2): A Drowned Kernel, Ichimaru Gin

Not Voting (9): EgorK, XerxesPraelor, Beyond Awesome, Axxle, Nik, WW, scott_pilgrim, Voltaire, Archetype

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 2 ends on Monday June 2 at 9:30 PM FT. Please note: I will be going to Spain around the 4th or 5th. AndrewisFTTW will be the official mod from then until about June 15th or 16th.

Archetype has replaced chairs. 

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 24, 2014, 05:51:05 pm »

unvote

I don't know that a "nobody" result on Voltaire (or a "joth" result) clears Voltaire, though. It just lets us know that no one bothered targeting him, which might make it more likely that he's scum (scum aren't going to be targeting their partners). Also, since we have confirmed aliens, we should remember that one of the possible alien abilities reverses all cop results, so that's a thing.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 20 queries.