Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156948 times)

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #700 on: May 21, 2014, 07:44:04 pm »

Vote count?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 21, 2014, 07:51:25 pm »

Thread Locked
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 21, 2014, 07:52:46 pm »

Vote Count 1.FINAL

Robz888 (9): chairs, Teproc, Voltaire, xeiron, SP, joth, Nik, WW, TA
Nik (6): Axxle, Beyond Awesome, IG, XP, Robz, EgorK
scott_pilgrim (1): A Drowned Kernal

Not Voting (0):

With 16 alive it took 9 to lynch.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 21, 2014, 07:56:02 pm »

Flavor Later (maybe)

Robz888 has been lynched. He was a Tunneler, a Hider.

Night 1 start!

Night 1 will end at 8 PM FT on Fri, May 23.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:18:18 pm by mail-mi »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 23, 2014, 08:07:03 pm »

Night action deadline has passed. I'm a bit busy at the moment, so I'll open the thread and process night actions later.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: May 23, 2014, 09:23:26 pm »

It was a bloody night.

Everyone returned from their rooms to the table, expecting to see one, maybe two dead. They walked in to the pleasant sight of Twistedarcher dead on the table, blood covering the cards. Voltaire took a seat, and as he sat his legs kicked the body of xeiron under the table. Teproc hung from the chandelier. And jotheonah sat with his card in had, his eyes lifeless and unseeing.

XerxesPraelor sighed. "That was a terrible, terrible night." They all took a seat, one card still held in hand, and saw the four cards of the dead strewn about in the strangest places. A few were soaked in blood, but still readable. And then chairs screamed as he heard a gasp coming from behind him.

jotheonah blinked.

Twistedarcher has been killed. He was an Adventurer, a Tracker.

xeiron has been killed. He was a Spy, a Cop.

Teproc has been killed. He was a Pillager, a 1-shot Dayvig

jotheonah has been Treestumped. He was a Spy, a Cop.

DAY 2 START
THREAD UNLOCKED!

Treestumped players are, for all intents and purposes, dead. However, they may still post in-thread.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:58:31 pm by mail-mi »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 23, 2014, 09:28:12 pm »

Vote Count 2.0

Not Voting (11): A Drowned Kernel, EgorK, XerxesPraelor, Ichimaru Gin, Beyond Awesome, Axxle, Nik, WW, scott_pilgrim, Voltaire, chairs

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 2 ends on Monday June 2 at 9:30 PM FT. Please note: I will be going to Spain around the 4th or 5th. AndrewisFTTW will be the official mod until about June 15th or 16th.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 23, 2014, 09:35:07 pm »

It was pretty awesome to log in for deadline and see that derphammer, I've got to say.

That's effectively four nightkills, and treestumping means we have an alien faction. They might have used their one kill last night though. Do you have anything useful for us, Joth?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 23, 2014, 09:37:57 pm »

Any of them Watched? 

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 23, 2014, 09:53:50 pm »

Uh. That is a ton of nightkills.

Ok. I read up on treestumping earlier, but that's something that is unique to a particular faction?

So joth's vote no longer counts, but he can still give us information?

Mmm. I was expecting to die tonight; glad that I didn't. I wonder what it says that S_P is still alive? Also, I think Robz's flip does make Voltaire more scummy. I've been in past games where it's been town vs. town when someone dies and finds a person pushing their lynch scummy. But Voltaire doesn't feel the same to me as he has in other games (I've seen him as town).

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 23, 2014, 09:55:15 pm »

*I've only seen Voltaire playing town. I've never played with him as scum before.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 23, 2014, 09:56:02 pm »

YEs, in fact! I guess since I'm dead anyway there's no reason not to report my night action results.

Here's a cached version of the mafiascum entry; it's not really clear: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XbE3hCrwzkoJ:wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php%3Ftitle%3DTree_Stump+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I'm a cop. (the other spy). I got a town result. Shall I say who it is, or is it better not to put a target on their head? I can just sit here and chime in if we're about to lynch the person in question.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 23, 2014, 09:56:59 pm »

oh, actually all I know is that this person is not mafia. I don't actually know that they're town. So less helpful.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 23, 2014, 09:58:47 pm »

YEs, in fact! I guess since I'm dead anyway there's no reason not to report my night action results.

Here's a cached version of the mafiascum entry; it's not really clear: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XbE3hCrwzkoJ:wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php%3Ftitle%3DTree_Stump+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I'm a cop. (the other spy). I got a town result. Shall I say who it is, or is it better not to put a target on their head? I can just sit here and chime in if we're about to lynch the person in question.
Thanks

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 24, 2014, 12:34:57 am »

Sheesh, that's a lot of dead people.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 24, 2014, 05:10:38 am »

That was a terrible, terrible night. I might be the only town person left here. Note that everyone killed was on robz's lynch. That seems rather strange to me: surely something like that wouldn't happen by pure coincedence.

Also, I think that there's probably 1 mafia, 1 werwolf, 1 Alien, and 1 something else, or else this couldn't be ruled balanced at all.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 24, 2014, 09:46:05 am »

That was a terrible, terrible night. I might be the only town person left here. Note that everyone killed was on robz's lynch. That seems rather strange to me: surely something like that wouldn't happen by pure coincedence.

Also, I think that there's probably 1 mafia, 1 werwolf, 1 Alien, and 1 something else, or else this couldn't be ruled balanced at all.

Vig maybe?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 24, 2014, 01:02:56 pm »

That doesn't strike me as a very townie thing to say. Yes, we lost a lot of town members--but I'm still alive (and you may be town as well), and I feel that a balanced game would have to have a fair amount of town--especially with so many nightkills possible. I agree with your theory about 1 person from each faction though.
Your observation about everyone killed being on the Robz lynch is quite intriguing as well. With that number of kills, the coincidence does become a little harder to ignore too. I'm not sure what it might mean though.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 24, 2014, 01:05:02 pm »

Also, joth is basically an immortal IC now, right? Even with no vote, I feel like he could still be pretty useful.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 24, 2014, 01:07:56 pm »

Yes; it's just that ICs can't help very much except for giving honest reads. More importantly, can he use his cop power still and report the results? That would be really useful, I think.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: May 24, 2014, 01:13:21 pm »

That doesn't strike me as a very townie thing to say. Yes, we lost a lot of town members--but I'm still alive (and you may be town as well), and I feel that a balanced game would have to have a fair amount of town--especially with so many nightkills possible. I agree with your theory about 1 person from each faction though.
Your observation about everyone killed being on the Robz lynch is quite intriguing as well. With that number of kills, the coincidence does become a little harder to ignore too. I'm not sure what it might mean though.
Yeah, I guess you're right. It just feels pretty bad to find so many people killed/treestumped.

I'm going to give tentative towny points to nik, though, even though it's a pretty small factor. I'm guessing the scum factions were trying to hit other scum, and somehow all had bad reads. It might be useful to look at day1 to see who had scum reads on those people.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 24, 2014, 01:14:54 pm »

One benefit of lots of people dying is that it's easier to form reads and to base reads on something (the flips)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 24, 2014, 01:16:33 pm »

Yes; it's just that ICs can't help very much except for giving honest reads. More importantly, can he use his cop power still and report the results? That would be really useful, I think.

Im pretty sure I can't cop anymore. So I have exactly one result. It's a "not mafia" result. Do people want to hear it?

He/him

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 24, 2014, 01:18:41 pm »

Im pretty sure I can't cop anymore. So I have exactly one result. It's a "not mafia" result. Do people want to hear it?
I don't know if it may be more dangerous to be "not scum" at this point. What does everyone else think?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 24, 2014, 01:18:53 pm »

I can't think of a reason not to.  So yes.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.