Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156861 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #600 on: May 21, 2014, 02:17:50 pm »

Go fast!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 21, 2014, 02:31:17 pm »

Shoot, uh, vote: Nik, but I'm still catching up.  Obviously voting for survival, but I also do think he comes off as pretty scummy from what I've read so far.

Is the case on me just that I haven't posted much?  I swear I'll have more time to post after this week!  I hate being in this situation and now kind of regret having singed up for this game...I feel like town is losing a free PR and it's my fault for being in a game when I didn't have time to participate...

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 21, 2014, 02:32:09 pm »

Shoot, uh, vote: Nik, but I'm still catching up.  Obviously voting for survival, but I also do think he comes off as pretty scummy from what I've read so far.

Is the case on me just that I haven't posted much?  I swear I'll have more time to post after this week!  I hate being in this situation and now kind of regret having singed up for this game...I feel like town is losing a free PR and it's my fault for being in a game when I didn't have time to participate...

I chose Watchtower, the town Watcher.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 21, 2014, 02:35:37 pm »

Oh right, I was already voting for Nik.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 21, 2014, 02:37:53 pm »

Let's not lynch sp! Seriously, I prefer Nik over him at this point.

vote: Nik

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 21, 2014, 02:38:15 pm »

What do we do about this ? Watcher is pretty good, and any fakeclaim is somewhat risky here... also I don't think that's the role scum would most want to out (it's good, but it's no Cop).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 21, 2014, 02:42:55 pm »

I agree; let's lynch nik instead. vote:nik

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 21, 2014, 02:43:54 pm »

Unvote
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 21, 2014, 02:44:11 pm »

Well we only have.. 8 hours for an alternative.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 21, 2014, 02:45:00 pm »

I don't really want to vote Nik. I hate lynching newbies on Day 1.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 21, 2014, 02:46:22 pm »

I don't really want to vote Nik. I hate lynching newbies on Day 1.

He's not entirely a newbie, he has one completed game already.

That being said I agree. Lynching you is marginally better (but really I'm more interested in lynching one of the X-Men).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 21, 2014, 02:49:57 pm »

NO NIK LYNCH

OK, lynch Robz, lynch Joth? If we're lynchign x's, yes to xp but no to xeiron. Are there others?

Teproc, scum will always fakeclaim in this setup, true card claiming outs them as scum

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 21, 2014, 02:50:39 pm »

I would strongly caution against going after a totally new person at this point in the day! We already outed a good PR. We don't want to accidentally out another one, or accidentally lynch one who doesn't have time to claim or doesn't check in.

I think vote: Nik is a lot better.

Did the mafia get fakeclaims in this game? Pretty rough on them if they didn't, since we have a complete list of cards which correspond to role and alignment.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 21, 2014, 02:51:44 pm »

Why Joth?  Or either of the X's?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 21, 2014, 02:55:01 pm »

I would strongly caution against going after a totally new person at this point in the day! We already outed a good PR. We don't want to accidentally out another one, or accidentally lynch one who doesn't have time to claim or doesn't check in.

Did the mafia get fakeclaims in this game? Pretty rough on them if they didn't, since we have a complete list of cards which correspond to role and alignment.

In this situation, if we get another person to claim, then we lynch one of the claims, no matter what. That's my policy for d1 to not out anything.

I have no reason to think scum got fake claims, how coudl they? It's why I originally thought massclaim would make us win at the start of the day. I wasn't expecting we'd get a full list of cards/roles.

vote: Robz

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: May 21, 2014, 02:55:10 pm »

NO NIK LYNCH

OK, lynch Robz, lynch Joth? If we're lynchign x's, yes to xp but no to xeiron. Are there others?

Teproc, scum will always fakeclaim in this setup, true card claiming outs them as scum

Yes, my point was that they wouldn't fakeclaim Watcher.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 21, 2014, 02:55:29 pm »

Why the mafia?  Do we even know there's a mafia?   

I keep losing the role list.

Mail-Mi: Can you link the spreadsheet on the setup posts?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 21, 2014, 02:58:18 pm »

What do we do about this ? Watcher is pretty good, and any fakeclaim is somewhat risky here... also I don't think that's the role scum would most want to out (it's good, but it's no Cop).
Verifiable and arguably the strongest role in mafia. I say he should live.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 21, 2014, 03:02:02 pm »

In this situation, if we get another person to claim, then we lynch one of the claims, no matter what. That's my policy for d1 to not out anything.

I have no reason to think scum got fake claims, how coudl they? It's why I originally thought massclaim would make us win at the start of the day. I wasn't expecting we'd get a full list of cards/roles.

What do you mean, how could they? After all the cards had been drafted, mail-mi could have picked some town roles that were neither distributed nor discarded and given them to the scum players as fake claims. If not, scum's in a pretty rough situation in a mass claim scenario, shooting blindly for roles that happened to not be given out.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 21, 2014, 03:07:42 pm »

Well, Nik is pretty much null for me now.  On the one hand, his behavior really looks scummy: first he just jumps on every wagon that comes up, then after people pointed it out I think he voted for a lurker who didn't have any votes (I think it was chairs?) as if he was deliberately making sure he was doing some non-wagon votes too.  But, it's not dissimilar from how he played in HoC, where he was town, and there's this sense of "he's being way too obvious to be scum".  But at the same time, I think it would be easy for him to replicate the way he played in HoC if he were scum.  So in the end I can see any alignment being plausible.

Of course I prefer a null read lynch to a me lynch, there might be better alternatives though.  Like I think Robz might be better, but I don't think he has enough votes, and I would prefer to definitely lynch someone today, and I'm not going to be online again before the deadline (I'll be on for maybe 10-20 more minutes now).

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 21, 2014, 03:08:05 pm »

What makes you think Nik is less likely than anyone else to be a PR ?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 21, 2014, 03:08:28 pm »

What do you mean, how could they? After all the cards had been drafted, mail-mi could have picked some town roles that were neither distributed nor discarded and given them to the scum players as fake claims. If not, scum's in a pretty rough situation in a mass claim scenario, shooting blindly for roles that happened to not be given out.

There is about 80 town roles to choose from. ~70 of them is not taken. Thats pretty good chances to get a successful fakeclaim. And if scum really was afraid of being counterclaimed, they could claim a card there is more than one copy of. I think scum does great without mod-given fakeclaims.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 21, 2014, 03:08:43 pm »

Vote: robz

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 21, 2014, 03:10:42 pm »

Wait a minute. There are 139 roles in this game.

Which is more likely? We happened to randomly pick "the strongest role in mafia" as our lurker lynch? or we picked an anti-town player and he claimed the role that would keep him alive?

Even without a mod-supplied fakeclaim, with 122 roles to choose from* and only 15 possible counterclaims, he had an 87.7 percent chance of going uncounterclaimed. Even in the other case, he outs a powerful role for his team.

Why are we all buying this? vote: scott

*139-16 discards-his own actual role

He/him

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 21, 2014, 03:12:04 pm »

Because that would also be giving scum information (hey! These roles aren't in the game!)

Or maybe that's balanced? I dunno, I'm still confused how the duplicate cards work in that spreadhseet anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.