Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156924 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #525 on: May 20, 2014, 06:56:18 pm »

I don't like any of the current wagons. I'd actually prefer no lynch at this point.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 20, 2014, 06:58:40 pm »

I don't like any of the current wagons. I'd actually prefer no lynch at this point.

Mm. I'm with you at this point, although I didn't consider a no-lynch. This game is pretty huge and maybe things we'll be easier once we've got a smaller player pool and some nightkills/investigations/actions whatever, to work with.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 20, 2014, 07:09:17 pm »

How is no lynch a good idea? If we are facing multiple scum factions then town could lose the majority very quickly, even a lurker lynch gives us some information and interaction.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 20, 2014, 07:10:14 pm »

How is no lynch a good idea? If we are facing multiple scum factions then town could lose the majority very quickly, even a lurker lynch gives us some information and interaction.

No lynch is not a good idea in and of itself, but I like no lynch better than any of the current lynch candidates.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 20, 2014, 07:12:23 pm »

Is anyone interested in a XP lynch ? I have no real case (I will take the time to reread tomorrow, promise), but I have a scum read on him and it feels like no one's ever mentioned him in this game.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 20, 2014, 07:20:18 pm »

Except scott is the only person remotely close to being lynched. Do you think there's a chance of someone different happening today?
I will vote for scott if we are super near the deadline and need a lynch, but he's not really my first choice.
If we're lynching a lurker, I think I'd prefer chairs.
Not Chairs! Remember, he said he had Internet problems. I think Scott_Pilgrim and BA would be better canidatates.
Ok Nik. I'm not going to ask you to claim your card just yet but can you reveal your alignment?
Town.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 20, 2014, 07:20:36 pm »

Also, vote: Chairs.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 20, 2014, 07:24:29 pm »

No lynch is not a good idea in and of itself, but I like no lynch better than any of the current lynch candidates.
Why?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 20, 2014, 07:24:48 pm »

Except scott is the only person remotely close to being lynched. Do you think there's a chance of someone different happening today?
I will vote for scott if we are super near the deadline and need a lynch, but he's not really my first choice.
If we're lynching a lurker, I think I'd prefer chairs.
Not Chairs! Remember, he said he had Internet problems. I think Scott_Pilgrim and BA would be better canidatates.
Ok Nik. I'm not going to ask you to claim your card just yet but can you reveal your alignment?
Town.
Shoot!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 20, 2014, 07:33:08 pm »

Why?

I think all these people are town. Nik is playing the exact same way he played as town in HoC. Robz is completely uninvolved which is generally a sign of town!Robz, S_P had a townie reaction to the TA wagon (even though I disagreed)... who else is there again ? Ichimaru I think, who is by far my strongest town read in this game.

I guess I would actually take a Robz lynch over no lynch because he's inactive for RL reasons more than in-game reasons.

vote : Robz

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 20, 2014, 07:40:14 pm »

I am getting a scummy vibe from Teproc that's making me want to lynch Scott

Vote: Scott

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 20, 2014, 07:48:56 pm »

Ok. Is this because Teproc doesn't want to lynch Scott, you want to lynch him?

I'm going to vote: Robz for now. He has pretty much disappeared, and he lurked early one in my first game when I was his scumpartner. Although he has RL reasons for doing so this time?

I'd prefer pretty much anyone over SP. I feel like there's just nothing there to warrant the votes he has. And has anyone checked the VLA thread, he said that he would have spotty internet, but it seems like everyone just chooses to ignore this.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 20, 2014, 07:50:45 pm »

I get the reasoning, but this is basically like picking scum teams on day 1. If you think I'm scum, you should start by lynching me.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 20, 2014, 07:55:04 pm »

I get the reasoning, but this is basically like picking scum teams on day 1. If you think I'm scum, you should start by lynching me.

except he has 7 votes now and you have 0 and deadline is tomorrow.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 20, 2014, 08:26:28 pm »

Okay, I am going to vote for Nik. I don't think the evidence is compelling enough for Scott or RobZ. I made a list of people I felt might be scum and Nik is on that list and already has two votes against him, so that is why I am voting for him rather than someone with 0 votes.

Vote: Nik

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: May 20, 2014, 08:35:22 pm »

Okay, I am going to vote for Nik. I don't think the evidence is compelling enough for Scott or RobZ. I made a list of people I felt might be scum and Nik is on that list and already has two votes against him, so that is why I am voting for him rather than someone with 0 votes.

So even if you thought someone was scummy, if they had 0 votes on them, you wouldn't vote?
Who are the other people on your list?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 20, 2014, 08:40:46 pm »

So even if you thought someone was scummy, if they had 0 votes on them, you wouldn't vote?
Who are the other people on your list?

WW, Joth, and Volt are a bit suspicious to me. I think TA and Ichi are town. I am having a hard time getting a reading on anybody though.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 20, 2014, 08:42:36 pm »

To be honest, I am more suspicious of people than not. I also find ADK and Xeiron to be a bit suspicious to me as well.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 20, 2014, 09:02:43 pm »

It feels like we skipped Random Voting Stage and have moved to Random Lynching Stage.  I think Volt is town, I think Xerxes is town.  Less certain on Teproc and TA and Xeiron, but leaning there.  I think Ichi is a good choice but I've never seen scum Ichi.  I'd be okay with Nik, I'm at best null on him and would be strong scum if I weren't tempered by my previous experience with him.

I actually believe Axxle kept Governor more than I believe he kept Nobles.  I don't know why.  If it wasn't for that I would think he's scumforsure™.

I wouldn't oppose anyone except Volt and Xerxes, I think.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 20, 2014, 09:08:50 pm »

Teproc, why do you think Ichi is so town?  He doesn't feel like the town Ichi I've seen before.

Also, why is Nik voting for Chairs?  Wasn't he the one that made the comment about Chairs being away and not a good choice?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 20, 2014, 09:16:38 pm »

I had a scummy read on Teproc earlier today, decided I must have been wrong, and then I catch up on the thread and he's still scummy.

Would lynch him if Scott doesn't happen.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 20, 2014, 10:06:43 pm »

Vote Count 1.10

Robz888 (3): chairs, Teproc, Ichimaru Gin

Nik (4): scott_pilgrim, EgorK, Axxle, Beyond Awesome

scott_pilgrim (6): Voltaire, Robz888, A Drowned Kernal, XerxesPraelor, xeiron, Twistedarcher

Ichimaru Gin (2): Witherweaver, jotheonah

chairs (1): Nik

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
Day 1 ends on Wed. May 21 at 11 PM FT.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 20, 2014, 10:09:55 pm »

He doesn't feel like the town Ichi I've seen before?
Could you explain this in a little more detail?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 20, 2014, 10:14:27 pm »

I've never played with iGin before in a nonbastard game, his motivation here seems incredibly town though. (minus the overreaction to his wagon)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 20, 2014, 10:42:10 pm »

He doesn't feel like the town Ichi I've seen before?
Could you explain this in a little more detail?

It seems like you've been posting a lot, but without as much content as I'm used to.  Like you feel like you have to come up with something to post. 

And I pointed out multiple things earlier, and you only responded to one of them and it wasn't even what I was saying, and it seemed to distract from the others.  Probably the biggest was the "I'm acting like town!" statement.  I know when I've been scum and anyone votes for me, my first reaction is "but Im acting so townie!" because  very conscious of how hard i'm trying to act town.  I always think this and resist saying it.

It's hard to describe why you get an impression that you get.  The other games I was in with you it was like you were just trying to figure out who's who and what's what.  Here it feels like you're trying to seem like you are.

That's the best explanation I have.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.