Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156941 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #500 on: May 20, 2014, 05:04:55 pm »

Post counts are a fine and useful tool. They're an amazing starting point, incentive scum to trip themselves up, and are a wonderful proxy for alignment that I would wager is near-unbeaten for D1 success.

So. Who are you voting for, and why?

There are probably 5 or 6 people I would lynch. I am advocating for my top choice, but by no means my only choice.

I'm just surprised this is your top choice, given how light a suspicion it is.

I'm voting for Beyond Awesome, I thought his sheepy vote on Axxle was textbook newbie scum. I still have to do a reread which is hard because I'm in my finals week right now...

I get that my vote isn't very useful where it is, and the deadline is tomorrow right ? So I'll change it, but I doubt S_P is our best option here.

PPE : Even on day 1, this is a nothing case. There have been five or six stronger cases in this game already. You don't like lynching active people, that's fine, but still.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 20, 2014, 05:09:13 pm »

D1 cases are usually BAD! They're great on later days for interactions but horrible for choosing a lynch on D1. I wildly disagree that there are "5 or 6" stronger cases.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 20, 2014, 05:12:31 pm »

Post counts are a fine and useful tool. They're an amazing starting point, incentive scum to trip themselves up, and are a wonderful proxy for alignment that I would wager is near-unbeaten for D1 success.

So. Who are you voting for, and why?

There are probably 5 or 6 people I would lynch. I am advocating for my top choice, but by no means my only choice.

I'm just surprised this is your top choice, given how light a suspicion it is.

I'm voting for Beyond Awesome, I thought his sheepy vote on Axxle was textbook newbie scum. I still have to do a reread which is hard because I'm in my finals week right now...

I get that my vote isn't very useful where it is, and the deadline is tomorrow right ? So I'll change it, but I doubt S_P is our best option here.

PPE : Even on day 1, this is a nothing case. There have been five or six stronger cases in this game already. You don't like lynching active people, that's fine, but still.
Maybe, but I'd rather lynch him tomorrow because I don't want to scare brand new players away <.< >.> (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 20, 2014, 05:12:57 pm »

D1 cases are usually BAD! They're great on later days for interactions but horrible for choosing a lynch on D1. I wildly disagree that there are "5 or 6" stronger cases.

Hmm... so we should make cases on Day 1 but not actually follow through with them?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 20, 2014, 05:18:52 pm »

Hmm... so we should make cases on Day 1 but not actually follow through with them?

The traditional way of making cases (ie searching for contradictions, analyzing votes) on D1 is terrible. It has a proven track record of being terrible on D1. I advocate a different way of making cases on D1. I do not advocate what you said, and I have no idea why you would think that.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 20, 2014, 05:21:23 pm »

The traditional way of making cases (ie searching for contradictions, analyzing votes) on D1 is terrible. It has a proven track record of being terrible on D1. I advocate a different way of making cases on D1. I do not advocate what you said, and I have no idea why you would think that.

Well you said they're terrible for finding scum on day 1, yet they're very useful later on.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 20, 2014, 05:23:21 pm »

Volt, why do you want to still vote me when your original reason was demonstrably false?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 20, 2014, 05:23:44 pm »

Well you said they're terrible for finding scum on day 1, yet they're very useful later on.

Correct. Useful in that the same method is good D2 onwards, and anything that causes posting on D1 is good. Not best, but good.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 20, 2014, 05:24:05 pm »

Volt, why do you want to still vote me when your original reason was demonstrably false?

That you discarded Mountebank?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 20, 2014, 05:25:02 pm »

That I didn't keep an obviously scummy card.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: May 20, 2014, 05:29:18 pm »

That I didn't keep an obviously scummy card.

Argh. Right. I just really want to lynch you?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 20, 2014, 05:31:59 pm »

Acceptable answer.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 20, 2014, 05:51:20 pm »

Vote Count 1.9

Robz888 (2): chairs, Twistedarcher
Nik (2): scott_pilgrim, EgorK
Beyond Awesome (1): Teproc
scott_pilgrim (7): Voltaire, Robz888, A Drowned Kernal, Nik, XerxesPraelor, xeiron, Axxle
Ichimaru Gin (2): Witherweaver, jotheonah

Not Voting (2): Beyond Awesome, Ichimaru Gin

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
Day 1 ends on Wed. May 21 at 11 PM FT. That's in a bit more than 24 hours

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 20, 2014, 05:55:52 pm »

BA, IG, we need you guys to vote somewhere.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 20, 2014, 06:13:37 pm »

BA, IG, we need you guys to vote somewhere.
Oh whoa! I lost track of the deadline. My vote will be here shortly

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 20, 2014, 06:17:22 pm »

Except scott is the only person remotely close to being lynched. Do you think there's a chance of someone different happening today?
I will vote for scott if we are super near the deadline and need a lynch, but he's not really my first choice.
If we're lynching a lurker, I think I'd prefer chairs.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 20, 2014, 06:20:45 pm »

I'm willing to move back to Nik if you think that's a good vote. I'm only on sp because of the deadline.

chairs is VLA so I don't like him as a vote.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 20, 2014, 06:21:29 pm »

Vote: Nik

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 20, 2014, 06:21:59 pm »

I'm willing to move back to Nik if you think that's a good vote. I'm only on sp because of the deadline.

but isn't scott the same thing?

I am also willing to move to Nik.

PPE: 1

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 20, 2014, 06:38:54 pm »

Deadline is tomorrow night, not tonight, right?

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 20, 2014, 06:39:49 pm »

Except scott is the only person remotely close to being lynched. Do you think there's a chance of someone different happening today?
I will vote for scott if we are super near the deadline and need a lynch, but he's not really my first choice.
Not Chairs! Remember, he said he had Internet problems. I think Scott_Pilgrim and BA would be better canidatates.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 20, 2014, 06:40:31 pm »

Deadline is tomorrow night, not tonight, right?
Yeah. A bit more than 24 hours from now.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 20, 2014, 06:46:03 pm »

but isn't scott the same thing?

I am also willing to move to Nik.

PPE: 1
Kinda, but he's also had more time to react to his wagon.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 20, 2014, 06:47:10 pm »

Not Chairs! Remember, he said he had Internet problems. I think Scott_Pilgrim and BA would be better canidatates.
Ok Nik. I'm not going to ask you to claim your card just yet but can you reveal your alignment?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 20, 2014, 06:47:35 pm »

I think it was scott who was having problems with his internet (maybe chairs too). I just checked the VLA thread, and yeah sp posted about having internet problems.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.