Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156853 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #375 on: May 18, 2014, 04:58:16 pm »

Which game was that, Teproc?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 18, 2014, 04:58:55 pm »

I can't believe we are lynching Axxle? He's like the one person I actually have a town read on.
I have to agree with TA here. Why does beyond awesome want to lynch Axxle?

Well, lots of people are voting for him, and the case isn't bad.  I get a town read on Beyond Awesome from it.  I don't think first game scum is going to jump on a late wagon without pretending to have an explanation.

Complete agreement with this.

Huh.

PPE : Dynasty Warriors II
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 18, 2014, 05:57:36 pm »

Welcome to mafia, Beyond Awesome. This is your first game, right? FYI your vote puts Axxle at L-1, meaning he's one vote away from being lynched, which is a precarious position to be in because one vote on him will end the day. Because of that it's usually good form to announce when your vote puts someone at L-1.

Yes, this is my first game. How do I do announce that? Do I put in bold that Axxle is at L-1?

Just mentioning it in your post is fine. Also why are you voting for Axxle?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 18, 2014, 06:19:58 pm »

Xeiron, we have some guarantee of balance from mail-mi. So it might not be super balanced but its also not super unbalanced -- so probably like 4-7 scum is a good guess. High number is possible with lots of teams.

4-7 is a good guess based on statistics, but is not a need for balance. 2 scum could be hard enough if we are dealing with a cult. On the other extreme, 10 or more scum could also be balanced. If everyone had played with their discarded card, it would be 7 town against 9 scum.

We have some guarantee of balance, right. But with 8 possible factions, there cannot be a guarantee that the game is balanced for all of them. Town might be in a hopless situation right from the beginning as long as at least two other factions have good starting positions.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 18, 2014, 06:29:45 pm »

Hey guys, haven't caught up but.

I am at a wedding this weekend so I haven't been on much, and unfortuately I'm on a train with no wifi all day tomorrow. So you might not see much of me. When is deadline? Is my vote desperately needed somewhere? What's this case on Axxle all about?

Jonah

Deadline is wednesday. Still over three days left.

The case on Axxle is that he is someone likely to pick scum over town if given the choice. That is quite significant, since in this game, we actually did pick our own allignent.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 18, 2014, 06:36:11 pm »

Hey guys, haven't caught up but.

I am at a wedding this weekend so I haven't been on much, and unfortuately I'm on a train with no wifi all day tomorrow. So you might not see much of me. When is deadline? Is my vote desperately needed somewhere? What's this case on Axxle all about?

Jonah

Deadline is wednesday. Still over three days left.

The case on Axxle is that he is someone likely to pick scum over town if given the choice. That is quite significant, since in this game, we actually did pick our own allignent.

I appreciate this as well, since I didn't really understand the case against Axxle.

Except he discarded a Mountebank--which seems like it would be a scum role. It's always possible that he got cards that were both scum roles. But if I wanted to be scum and got a Mountebank, I think I'd keep it, because it seems like it would be a scum role (and it ended up being a scum role). So it seems like the case on Axxle is kind of thin if it's just based off that.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 18, 2014, 07:18:30 pm »

govern: Axxle

Your case is invalid.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 18, 2014, 07:23:19 pm »

There is the possibility for both Mafia and Town One-Shot Governor in this game. The cards are Nobles (mafia) and Governor (town).

I'm assuming none of these were discarded ? This does mean that Axxle can be counterclaimed here (not that we'd lynch him though, so maybe best to wait for tomorrow).

Not a fan of this, but I guess you'd probably govern here as town, can't take the risk to be hammered...
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 18, 2014, 07:24:18 pm »

I find it very strange that you picked either Nobles or Governor over Mountebank though. Didn't want to be scum after all ?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2014, 07:34:28 pm »

I find it very strange that you picked either Nobles or Governor over Mountebank though. Didn't want to be scum after all ?

Wait! What does govern mean?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 18, 2014, 08:30:27 pm »

I picked governor since I forgot that we're doing great idea and not a upick on the second go around. Governor sounded like some fun joat/inventor variant  :-[
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 18, 2014, 08:30:59 pm »

Vote Count 1.5

Robz888 (1): chairs
Twistedarcher (1): jotheonah
Nik (2): Axxle, scott_pilgrim
Ichimaru Gin (1): Twistedarcher

Not Voting (11): Robz888, Beyond Awesome, Teproc, Ichimaru Gin, Xeiron, Witherweaver, Voltaire, A Drowned Kernal, Nik, EgorK, XerxesPraelor

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
Day 1 ends on Wed. May 21 at 11 PM FT.

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 18, 2014, 08:31:23 pm »

I can cause someone not to be lynched for a day, I chose myself.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 18, 2014, 08:36:06 pm »

Is this for real real?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 18, 2014, 08:36:54 pm »

Well mail-mi changed the vote count accordingly. So I think so.

Is this for real real?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 18, 2014, 08:38:15 pm »

Is this for real real?

Messed that up.

I meant to say that mail-mi changed the vote count accordingly. So yeah.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 18, 2014, 09:03:25 pm »

I implore everyone to read the wiki entry on great idea mafia so you know the possible roles (except scum , please stay in ignorance)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 18, 2014, 10:02:41 pm »

So Axxle has a 50% chance of being scum now?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 18, 2014, 10:09:52 pm »

Yeah. I was going to ask. Is governor a town ability? Or can it also be for scum?
Wait. Nevermind. I took a look at the role list. Now I understand TA's comment.

Hmm. There are so many people playing this game, it's a little hard to keep track. I think Beyond Awesome's vote on Axxle was really scummy.
Teproc brought up my behavior in my first game--and it makes sense to me. I ended up surviving probably way longer than I should have as scum, because people thought that I wouldn't act as scummy as I did.

I'm gonna vote: Beyond Awesome
Also, he never answered or made any elaboration about why he voted for Axxle.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 18, 2014, 10:11:15 pm »

And wait. I'm pretty sure Teproc is voting for Beyond Awesome as well, but his vote somehow disappeared.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 18, 2014, 10:48:28 pm »

Vote Count 1.6

Robz888 (1): chairs
Twistedarcher (1): jotheonah
Nik (2): Axxle, scott_pilgrim
Ichimaru Gin (1): Twistedarcher
Beyond Awesome (2): Teproc, Ichimaru Gin

Not Voting (9): Robz888, Beyond Awesome, Xeiron, Witherweaver, Voltaire, A Drowned Kernal, Nik, EgorK, XerxesPraelor

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
Day 1 ends on Wed. May 21 at 11 PM FT.

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 18, 2014, 10:50:56 pm »

Bah. Umm...hmmm...will need to recalibrate.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 18, 2014, 11:19:21 pm »

Yeah. I was going to ask. Is governor a town ability? Or can it also be for scum?

Hmm. There are so many people playing this game, it's a little hard to keep track. I think Beyond Awesome's vote on Axxle was really scummy.
Teproc brought up my behavior in my first game--and it makes sense to me. I ended up surviving probably way longer than I should have as scum, because people thought that I wouldn't act as scummy as I did.

The reason I voted for Axxle was because a lot of people felt he was scum or at least stated as such, so I jumped on the bandwagon prematurely without fully realizing the ramifications of my actions. I see now that my vote could have made me look like scum because it looks like I might have been trying to eliminate a potential towns person. I'm starting to understand the game better where if you are scum you want to convince both scum and towns people to eliminate towns people. I did not fully grasp that concept at first.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 18, 2014, 11:22:40 pm »

The reason I voted for Axxle was because a lot of people felt he was scum or at least stated as such, so I jumped on the bandwagon prematurely without fully realizing the ramifications of my actions. I see now that my vote could have made me look like scum because it looks like I might have been trying to eliminate a potential towns person. I'm starting to understand the game better where if you are scum you want to convince both scum and towns people to eliminate towns people. I did not fully grasp that concept at first.

I think I buy this. It must have been tough to step into your first game after there had already been quite a bit of development too. I don't really see this post coming from scum.

unvote

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 18, 2014, 11:26:08 pm »

Back to Vote:Robz
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.