Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156922 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #300 on: May 16, 2014, 06:55:36 pm »

You can just vote for the new person, fyi. That's enough to switch your vote.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 16, 2014, 06:56:41 pm »

I'd be all for joining the Axxle wagon, but I think he's town here, so I'm not going to vote him.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 16, 2014, 07:14:03 pm »

Vote: Nik

I get a scummy "If I do what the rest of the town does they'll think I'm town!" vibe from him.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 16, 2014, 07:14:41 pm »

I'd be all for joining the Axxle wagon, but I think he's town here, so I'm not going to vote him.
You *should* join my wagon! As in the wagon that I just started on Nik.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 16, 2014, 07:23:18 pm »

I get a scummy "If I do what the rest of the town does they'll think I'm town!" vibe from him.
No, I do actaully think you're scum, for the reasons Xeiron described.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Night 0!)
« Reply #305 on: May 16, 2014, 07:51:20 pm »

No, I do actaully think you're scum, for the reasons Xeiron described.
I got that feeling with your Robz vote too.

(P.S. here's the link to the list of roles and the cards they correspond with: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13g_JHb8dAMRpSN9-ndteSvH2NE8w_4GmJV-Wr_jJLqQ/edit?usp=sharing)

@mod: can you add this to the OP?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 16, 2014, 08:03:17 pm »

Nik, can you get an avatar? It'll make it easier for people to associate posts with you. Suggestion:

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 16, 2014, 08:08:12 pm »

Hey hey! Axxle's original avatar is back!  ;D

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 16, 2014, 08:10:50 pm »

Could we get a vote count? Because I'm somewhat lost. This is a big game, and it seems like a fair number of people haven't even showed up yet.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 16, 2014, 08:31:20 pm »

Unofficial Vote Count 1.3a:

Robz888 (2): chairs, Twistedarcher

Jotheonah (1): XerxesPraelor

Twistedarcher (3): Teproc, jotheonah

Axxle (5): Xeiron, Witherweaver, Voltaire, A Drowned Kernal, Nik :(

Nik (1): Axxle

Not Voting (5): Robz888, Ichimaru Gin, scott_pilgrim, Beyond Awesome, EgorK

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 16, 2014, 09:04:49 pm »

Do you think that all/most of the other people voting for you are town?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 16, 2014, 09:17:36 pm »

Do you think that all/most of the other people voting for you are town?
I'd guess there are... 1.8 scum on my wagon.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 16, 2014, 09:19:02 pm »

(In a vacuum)

I'll have to reread to discern motivation of persons.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 16, 2014, 09:46:17 pm »

I agree with Axxle that it really looks like Nik is just hopping on the most popular wagons he sees, which is easy for scum to do.  I don't think I've played with Nik before, but I kinda followed along HoC and remember him doing things I wouldn't expect from town there, so maybe it's just his play style.  But even then, at best it's town playing in a way that doesn't benefit town, and at worst it's really scummy.

vote: Nik

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 16, 2014, 10:14:16 pm »

I agree with Axxle that it really looks like Nik is just hopping on the most popular wagons he sees, which is easy for scum to do.  I don't think I've played with Nik before, but I kinda followed along HoC and remember him doing things I wouldn't expect from town there, so maybe it's just his play style.  But even then, at best it's town playing in a way that doesn't benefit town, and at worst it's really scummy.

Mmm. I was in HoC and found Nik pretty scummy in that, and I ended up mislynching him against Voltaire's reads--something that kind of screwed town over. However, I haven't really seen Nik ever get much suspicion in the games I've played in with him (2, I think). I think he deserves a little pressure, if at least, to start acting a little more townie if he's town.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 16, 2014, 11:17:22 pm »

Mmm. I was in HoC and found Nik pretty scummy in that, and I ended up mislynching him against Voltaire's reads--something that kind of screwed town over. However, I haven't really seen Nik ever get much suspicion in the games I've played in with him (2, I think). I think he deserves a little pressure, if at least, to start acting a little more townie if he's town.

This says absolutely nothing about his play this game. Very little content or analysis.

vote:ichi

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 16, 2014, 11:47:03 pm »

This says absolutely nothing about his play this game. Very little content or analysis.

Hmm. Looks like OMGUS to me.
Anyway, I think I explained my vote on Nik fairly well. I believe he deserves some pressure. He's acting about the same in this game as he ever has (mildly scummy), and I think his wagon can give us some useful information. Why do you have a problem with this?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 16, 2014, 11:52:23 pm »

Seriously. This post just reads vindictive to me. Look, sorry if I offended you. I was just expressing my opinion about what you posted.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2014, 02:22:37 am »

Sorry, guys

Was tied up at work. Reading now

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2014, 02:56:53 am »

Don't worry ichi you didn't offend me at all. Very sorry if it came off that way!

I just think your post doesnt reference niks behavior this game at all, which I found scummy.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2014, 03:08:03 am »

Don't worry ichi you didn't offend me at all. Very sorry if it came off that way!

I just think your post doesnt reference niks behavior this game at all, which I found scummy.

Ok. Thanks. Yeah no hard feelings, I guess I misinterpreted the motivation behind what you said.

Yeah, my vote on him is mostly a meta-thing. So you were right in what you said, although I don't see why my behavior is scummy.
I've had a huge argument about motivation behind votes before, but it's my belief that votes should be used to pressure people (even if you only feel they're mildly scummy, as I feel about him now). I want to see a little more reaction from Nik, that's all. Though from what I've seen in the past, I'm not even sure if that will tell us much. He's really hard for me to read.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2014, 09:47:53 am »

After reading so far what stands out most is Axxle - he claims selecting attack in first draw, says that people discarding attacks are more likely to be town, and he did discarded attack.

So for now Vote:Axxle

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2014, 09:51:32 am »

I think TA's reaction to the wagon is townie. I let my vote linger a bit but nothing is happening there anyway, so let's unvote

Nik seems to be playing the same game as in HoC... which he shouldn't, it got him mislynched there, but you know.

People on the Axxle wagon : is there anything based on play to this case ? Because I'm not a big fan of lynching purely based on meta, even though the setup does encourage it.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2014, 10:05:45 am »

I think TA's reaction to the wagon is townie. I let my vote linger a bit but nothing is happening there anyway, so let's unvote

Nik seems to be playing the same game as in HoC... which he shouldn't, it got him mislynched there, but you know.

People on the Axxle wagon : is there anything based on play to this case ? Because I'm not a big fan of lynching purely based on meta, even though the setup does encourage it.

Read his first couple pages of posts.  That he bright the idea up is what makes me think there is something to it.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2014, 10:41:54 am »

After reading so far what stands out most is Axxle - he claims selecting attack in first draw, says that people discarding attacks are more likely to be town, and he did discarded attack.

So for now Vote:Axxle

I think that's a good point; also, thanks for posting.

Although I still think joth is the scummiest person here, I guess I'll vote: Axxle
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.