Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156937 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2014, 06:54:10 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

Witherweaver (1): A Drowned Kernal

Teproc (1): jotheonah

Robz888 (5): chairs, Axxle, Twistedarcher, Xeiron, Nik

Jotheonah (1): XerxesPraelor

Twistedarcher (1): Teproc

Not Voting (7): Voltaire, Robz888, Ichimaru Gin, scott_pilgrim, Beyond Awesome, EgorK, Witherweaver

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on Wed. May 21 at 11 PM FT.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2014, 06:55:09 pm »

I feel like "interesting" is IG's desu.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2014, 07:06:09 pm »

I think I use "interesting" to mean, I'm not sure what we can get out of this but it looks like it could tell us something, so I and other people should think about it and figure out whether it's indicative of the person's alignment.  That being said, it is pretty non-committal and leaves your options open, so I think it's bad for town players to label things as interesting and leave it at that.  On the other hand, if you're really not sure what to make of something, it's not scummy to point it out and admit that you don't know what it means (it would be scummy if someone did it a lot).

On Robz: It seems odd to me how much time has been spent analyzing his one post, though I can see why people think it's scummy.  I feel like there are still players who haven't contributed at all yet (I don't think we've heard anything from Beyond Awesome or EgorK?).

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2014, 07:12:56 pm »

PPE 2: It's card of hard to analyze what people discarded because no one knew what they were.
Most? of the attack cards are scum roles and I would assume people could guess that. Those who discarded attack cards are probably? less likely to be scum and those who discarded nonattack cards are more likely? to be scum.

It's minor but maybe something to go on for now.
Welp, that's half the playerlist:
Teproc
iGin
Sp
BA?
ADK
EK
chairs
x

This is a fine and useful tool to start D1. I endorse it.

Note: still on page 5 of 10, catching up

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2014, 07:14:54 pm »

PPE 2: It's card of hard to analyze what people discarded because no one knew what they were.
Most? of the attack cards are scum roles and I would assume people could guess that. Those who discarded attack cards are probably? less likely to be scum and those who discarded nonattack cards are more likely? to be scum.

It's minor but maybe something to go on for now.

I dunno, I discarded Trader cause it sounded lame, but I definitely didn't think it was a mafia role but it ended up being one. I don't know what we can read into it honestly, I guess what stuck out most was Xerxes discarding Young Witch (which was definitely scum). Maybe Xerxes likes town more, maybe he had two scum roles, I don't know how we're supposed to deduce which is true besides guessing?

Definitely depends on each player meta. Guessing seems fine. I would lean towards x being more likely town, maybe 5% more likely, based on something like that?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2014, 07:16:11 pm »

I'd choose town > scum, I think a lot of people would too given the choice (I am pretty sure Shraeye would, I think Voltaire would?) I think people who haven't had a scum role before are more likely to pick scum, though, which is a point against newer players (as unfair as that is)

Correct. I've gotten better at enjoying it, but I'm bad at scum and the first time I was scum I was realllllllllllly close to quitting mafia forever, it made me so miserable.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2014, 07:17:27 pm »

There was a BM game where all scum had the option to choose VT instead of scum. Robz, Voltaire, and Chairs all elected to be scum, so that could speak to an inclination to choose scum over town.

Oh, right! That was a BM game. I'd forgotten.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2014, 07:19:05 pm »

I'd choose town > scum, I think a lot of people would too given the choice (I am pretty sure Shraeye would, I think Voltaire would?) I think people who haven't had a scum role before are more likely to pick scum, though, which is a point against newer players (as unfair as that is)

Correct. I've gotten better at enjoying it, but I'm bad at scum and the first time I was scum I was realllllllllllly close to quitting mafia forever, it made me so miserable.

I've only ever been scum once. I don't think I'm that great at either, but I at least enjoy playing town more I think. I think it took me a little while to get that first time game as scum out of my system--as people still found me scummy in HoC and I think only my doc claim kept me from getting lynched.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2014, 07:20:09 pm »

Slight scum read on the person who discarded Fortress: that looks like a sure take.

Also, why on earth is taxman a compulsive child killer?

Fortress: probably lynchproof/bulletproof, risky if you're town.

Though of course you don't know what alignment you'd be.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2014, 07:23:15 pm »

Also, Nik. Why vote Voltaire And then just leave?
Do you mean not give a reason? My reason is that earlier in the thread, I thought Volitare claimed he was Mafia, based on this:
I AM IN MAFIA AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN
Now I realize he was talking about the game Mafia, not the Mafia faction. So, Unvote.

Townread on Nik. This is exactly what happened between us in Newbie Mafia.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 15, 2014, 07:24:45 pm »

I've only ever been scum once. I don't think I'm that great at either, but I at least enjoy playing town more I think. I think it took me a little while to get that first time game as scum out of my system--as people still found me scummy in HoC and I think only my doc claim kept me from getting lynched.

My all-time favorite role and alignment is VT. I'm weird like that.

To be fair, I did win a scum MVP. That's actually really annoying.

vote: EgorK

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2014, 07:26:12 pm »

The thing that is making Robz seem more and more scummier to me is that he hasn't posted anything. If he's lurking, he would at least see all the votes on him and would probably offer an explanation...but he hasn't. Is he just not paying attention?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2014, 07:26:33 pm »

Yeah, discarding Fortress was not good. One-Shot Bulletproof is perfect forme, for some reason I thought it would be a protective role (ie Doctor variant) rather than something that actually protected me...

God forbid town have a doctor! you really dodged the bullet on that one. vote: Teproc

I actually think doctor is usually a very weak role and more useful as a named townie.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2014, 07:37:45 pm »

I feel like Robz starts a lot of games with "meh, D1, wake me up for D2".

I also feel like this is anti-town.

Ergo, lynch all Robzes.

This. But also what axxle said.

vote: Robz

I do not have my normal town read on Teproc. I have a neutral read. But it's early enough I don't care.

I feel better about axxle based on read, nervous based on his discard. This is due to the recent game where he was being obviously scummy so I assumed he was town.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2014, 07:49:50 pm »

The thing that is making Robz seem more and more scummier to me is that he hasn't posted anything. If he's lurking, he would at least see all the votes on him and would probably offer an explanation...but he hasn't. Is he just not paying attention?

I think Robz is busy with RL stuff (I think he posted in the VLA thread), so not responding to the wagon right away is expected regardless of his alignment.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2014, 07:50:33 pm »

Oh right, Voltaire is in this game ! Hi Voltaire. Don't worry, it'll come back to you.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 15, 2014, 07:51:26 pm »

WW is likelier scum if Robz is town.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 15, 2014, 08:03:20 pm »

I think Robz is busy with RL stuff (I think he posted in the VLA thread), so not responding to the wagon right away is expected regardless of his alignment.
Oh. In that case, Unvote.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2014, 09:22:46 pm »

Unvote

Mine was not a real vote, and I don't think all of the votes on him are either.  Robz has been basically away and barely posting in all his games for a couple of weeks.

That's a cop-out, consider my vote on you serious.

Town read on Voltaire so far.

Looking back, TA's complaints about the setup looks a little like he got a scum role when he didn't want on. Or maybe he's just something lame like VT or Universal Miller.

I'd be fine with a Robz lynch later, he hasn't done himself any favors here. But this isn't blitz, a 24-hour day one is probably a bad idea.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2014, 09:24:45 pm »

But this isn't blitz, a 24-hour day one is probably a bad idea.

For sure. Even if Robz flips scum, we'll still have a dearth of interactions to analyze.
So I'd say its definitely a bad idea.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2014, 09:51:56 pm »

Unvote

Mine was not a real vote, and I don't think all of the votes on him are either.  Robz has been basically away and barely posting in all his games for a couple of weeks.

That's a cop-out, consider my vote on you serious.

Town read on Voltaire so far.

Looking back, TA's complaints about the setup looks a little like he got a scum role when he didn't want on. Or maybe he's just something lame like VT or Universal Miller.

I'd be fine with a Robz lynch later, he hasn't done himself any favors here. But this isn't blitz, a 24-hour day one is probably a bad idea.

What do you mean a cop out?  That doesn't make sense.  I put an RVS vote on Robz and then everyone voted him for real, and he was getting to about L-2, so I unvotes because mine wasn't because of a scum read.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 15, 2014, 09:54:55 pm »

WW is likelier scum if Robz is town.

Why?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 15, 2014, 10:03:31 pm »

Your vote didn't seem particularly joke-y to me, and you retracting it and claiming that it was when Robz was within lynch range is suspicious.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 15, 2014, 10:05:35 pm »

Your vote didn't seem particularly joke-y to me, and you retracting it and claiming that it was when Robz was within lynch range is suspicious.

I put an exclamation point after it, and then told people to start a 70-person wagon after.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 15, 2014, 10:12:25 pm »

Just because someone has humorous tone to their vote doesn't mean they don't intend to follow through. Do you think Robz is town? Why?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.