Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156965 times)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2014, 12:18:11 pm »

Yeah, discarding Fortress was not good. One-Shot Bulletproof is perfect forme, for some reason I thought it would be a protective role (ie Doctor variant) rather than something that actually protected me...

God forbid town have a doctor! you really dodged the bullet on that one. vote: Teproc

Doctor is really not that great, especially because I tend to die early as town and Doctor is mostly good in later days to protect claimed PRs.

Doctor is still great: every night without a NK is almost one more mislynch we can do before losing.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2014, 12:19:06 pm »

Vote: robz because early wagons always stagnates, then dies and remain dead for a long time.
Robz is a great player to keep around until the endgame

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2014, 12:19:43 pm »

Wowza, 5 votes on Robz! that seems a little extreme.
He's only barely halfway to a lynch.
vote: joth I was scum and got scum points for caring too much about L's. It's not something obvious, so it's a better tell.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2014, 12:21:39 pm »

I also noticed Robz. I think it would take a great card for him to keep over the investigative-themed card scrying pool is.

I think Robz has stated before that he likes other people to have investigative roles and use them on him, rather than being the one with the investigative role himself.  (Though, it's not like he's taking it away from anyone in this case.)

Am I the only one who wasn't assuming that there was a strong correlation between attack cards and scum roles? I haven't gone through and counted but it seems like there were a number of attack cards that were connected to town roles and vice-versa.

I assumed there was no relation to card name and role, that it was just randomized. 

This is what I had thought too.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2014, 12:22:29 pm »

Vote: robz because early wagons always stagnates, then dies and remain dead for a long time.

disagree. Robz is the last person I want facing at LyLo. He's too darned hard to read.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2014, 12:23:05 pm »

This seems weird, but also genuine. Townie points.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 15, 2014, 12:23:35 pm »

Am I the only one who wasn't assuming that there was a strong correlation between attack cards and scum roles? I haven't gone through and counted but it seems like there were a number of attack cards that were connected to town roles and vice-versa.

I assumed there was no relation to card name and role, that it was just randomized. 

Why would we be given a decision then? Scum. vote: robz

Well, good point.  But I looked to find an explanation of the cards and didn't find one, and the only post Mail-Mi had was to say that cards weren't an indication of power.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 15, 2014, 12:24:20 pm »

I also noticed Robz. I think it would take a great card for him to keep over the investigative-themed card scrying pool is.

I think Robz has stated before that he likes other people to have investigative roles and use them on him, rather than being the one with the investigative role himself.  (Though, it's not like he's taking it away from anyone in this case.)

So, if ww is scum, I'm guessing s_p is too. You're both less likely to be scum, though, then if you were the only one.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 15, 2014, 12:25:22 pm »

Maybe he just enjoys being an IC? It's an attack card, though, so maybe that's why he discarded it?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 15, 2014, 12:26:22 pm »

It's a wagon!  With 139 players, we only need 70 to lynch.  Vote guys!
This has a grain of truth in it. There are sooo many people here, it'll be hard to get a lynch to actually happen.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 15, 2014, 02:11:48 pm »

And then all of a sudden, after a flare of activity, the forums go completely silent. What happened? Also, I noticed that this is perhaps the first time I'm not lurking on Day1. Probably the lack of schoolwork

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 15, 2014, 03:44:08 pm »

And then all of a sudden, after a flare of activity, the forums go completely silent. What happened? Also, I noticed that this is perhaps the first time I'm not lurking on Day1. Probably the lack of schoolwork

Everyone who signed up for this game was expecting to skip the RVS stage, but since we didn't actually know what roles we discarded when we chose them, instead of RVS we had a "Complain about the set-up" stage.  So we still sort of skipped RVS (though I guess there is that Robz wagon), but now no one knows what to do because there haven't been many interactions.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 15, 2014, 03:50:28 pm »

I can't believe Robz is ignoring this fat wagon on him. He's even posting in his other game.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 15, 2014, 03:51:16 pm »

I can't believe Robz is ignoring this fat wagon on him. He's even posting in his other game.
He clearly needs more votes on him.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2014, 03:57:18 pm »

Sell me on it, Axxle. what's the case?

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2014, 03:59:41 pm »

Code: [Select]
Oh great, another game for me to not follow closely enough...[size=1pt]Partners, please extend RVS as long as possible.[/size]
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 15, 2014, 04:09:34 pm »

Vote:Robz888
His only post looks a little scummy, but the fact he has not responded to the constant voting on him makes me thinks he is definitely Mafia.
Robz, explanation?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2014, 05:04:19 pm »

Wait so are you voting him but you hope he doesn't get lynched?

I think he knew he'd get a lot of votes for saying that which is what he wanted.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2014, 05:05:51 pm »

His only post looks a little scummy, but the fact he has not responded to the constant voting on him makes me thinks he is definitely Mafia.
Robz, explanation?

wait what. I think Mafia would have responded right away. Hell, mafia would be more invested in the game to begin with. We should call this what it is if we're doing it: LAL

He/him

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2014, 05:07:12 pm »

L-2 btw. I kinda would love lynching someone this early honestly.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2014, 05:08:10 pm »

Robz, explanation?

wait what. I think Mafia would have responded right away. Hell, mafia would be more invested in the game to begin with. We should call this what it is if we're doing it: LAL

Oh please, do you think robz post was actually genuine? He WANTED us to know he was disinterested. If he was truly disinterested wouldn't he just not post?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2014, 05:09:41 pm »

Well concerning actually reads and stuff, I'm getting a townish vibe from Axxle for his flurry of posts right at the start of the game, I think he tends to be more reserved as scum.

Ditto for XP. RE Robz: So we're going with a pre-emtpive LAL lynch? That's a new one.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2014, 05:11:48 pm »

It's not that robz is disinterested its that he wanted us to know he was "disinterested".

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2014, 05:19:54 pm »

I feel like Robz starts a lot of games with "meh, D1, wake me up for D2".

I also feel like this is anti-town.

Ergo, lynch all Robzes.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2014, 05:27:45 pm »

Wait so are you voting him but you hope he doesn't get lynched?

I think he knew he'd get a lot of votes for saying that which is what he wanted.
Thats what I said, yes, but secretly, I too would love lynching someone this early.

L-2 btw. I kinda would love lynching someone this early honestly.

Still only L-3.
Xerxes did remove his vote.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 20 queries.