Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156949 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2014, 11:50:44 pm »

So nobody has Taxman, because Andrew wasn't vigged upon reveal. I'll look at what people discared later. Looks like my Hoard turned out to be a...mafia hider?  :o
I just realized: Andrew is a co-mod.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2014, 11:59:01 pm »

PPE 2: It's card of hard to analyze what people discarded because no one knew what they were.
Most? of the attack cards are scum roles and I would assume people could guess that. Those who discarded attack cards are probably? less likely to be scum and those who discarded nonattack cards are more likely? to be scum.

It's minor but maybe something to go on for now.
Welp, that's half the playerlist:
Teproc
iGin
Sp
BA?
ADK
EK
chairs
x
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2014, 11:59:44 pm »

So I had no idea we'd be picking random cards instead of actually choosing a role. Meh. That was why I wanted to play this setup [/rant]
Actually I'm glad we're not since people would've immediately lynched me, or should have in any case.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2014, 12:01:52 am »

Wow guys.

Axxle: 7 (8)
iGin: 4
ADK: 2
Volt: 4
TA: 1
Everyone else: 0

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2014, 12:05:43 am »

So I had no idea we'd be picking random cards instead of actually choosing a role. Meh. That was why I wanted to play this setup [/rant]
Actually I'm glad we're not since people would've immediately lynched me, or should have in any case.

Why? For discarding mafia seer? How so?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2014, 12:08:27 am »

If we knew what our cards were I probably would have chosen scum, and most people know I'd do that.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2014, 12:10:07 am »

PPE 2: It's card of hard to analyze what people discarded because no one knew what they were.
Most? of the attack cards are scum roles and I would assume people could guess that. Those who discarded attack cards are probably? less likely to be scum and those who discarded nonattack cards are more likely? to be scum.

I dunno, I discarded Trader cause it sounded lame, but I definitely didn't think it was a mafia role but it ended up being one. I don't know what we can read into it honestly, I guess what stuck out most was Xerxes discarding Young Witch (which was definitely scum). Maybe Xerxes likes town more, maybe he had two scum roles, I don't know how we're supposed to deduce which is true besides guessing?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2014, 12:12:11 am »

If we knew what our cards were I probably would have chosen scum, and most people know I'd do that.

I'd choose town > scum, I think a lot of people would too given the choice (I am pretty sure Shraeye would, I think Voltaire would?) I think people who haven't had a scum role before are more likely to pick scum, though, which is a point against newer players (as unfair as that is)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2014, 12:15:14 am »

There was a BM game where all scum had the option to choose VT instead of scum. Robz, Voltaire, and Chairs all elected to be scum, so that could speak to an inclination to choose scum over town.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2014, 12:19:44 am »

There was a BM game where all scum had the option to choose VT instead of scum. Robz, Voltaire, and Chairs all elected to be scum, so that could speak to an inclination to choose scum over town.
Really? Why didn't anyone bust that out in Philosopher's Mafia?!

I chose not to try for conversion in said game, so that show's my inclination.

I wanted a change of pace this game though, and I thought my card might have been cool if I had remembered they're all just coming from the Greater Idea Deck.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2014, 12:30:46 am »

I was also under the impression that we were going to know which roles we were choosing between, and not just flavor names.  But I guess I can see how that might be problematic (vote X because X likes playing scum).  But I also thought the point of Greater Idea Mafia was to eliminate RVS, but with this I'm not sure what we can get out of people's discards...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2014, 12:34:04 am »

I was also under the impression that we were going to know which roles we were choosing between, and not just flavor names.  But I guess I can see how that might be problematic (vote X because X likes playing scum).  But I also thought the point of Greater Idea Mafia was to eliminate RVS, but with this I'm not sure what we can get out of people's discards...

Yup

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2014, 12:37:57 am »

That's exactly how it plays FTF, it's hilarious.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2014, 12:41:31 am »

Vote:axxle. he likes playing scum

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2014, 12:45:24 am »

Vote: Voltaire

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2014, 01:12:29 am »

Slight scum read on the person who discarded Fortress: that looks like a sure take.

Also, why on earth is taxman a compulsive child killer?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2014, 01:18:13 am »

Slight scum read on the person who discarded Fortress: that looks like a sure take.

Also, why on earth is taxman a compulsive child killer?
Because there's no lawyer card.

BOOM!

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2014, 03:24:43 am »

Looking over the discard pile, Axxles choice strikes me as the most interesting. He is a guy who likes playing scum, and yet chooses to discard a Mountebank, a pretty safe scumrole. He must have had a really interesting card as his other choice.

I also noticed Robz. I think it would take a great card for him to keep over the investigative-themed card scrying pool is.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2014, 03:52:13 am »

This could aslo go the other way. If you take a look among those who discarded attack cards, you will probably find some who had the choice between two attack cards. They must have kept one, and is probably scum as most attack-cards are scum.

On the other hand, we know that those who discarded non-attack had the choice to go for a non-attack, and therefore must have intentionally gone for the attack if they did.

Then again we probably have someone that are scum after picking a card that was not a obvious scum card (bridge, marked, doctor, etc.)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2014, 04:01:43 am »

I threw away envoy the last time because I didn't want to be a mailman, but it turns out it was going to be an alien thing, so I agree that some people are scum who don't want to be.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2014, 04:03:31 am »

Well, we're stuck with what we've got. You can see that the cards were indicative of role, so it gives scum an out (I didn't know what I had) but still allows people to pick roles they think are cooler.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2014, 04:23:03 am »

Here is a list of what people disarded, sorted after allignment. I have also bolded attack cards.
As we can see, just over half discarded a non-town card, and most of them probably did not know it.

Discarded a non-town card:

Twistedarcher had a Trader
Voltaire had a Hoard
Axxle had a Mountebank
XerxesPraelor had a Young Witch

jotheonah had a Bank
chairs had a Count

Witherweaver had a Rats

Robz888 had a Scrying Pool

Nik had a Vagrant

Discarded a town card:

Ichimaru Gin had a Moat
Teproc had a Fortress
scott_pilgrim had a Forager
Beyond Awesome had an Altar
A Drowned Kernel had a Rabble
EgorK had a Navigator
xeiron had a Band of Misfits

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2014, 04:34:40 am »

I really should have taken the young witch. Look under my name.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2014, 04:38:26 am »

I kept saboteur in my first run  :'(

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2014, 05:02:46 am »

And I would so have taken the Jester if I could.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.