Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Werewolves Win!)  (Read 156891 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Signups Open!)
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2014, 06:14:58 pm »

Scout may be is more powerful than Rebuild for all you know.

Mod Fixed.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2014, 10:14:05 am »

We're going to have to reroll the setup, sadly. I'll do it when I get home from school.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2014, 08:09:14 pm »

We're going to have to reroll the setup, sadly. I'll do it when I get home from school.
Setup has been rerolled, and PMs sent. Please reply by 8 PM FT on Tuesday, May 13.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2014, 10:23:25 am »

Okay it's about as balanced as we're going to get it. I'll send out role pms and start night 0 when I get home

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2014, 11:36:57 am »

too late to /in?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2014, 11:42:24 am »

too late to /in?

Yes. mail-mi has already sent out cards to players. You can put in to be a sub like me if needed! Or you can sign up for this game if you haven't already... http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=10757.0

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2014, 12:22:36 pm »

not in.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Night 0!)
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2014, 09:57:32 pm »

Okay all role PMs are out. Night 0 will end at 10 PM FT on Wednesday, May 14th.

Thread locked (except for /taggers)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2014, 10:30:43 pm »

Sorry I'm busy right now I will start this when I'm done

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2014, 11:19:35 pm »

It was your average game of dominion. Except for the fact that there were 18 players and nearly every kingdom card was being used. Mail-mi had managed to get the lead somehow, playing multiple Torturers every turn.

Some were tired of his ridiculous play. They formed into little groups, collaborating and planning to finally end this game of Dominion--once and for all.

Mail-mi played a second Torturer, and reluctantly, everyone discarded 2 cards--everyone only had one card in hand. Everyone waited for the inevitable third Torturer, but none came.
Maybe his engine faltered, some fools thought. Maybe he'll just buy the last province and end it.

Then they saw the blood on the table.

Someone screamed. "Clean it up! It will stain the cards!" After that had been taken care of, they saw the body. Mail-mi, lying slumped on the table, not breathing.

The players looked around at each other. "What do we do?" one said. "Maybe we could just end the game.... It's gone on long enough..." another one said, sounding hopeful.

"NO!" one said, standing up and knocking his chair over. "This game is NOT over until we found out who could have done this." AndrewisFTTW slammed his single card onto the table. A Cellar. "I'm innocent. Who's next?"

DAY 1 START!
THREAD UNLOCKED!

Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting (16): Twistedarcher, Voltaire, Robz888, Ichimaru Gin, Axxle, Teproc, Witherweaver, scott_pilgrim, Beyond Awesome, jotheonah, XerxesPraelor, A Drowned Kernel, EgorK, chairs, xeiron, Nik

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on Wed. May 21 at 11 PM FT.

Everyone looked around the table. "Well," one said, "what info do we already have?"

"Discard piles..." another replied.

Everyone looked at everyone else's discard piles. Twistedarcher had a Trader, Voltaire had a Hoard, Robz888 had a Scrying Pool, Ichimaru Gin had a Moat, Axxle had a Mountebank, Teproc had a Fortress, Witherweaver had a Rats, scott_pilgrim had a Forager, Beyond Awesome had an Altar, jotheonah had a Bank, XerxesPraelor had a Young Witch, A Drowned Kernel had a Rabble, EgorK had a Navigator, chairs had a Count, xeiron had a Band of Misfits, and Nik had a Vagrant.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:18:50 pm by mail-mi »

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLIV: Donald's Greater Idea Mafia (Day 1!)
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2014, 11:20:33 pm »

first!

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2014, 11:25:40 pm »

Vote: WW for discarding the best card in the game.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2014, 11:27:08 pm »

I AM IN MAFIA AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2014, 11:27:33 pm »

Seriously though. I will only be able to post very, very little until after next Thursday.
4+ finals coming up...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2014, 11:29:52 pm »

Oh, we know what all the cards are?

Um...card claim and win?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2014, 11:30:56 pm »

Oh, we know what all the cards are?

Um...card claim and win?

Yes. quickly before scum has time to come up with good fakeclaims.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2014, 11:31:07 pm »

Yes, Volt, that totally works. There are 205 people in this game.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2014, 11:32:13 pm »

So nobody has Taxman, because Andrew wasn't vigged upon reveal. I'll look at what people discared later. Looks like my Hoard turned out to be a...mafia hider?  :o

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2014, 11:33:20 pm »

Seems risky, scum would just risk a fakeclaim out of the large number of cards. Yeah we might catch one but then scum knows who all the PRs are.

PPE: 130 something but yeah.

PPE 2: It's card of hard to analyze what people discarded because no one knew what they were.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2014, 11:34:14 pm »

I don't see Cellar on the list.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2014, 11:34:19 pm »

I'm actually kind of dissapointed I discarded the moat. Retired werewolf hunter sounds really cool.

On a side note, do we know what any of these other roles actually do? Or do we just guess?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2014, 11:36:07 pm »

PPE 2: It's card of hard to analyze what people discarded because no one knew what they were.
Most? of the attack cards are scum roles and I would assume people could guess that. Those who discarded attack cards are probably? less likely to be scum and those who discarded nonattack cards are more likely? to be scum.

It's minor but maybe something to go on for now.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2014, 11:38:26 pm »

I'm actually kind of dissapointed I discarded the moat. Retired werewolf hunter sounds really cool.

On a side note, do we know what any of these other roles actually do? Or do we just guess?
I know what most of them do, just ask.

They're also ?all? here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Greater_Idea_Mafia

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2014, 11:42:50 pm »

So I had no idea we'd be picking random cards instead of actually choosing a role. Meh. That was why I wanted to play this setup [/rant]

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2014, 11:47:38 pm »

So I had no idea we'd be picking random cards instead of actually choosing a role. Meh. That was why I wanted to play this setup [/rant]
QFT
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.