Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: It's happening to me...  (Read 3760 times)

azadin

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
It's happening to me...
« on: April 25, 2014, 02:53:29 pm »
+10

A song comes on the radio with the word City in the title...my thoughts immediately begin to decide how quickly various piles will go. I'm reading a book with a mercenary in it, and I can't help but think about what I should trash for the attack, cards, and coin. I pass a winery on the street advertising their wonderful vineyards and the only thing that pops into my head is how much better they are with more actions. There's an apartment complex near where I live called King's Court. What should I play 3 times? In conversation, someone says they are at a Crossroads, and I think to myself, "you've got 3 more actions!", or maybe they refer to someone as a schemer, in which case I just start thinking about what card I'd like play again.

Oh wait, I'm not playing Dominion. I must be seeing the world through my Dominion-tinted glasses again.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
Re: It's happening to me...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:29:22 pm »
+3

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 06:25:22 pm »
+4

It happens to me sometimes, but every single time a common term from the forums comes up...

...of course it is, nobody wants to just sit and watch while you play 20 cards every turn and end it with a discarding attack.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:28:55 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 07:35:12 pm »
+3

I once had a lesson in my geography book with a few words from Hinterlands (the french translation of the names) : "Silk road", "Farmland", "Hinterland" and some other dominion words I don't remember (trade route ?).

That day, instead of reading the lesson, I started a dominion game…

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 03:18:56 am »
+4

Oh my!
Every single morning, when trying to wake up and go to work, I have a weird Dominion game with my alarm.
I always reset it for five more minutes, thinking about it as of a next turn, sometimes I consider myself buying some things during that turns..
The worst thing is, it is not entirely a dream, I am absolutely conscious of me being in bed and in need to stand up,
but I think about it like "Yeah, yeah, should not be late to work again, but a have a good hand, one Province here, another one next turn, and I win!"

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 12:32:46 pm »
+3

This is what caused me to quit Dominion for a few months, then come back at a far more limited play volume.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 01:39:17 pm »
+2

I always make jokes in my head about the cards. If someone says "Don't do that! You're a madman!"  I think "He doesn't return to the supply, that's ridiculous."

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 04:24:47 pm »
+7

My favourite one is still the laundry one.  The clothes I am currently wearing miss the reshuffle.

I don't remember who mentioned it first... AdamH, maybe?

azadin

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 05:25:55 pm »
+4

From other thread:

Whenever I do the wash, I think of the clothes I am wearing as missing the shuffle.

When I was going through that other thread, this post in particular got a pretty loud laugh from me. I will never be able to unthink this when doing laundry.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 11:09:44 pm »

From other thread:

Whenever I do the wash, I think of the clothes I am wearing as missing the shuffle.

When I was going through that other thread, this post in particular got a pretty loud laugh from me. I will never be able to unthink this when doing laundry.

I thought it was me :(

...you are concerned about doing the laundry before you've worn your favorite shirt because you don't want it to "miss the reshuffle"

(Actually how I think about laundry now)

Obviously that post is a lot earlier though.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

qdread

• Thief
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 07:03:33 am »

Just wait till you get into Innovation, those card names come up even more often in daily life! Agriculture? Should I share the dogma or not... Enterprise? No, not my crowns!!! The Internet? Game over!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.