Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Scrying Pool trashing tempo  (Read 1025 times)

qdread

• Thief
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
Scrying Pool trashing tempo
« on: April 22, 2014, 08:10:45 am »
+2

Had a game last night with Scrying Pool where I opened Potion/Storeroom versus opponent's Potion/Silver. This effectively crippled my ability to get to $5 quickly and pick up a Count for trashing, but I wanted the +buy to get Pawns and the better cycling to see more Potions. The opponent got a Count quickly, trashed most of the Coppers and Estates, and went ahead 3-0 in Provinces. I got the Count a bit later and was able to trash everything on two separate turns, then caught up with two double-Province turns using Storeroom and Count, ending the game on T16. So my question is whether I made the right tempo decision to keep things moving slow at first and let the Scrying Pools take over, or whether it was just luck.

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140421/log.512f4c81e4b08cb66ebe711c.1398132367662.txt

Code: [Select]
Pawn, Scrying Pool, Storeroom, Death Cart, Bandit Camp, Count, Counterfeit, Explorer, Margrave, Treasury

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Scrying Pool trashing tempo
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 08:52:42 am »
+1

The storerooms are very good and you could have bought have bought a second one, maybe even on turn 3. I don't think that a silver/potion opening guarantees a 5 coin hand at all so I'd stick to the storeroom.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Scrying Pool trashing tempo
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 09:01:19 am »
+1

Of course trashing is amazing, but Scrying Pool is strong even if you don't trash quickly, or even only minimally. I think you played it well and avoiding Treasures is the right call.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.