Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: GokoDom III: Playoff Round Results and Discussion  (Read 98432 times)

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: GokoDom III: Playoff Round Results and Discussion
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2014, 06:13:53 pm »

Well done to Adam for getting through. In his commentary he seemed to suggest his match had no interesting kingdoms, but I think this looks rather tricky with some enticing dead ends. How should you play it?

Pawn, University, Loan, Oasis, Bridge, Rats, Remodel, Knights (Sir Vander top), Rogue, Goons.
Copper, Silver, Gold, Estate, Duchy, Province, Curse, Colony, Platinum, Potion.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2014, 06:18:30 pm »
+1

I personally still like remodel/rats there.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2014, 06:19:18 pm »

In his commentary he seemed to suggest his match had no interesting kingdoms

When I say non-interesting, that usually means I can't build a big engine. Also, it means that luck plays a big factor in who wins and that the best strategy doesn't involve much skill (skill = playing lots of action cards)

I realize this definition is not a good one, but when I said that, that's what I meant.

That being said, this is defo the kingdom I played the worst out of all of them. I'm really interested to hear what people have to say.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2014, 06:44:53 pm »

AdamH, deciding to be the RisingJaguar of GD3.

What's the story behind that? :)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2014, 08:11:51 pm »

In either the 2011 or 2012 Dominion Strategy tournaments (which were 256 players, single elims), RisingJaguar was a somewhat low seeded player that placed 3rd. He was underrated because he didn't play Iso that much; after the tournament finished, I believe he started playing more regularly and was consistently in the top 10.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2014, 08:17:36 pm »
+1

That being said, this is defo the kingdom I played the worst out of all of them. I'm really interested to hear what people have to say.

This one was tough. Smartie's turn 3 Goons was killer. You were not able to play your first Goons until turn 15, I think. That's bad news. However, in the chat, we were curious as to why you both went so heavily for Oasis. Oasis is just bad in a three card hand here; especially with Colonies present. Silver would have been better every time in order to help you build to bigger money and Goons.

Regarding the Herbalist-Phil Stone game, I really wanted to see Stables engine versus Herb-Phil Stone. Alas, it was another mirror. And 2P kept rearing its ugly head.

Also, your play on board 1 (the Rebuild board) was impressive. You got bad shuffle luck early and just played better late. It seems like you made every correct decision you could make. It was not first player advantage that gave you the win there.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2014, 08:31:51 pm »
+1

Also, your play on board 1 (the Rebuild board) was impressive. You got bad shuffle luck early and just played better late. It seems like you made every correct decision you could make. It was not first player advantage that gave you the win there.

We have AI to thank for that. I mentioned this on one of the streams but he took the time after our first match to PM me and really help me improve after he squashed me in round 3. I'm a much better Rebuild player now because of him.

Here's the thread

They did interviews back then! Wow, it's been a while, it would be cool to do that. It would also be cool (this was brought up in chat) to play a for-funsies third place match with the designed kingdoms like they did back then. Kirian, is there any chance of this happening?

Now I need to figure out when I can play my semifinal match  ;D

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2014, 09:14:39 pm »

well, this is gokodom, not the dominionstrategychampionship. Although we are using designed kingdoms for the finals like that.

Kirian

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2014, 11:41:27 pm »
+3

It would also be cool (this was brought up in chat) to play a for-funsies third place match with the designed kingdoms like they did back then. Kirian, is there any chance of this happening?

I suppose it could be done if the two players wanted to do so.  It could certainly make for interesting commentary.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2014, 11:55:45 pm »
+2

It would also be cool (this was brought up in chat) to play a for-funsies third place match with the designed kingdoms like they did back then. Kirian, is there any chance of this happening?

I suppose it could be done if the two players wanted to do so.  It could certainly make for interesting commentary.

I'd definitely enjoy this.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2014, 07:07:08 am »
+1

We have AI to thank for that. I mentioned this on one of the streams but he took the time after our first match to PM me and really help me improve after he squashed me in round 3. I'm a much better Rebuild player now because of him.

This is a bit ironic, since Rebuild was a bad buy in our Round 3 game.  But absolutely your Rebuild play in game 1 of your match with Smartie was top notch.  Well done!
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2014, 05:43:40 pm »
+1

AdamH defeats Smartie 4-3
Congratulations, hope I can watch the next round live again
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

Monsieur X

• Bishop
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2014, 08:25:33 am »
+2

i also hope that.

And sorry andrew, but i would like so much to hear "the cry of the beast" at the end. I think i'm addict, and i absolutely need to have my weekly dose.

ragingduckd

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2014, 12:49:18 am »
+13

AI/ragingduckd defeats AdamH 4-2

Game 1: AI wins

Code: [Select]
Pearl Diver, Stonemason, Chancellor, Warehouse, Advisor, Plaza, Scavenger, Throne Room, Young Witch, Outpost, Forge
Man... did this really take a whole hour?  My apologies to Adam and to those who watched.  The further I get in this tourney the slower I seem to play.

It's interesting how strong this engine is given how flimsily it all hangs together.  Take away any of Forge, Outpost, Young Witch, Advisor, or Stonemason, and you might have to just forget about the whole plan.  As it is, it takes me until T12 to accomplish much of anything, but then suddenly I'm drawing my deck twice each turn, Adam has 10 Curses, and it's all over.

Game 2: AdamH wins

Herbalist, Masterpiece, Nomad Camp, Salvager, Worker's Village, Explorer, Margrave, Tribute, Upgrade, Border Village
This starts as a mirror, but with some subtle differences in our opening play.  Adam's Salvager is better than my Nomad Camp.  My trashing Coppers with Upgrade is better than his turning Estates into Silvers.  IMO, it's almost dead even after my T13 (though I've had an extra turn).

Adam's T13 decides the game when he hits a big village/Margrave chain, trashes 2 more starting cards and adds 2 more BV/Margrave pairs.  I'd be in a tight spot even with a similar draw, but I fizzle and basically have to just gamble on Adam drawing poorly or getting careless about piles in the next 1-2 turns.  I buy a BV + Salvager to try to maximize the chance that I have the buys and money to exploit such an opportunity if it arises.  I get one last chance to steal the game on T14 by pile-driving Estates and taking the last BV + Duchy, but I don't get there and Adam ends it comfortably it on T15.

Game 3: AI wins

Shanty Town, Bridge, Fortress, Marauder, Militia, Mining Village, Procession, Rats, Torturer, Vault
Rats and Madness!  I shudder to think of less experienced players trying to "learn" from my play here.

Procession-Rats is a slick way to keep moving quickly through your deck, particularly if there's a strong $5 action and if you've got some junk to trash anyway.  Unfortunately, it also sets a self-destruct timer for your deck, as you'll be full of Rats in a few shuffles and you're doomed if you don't have a way to 3-pile by then.  Fortress gives you a little more breathing room, as you can sometimes draw past your Rats by repeatedly trashing the same Fortress, but you're still playing with fire.

I definitely started the Proc-Rats nonsense way too early and I'm starting to get in serious trouble by the time I hit a lucky 3-pile opportunity on T13.  And despite my first-player advantage on this cut-throat board, I win by just 2 VP.  I'm sure I'd have been better off if my first Rat had been a Fortress instead, and I'd started on Proc-Rats only a shuffle later.

Game 4: AdamH wins

Embargo, Fortune Teller, Farming Village, Gardens, Island, Sea Hag, Inn, Laboratory, Upgrade, Grand Market
Sea Hag was a lousy open and Adam crushed me with ruthless efficiency.  I think the best 4/3 opening was Fortune Teller + Silver.

Game 5: AI wins

Menagerie, Oasis, Philosopher's Stone, Noble Brigand, Pirate Ship, Quarry, Tournament, Merchant Ship, Wharf, Adventurer
I've played around with this goofy Wharf/cantrip engine since our match and I think it's stronger than it looks.  Even without villages, it can do some impressive things here.  They key cards are Quarry, which lets you pile up engine parts really fast in a 2-Wharfs-per-turn deck, and the 3 cantrips, which work really well together.

Oasis helps Menagerie survive a few duplicates, and diversity increases quickly in a Tournament game, as you'll pick up Provinces, unique Prizes, and eventually Duchies.  Menagerie also soft-counters Followers, as both the discarding and the Curses help to activate it.  Trusty Steed is a fantastic addition, of course, but Bag of Gold is great too and gaining Duchies doesn't get you in nearly as much trouble as normal.

I agree with Adam that I was very lucky to catch a T6 Province.  I'm not set up to compete for the first Province, particularly not against the all-money deck that Adam builds.  Connecting Tourney + Province is a different matter, however, as the draw from Wharf and sifting from the cantrips is a big deal.

In the end though, it's just a Tourney game, so shuffle luck is huge.  And Goko makes your shuffle luck, right?

Game 6: AI wins

Beggar, Scrying Pool, Ambassador, Develop, Loan, Market Square, Remodel, Cache, Laboratory, Mine
This is a pretty scary game.  I'm going up against Ambassador with just a Loan and a Develop.  My goal is to keep nearly even on trashing while turning Estates into Market Squares for Scrying Pool to draw.  It works out well for me, but I suspect it's a pretty high-variance plan.  It wouldn't have been too surprising for Adam's Ambassador to slow me down enough that I can't compete for Provinces.

We end up in a fairly interesting endgame... not a PPR situation exactly, since leaving even two Provinces isn't safe.  Maybe call it TPR?  In any case, we end up Duchy dancing with 3 Provinces left.  Adam makes a very interesting and creative endgame play on T17, remodeling Duchy-into-Duchy to leave exactly one Duchy in the supply.  His goal is to force me to break TPR by preventing me from taking double-Duchy in response.

It turns out that this doesn't quite work, as Adam doesn't actually have the cash left to tie on T18 if I just double-Province, but I like the play anyway because it gave me a very difficult choice that I could easily have screwed up.  I certainly didn't realize that Adam was low on cash during the actual game.  My reasoning was only that he would need all his +buys to gain the necessary Estates to tie.  And I also lost my head and gained 5 Gold with Market Squares, which was almost certainly wrong and resulted directly from having had to think so hard about his Duchy-into-Duchy play.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 11:54:11 pm by ragingduckd »

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2014, 12:52:55 am »
+3

Here's the twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/adamhorton/b/526808555

I'm going to bed now. Thanks for the match AI.

Also, I'm assuming we're all up for a for-funsies third place match?

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2014, 07:13:04 am »
+2

Game 3: AI wins

Shanty Town, Bridge, Fortress, Marauder, Militia, Mining Village, Procession, Rats, Torturer, Vault

OMFG

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2014, 07:14:32 am »

If you want the experience of having the design challenge kingdoms revealed, it should be scheduled at the same time as the championship match.

JOG

• Baron
  • Respect: +52
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2014, 09:09:22 am »

If you want the experience of having the design challenge kingdoms revealed, it should be scheduled at the same time as the championship match.

I'm up for it.  Hopefully we would be able to schedule both matches at the same time.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2014, 11:16:25 am »
+13

AI defeats AdamH 4-2

Video playlist on YouTube
Entire stream on Twitch (First game starts about 17:00 in)

Going into this match I knew that it would be the hardest match of the tournament for me. I lost 0-3 to AI in the swiss portion of the match, but I know I'm a better player now than I was then. I had something to prove, and I know it sounds cheesy and empty, but I did prove something in this match even though I lost...

Game 1: AdamH 14, AI 15
Game log     Twitch Highlight     YouTube video
Kingdom Cards: Pearl Diver, Stonemason, Chancellor, Warehouse (bane), Advisor, Plaza, Scavenger, Throne Room, Young Witch, Outpost, Forge

This game took about an hour to play, and almost all of the time was spent watching AI play his cards. I underestimate Advisor as a source of draw and Stonemason as a gainer on this board and AI constructs an extremely complex engine around those two cards. The things he does are truly impressive, like giving me all 10 Curses in the course of two turns. I haven't played many games with AI, but a lot of them have made my brain hurt and this was certainly one of them -- I should mention that in the brain-hurty games, he has a distinct advantage.

If anyone writes an article about Advisor, this game should be linked. Through very precise play he builds his deck around mitigating the weakness of Advisor as your primary source of draw. I never stood a chance.

Game 2: AI 4, AdamH 16
Game log     Twitch Highlight     YouTube video
Kingdom Cards: Herbalist, Masterpiece, Nomad Camp, Salvager, Worker's Village, Explorer, Margrave, Tribute, Upgrade, Border Village

This one is mostly a mirror revolving around Border Village/Margrave. We build similar decks but I'm able to out-pace him by one or two turns. Though our play was similar for the most part, he gets a Nomad Camp on T2 and I get a Salvager instead. I get an Upgrade slightly earlier than he does, and this accounts for the main differences in our play.

As for the game, I don't think the Nomad Camp vs. Salvager made any difference for the cards we were able to buy -- the Salvager certainly didn't hurt me -- so I was just able to thin an Estate or two early, and coupled with the earlier thinning/Silver gain from my earlier Upgrade, I think this gave me a better deck. Even though he hit two $6 turns before I ever got one, and even though I had a shuffle where I saw all four of my Margraves in the same hand (with no Village, yeah I whined about it), I never felt like I was all that far behind. In the end, I'm able to put myself in a good endgame position, and AI lets the third pile get low enough that I can three-pile on a win. After getting severely outplayed in the first game, I feel I slightly outplayed him here, and I'm able to take down my first win against AI in the whole tournament!

EDIT: After reading the chat, it turns out I probably could have piled Estates to win earlier. I completely missed this!

Game 3: AI 4, AdamH 2
Game log     Twitch highlight     YouTube video
Kingdom Cards: Shanty Town, Bridge, Fortress, Marauder, Militia, Mining Village, Procession, Rats, Torturer, Vault, with Shelters

This game. Ohhhhhhh boy, this game. This is the one everyone will be talking about (at least I hope). Junking attacks everywhere with Village+Torturer, and the only trashing is Procession+Rats. So that means no trashing, right? Apparently not. AI floods his deck with Rats and somehow manages to put together a deck that can play several Torturers every turn.

I'll refrain from comment for now because I want to see what other people have to say -- I scanned the chat after this game but I want to know what people think.

Game 4: AdamH, AI resigned
Kingdom Cards: Embargo, Fortune Teller, Farming Village, Gardens, Island, Sea Hag, Inn, Laboratory, Upgrade, Grand Market

Nice payload here with Lab and Grand Market, and Upgrade is enough of a reason for me to ignore Sea Hag, which I do. AI goes for not one, but two Sea Hags, which has to be not one, but two mistakes; and because of this I'm able to win the Lab split 8-2 with a thinner deck, better cards, and a small points lead. AI resigns. Out of all of the games, this is the one where I feel I outplayed him pretty handily.

It's strange that I started the discussion on when to ignore Cursing and then it's so easy for me to make the right call here. With Sea Hag and IGG I just understand it so well, but Marauder and Familiar just leave me clueless -- maybe my weakness is not with the price of junking in general but rather with those two particular cards...

Game 5: AdamH 30, AI 33
Kingdom Cards: Menagerie, Oasis, Philosopher's Stone, Noble Brigand, Pirate Ship, Quarry, Tournament, Merchant Ship, Wharf, Adventurer

No Villages (except for Trusty Steed), no attacks (except for Followers), and no trashing. This board is the essence of everything I hate about Tournament. I build a more straightforward Tournament deck, getting Oasis over Silver and loading up on Tournaments with two Merchant Ships. I get two Provinces quickly and I'm ready to get myself some Followers. Whoop-dee-doo.

AI builds a very strange deck with 5 Wharves and a Quarry -- somehow spiking a Province a shuffle earlier than I do (which I think had to be super-lucky for him) and then once he collides Tournament and Province it becomes clear what his strategy is: get the one and only village (the horse) and have two Wharves in play every turn. Use Oasis to enable Menageries for draw. I have a lead but I'm unable to hold on and he wins the game somewhat comfortably.

Now I admit I'm not the best person in the world at playing Tournament games so maybe I'm not right here, but the more I think about this game, the more I think my strategy was probably better and he got really lucky. Now you make your own shuffle luck, and AI commented to me after the match that I made my own shuffle luck in that game. I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic (it was already really late), but let me at least say what I have to say and see if it holds up to scrutiny.

To not collide Tournament/Province on the first shuffle I could was pretty unlucky -- I had 3 Tournaments, 2 Provinces, and a partridge in a pear tree (OK, maybe not that, but I had a few Oases) and it never lined up for me. Unlucky, and I think my odds of hitting should be better than his since he was running 5 Wharves in his deck at that time. Also, I think his first Province buy was *really* lucky. What was he going to do if he didn't get the Steed? I think he went all-in here and got lucky to pull it out, which is fair I suppose. T15 really hurt me when he blocked my Tournament -- he needed to have one of two Provinces in a 5-card hand when his deck was 37 cards -- about a 25% chance. And Oasis helps Menagerie but I feel like with 7 Coppers in his deck and Wharves in play, his deck was much more successful than it "should have been."

It's possible that I'm still underestimating his deck, but between this and Game 3 I would play the same strategy again and I'm not yet convinced that I'd be wrong to do so. Now hopefully people can tell me why his decks were able to work the way they were. It's potentially very enlightening to lose to these kinds of decks, but I don't know the takeaway from these two games yet.

Game 6: AI 45, AdamH 30
Kingdom Cards: Beggar, Scrying Pool, Ambassador, Develop, Loan, Market Square, Remodel, Cache, Laboratory, Mine

I just get outplayed here. I think Labs will come online earlier for draw so I go for that over Scrying Pool, but that is not to be since he's able to draw so much more. On my last turn, I make a neat endgame play, which I'm sort of proud of -- with a perfect draw I might have been able to win, but it's not to be.

------

Almost all of these boards I think had a very high skill component, and they were mostly very complex. I'm really happy I got to play a match like this with AI, and I'm honored to be crushed by him.

I entered this tournament with the goal of making the finals. Once I did, I considered it a complete success. To actually make a run this deep is beyond anything I could have imagined when the tournament started and I'm really proud to have made it this far. There's no question in my mind that AI is the strongest player in the tournament and I'm lucky to have been able to play him twice. I learned a lot from the first match and I know I'll learn a lot from this one too, and this is the main reason I join these tournaments in the first place. I got to have what I consider my best moment in my Dominion "career," upsetting SCSN with a Jack-in-an-engine board to finalize a comeback from 0-2. I will never forget that game.

I got to make my mark on the community with an unexpected deep run and I'm honored to be compared to someone like RisingJaguar -- I've never considered myself to be one of the "top players in the world" and I still find it weird whenever people refer to me that way, but after a performance like this I might have to re-evaluate that.

And I had such a blast streaming all of my matches; who knew that you can get such an audience for live-streaming Dominion when I can't even interact with the chat? Reading the chat logs after the match is always a treat for me, seeing how many people show up and seeing their encouragement and criticisms. Maybe it's not fair but I feel like a lot of people were rooting for me just because I was streaming (I rooted for the streamer by default in all the matches I watched) but it was an amazing feeling and I only have the people of this community to thank for it. This tournament has been so enlightening for what people want to see from Dominion streams, and I truly believe they can be successful, particularly for tournament matches.

And so many other people streamed their matches too! I never saw that coming -- I thought I'd be the only one, and Nick would do it just so I wouldn't be. Even Stef streamed a couple of his matches! My weekly streams have been better attended since the start of the tournament, too. I was hopeful that GokoDom would be good for streaming Dominion, but this reception has exceeded my hopes by quite a lot.

I started making Dominion videos in late 2012, and my first videos were of me losing my first round match in the DS2012 Championships. I thought I'd try making videos because I saw Wandering Winder do it and I thought "why not?" I thought maybe I could get better at the game by having people comment on my play. It's been quite a journey since then and I've come a long way, but there's no doubt I'm a better player now than I was then, and there's no doubt that broadcasting Dominion has been a big part of that. I play my best when I'm streaming and focused, just look at my tournament matches.

...so if you've been watching these streams and enjoying them, if you've streamed your matches and didn't hate everything about it, if you just want to get better at playing the game; I hope my success in this tournament will inspire you, in the same way that WW inspired me, to go for it. It's been a lot of time and work I've put into my channels but it's been so rewarding on so many levels.

Finally, I want to thank Kirian for putting these together. Co-modding the tournament, I got to see first-hand the amount of work he puts into these, and to think he didn't have help for the first two GokoDoms! Kirian is the most respected member of the forum and he deserves it. When the tournament is over, I've got something special in store for him (well, it's for everybody) to show my thanks. This is going to be good, I promise ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:01:10 pm by AdamH »

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2014, 02:14:06 pm »
+1

EDIT: After reading the chat, it turns out I probably could have piled Estates to win earlier. I completely missed this!

I said this a lot in the chat, quite vehemently, but the specific thing I described would not have worked, you would have been $2 short. So I was just full of shit, though I think there probably was a way to 3 pile. I never figured out the specific way though because the logs don't track the trash and I don't want to count everything up to reconstruct the game state. It's not as simple as I made it sound in the chat. It's also tougher because AI still had a couple Estates.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2014, 02:16:48 pm »

I said this a lot in the chat, quite vehemently, but the specific thing I described would not have worked, you would have been $2 short. So I was just full of shit, though I think there probably was a way to 3 pile. I never figured out the specific way though because the logs don't track the trash and I don't want to count everything up to reconstruct the game state. It's not as simple as I made it sound in the chat. It's also tougher because AI still had a couple Estates.

This may be true, but I should have been thinking about piling Estates and possibly adjusting my play/buys to make it more possible.

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2014, 02:44:32 pm »

Hello,

do we have the chat saved of this wonderful match? It is such a shame that it was too late for being awake.

By the way, Alan, great first analysis of the match. I enjoyed reading it.

Game 5: AdamH 30, AI 33
Kingdom Cards: Menagerie, Oasis, Philosopher's Stone, Noble Brigand, Pirate Ship, Quarry, Tournament, Merchant Ship, Wharf, Adventurer

Game 5: With the Merchant ship and surely not enough draw you did set yourself up for problems colliding your province with tournament.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:05:14 pm by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2014, 02:51:24 pm »
+1

Hello,

do we have the chat saved of this wonderful match? It is such a shame that it was too late for being awake.

By the way, Alan, great first analysis of the match. I enjoyed reading it.

Should be attached to this post. It's not edited and you can't really synch it up to the video precisely, but this is the best I can do.

EDIT: is this something that people would like to see? I can pretty it up and include it in my write-up for future matches.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 02:53:01 pm by AdamH »

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2014, 03:00:41 pm »

EDIT: is this something that people would like to see? I can pretty it up and include it in my write-up for future matches.

Well, I really admire titandrake's solution of putting the chat on the same recording screen as the game screen. This is especially useful since somebody always is sleeping during a stream :)

However this text format you posted is fine for me (my editor formats it well enough if I ask him to). So thanks.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:41:12 pm by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2014, 03:20:01 pm »

Well, I really admire jsh's solution of putting the chat on the same recording screen as the game screen. This is especially useful since somebody always is sleeping during a stream :)

However this text format you posted is fine for me (my editor formats it well enough if I ask him to). So thanks.

I do this?  Must mean someone else...  That or I'm doing something I'm unaware of
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 21 queries.