Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Greatest Misclicks of 2014  (Read 4490 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Greatest Misclicks of 2014
« on: April 16, 2014, 11:45:12 am »
+11

Shark_Bait started the thread for 2013, but it is 2014 and a new thread has not yet been started.  Until now.....

Situation:  The game is coming to an end. Two provinces remain.  I have the cards and the buys to win.  This is what transpires on what should have been my last turn:

---------- 2.71828.....: turn 20 ----------
[playing cards to draw my whole deck]
2.71828..... - plays Silver
2.71828..... - plays Silver
2.71828..... - plays Copper
2.71828..... - plays Copper
2.71828..... - uses 10 coin tokens
2.71828..... - draws Laboratory, Laboratory
2.71828..... - shuffles deck
2.71828..... - draws Province, Silver, Copper

Yeah, the buy phase disappeared

I played my treasure individually because farmland was in play and I wanted to trash a gold into province, then buy the last province and win the game.  However, if you all remember the layout of the page, you will recall that "play coin tokens" and "play treasures" and "end turn" are all scrunched up together when you have three options, then expand once you only have two.  Here I am, merrily clicking away at my tokens, and click to play what would be an eleventh token (except I don't have eleven tokens) and I end my turn.

Here is the log
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest Misclicks of 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 02:14:31 pm »
+6

I suspect that there will be many more entries this year as all games will be Goko games.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 08:56:49 pm »

eh, i just lost two games against a guy whom i totally outplayed in both of them only to make a stupid mistake and throw everything. in the first one i clicked on end turn instead of play treasures (though i also messed up before that) and in the second one i overpayed a stonemaison for $7 instead of $6 and ended up getting one inn and a stonemaison instead of 2 grand markets and a province.

i then did the only reasonable thing and stopped playing instead of entering the circle of doom and try to gain back my points with continues frustration and progressingly worse play... so i guess i advanced on a personality level, that's something...

http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/static/logprettifier.html?20140424/log.5182cd42e4b05e4ebc88aeed.1398385942979.txt

I'm not sure if i ever lost a game because of missclicks before... usually they just don't happen to me, if i throw games its because of frustration or missplay

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 12:02:38 pm »
+8

Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 12:54:18 pm »

Knowing what was going to happen, based on the thread that video was posted in, watching the whole thing was extremely nervwrecking!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:00:36 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

azadin

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 02:45:00 pm »

<youtube link snipped>

I remember this. I was on the edge of my seat.

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 02:59:58 pm »
+5

AdamH, Turn 14: "I don't see how I can lose the game at this point..."
Perhaps the most famous last words in gaming?  If you had lost that game, I'd consider this an early frontrunner for the title :)
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

Emeric

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Emeric
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 04:34:17 am »
+3

Why when you overpay one potion, the button "end overpay" suddenly grow and go at the place where was the "potion" button ?
So :

Emeric - plays 5 Copper, 1 Potion
Emeric - buys Stonemason
Emeric - overpays for Stonemason with 1 potion
Emeric - gains Stonemason
Emeric - places Alchemist on top of deck
Emeric - draws Alchemist, Alchemist, Estate, Forager, Copper

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 04:54:48 am »
+5

You're lucky there was no Transmute!

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 04:56:13 am »
+4

Why when you overpay one potion, the button "end overpay" suddenly grow and go at the place where was the "potion" button ?
So :

Emeric - plays 5 Copper, 1 Potion
Emeric - buys Stonemason
Emeric - overpays for Stonemason with 1 potion
Emeric - gains Stonemason
Emeric - places Alchemist on top of deck
Emeric - draws Alchemist, Alchemist, Estate, Forager, Copper

That's, in a more general way, one of the biggest problems of the Goko interface.
All buttons should have strict positions. Like, the "End turn" button could always be at the top left of the play area, the "End actions" button could always be on the lower left of the play area. Buttons regarding action cards could be on the right of the play area but, for each action card, each should have its strict positionings as well. If one option is not possible, there should be an empty spot. (Like on the top right could be "Stop overpaying", on the center right could be "Overpay by one more coin" on the lower right could be "Overpay by one more potion". If you don't have any coins, it's like "stop overpaying - empty spot - overpay potion"; if you don't have any potion it's like "stop overpaying - overpay coin - empty spot").
Instead, at the moment, the buttons just slip upwards if certain options are not possible. And while you keep thinking and focus on what you want to do, you don't read the button text.

I've just seen a video of AdamH these days, where he played a Plaza without having a treasure card to discard in his hand. Normally, when you don't want to discard a treasure, on the upper right, there's the "Don't discard treasure" button. But in that case, as Goko scanned the cards in hand figuring there's nothing to discard, there was the "End actions" button instead.

Therefore the current button positioning is not very resilient to user misclicks.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 07:55:01 am by assemble_me »
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 01:21:03 pm »

AdamH, Turn 14: "I don't see how I can lose the game at this point..."
Perhaps the most famous last words in gaming?  If you had lost that game, I'd consider this an early frontrunner for the title :)

If I were superstitious I would stop saying that, but I'm not.

I've just seen a video of AdamH these days, where he played a Plaza without having a treasure card to discard in his hand. Normally, when you don't want to discard a treasure, on the upper right, there's the "Don't discard treasure" button. But in that case, as Goko scanned the cards in hand figuring there's nothing to discard, there was the "End actions" button instead.

I remember that game! It took 45 minutes because Goko was lagging so hard. Ugh, so terrible.

And unfortunately after a few weeks of not having so much Goko lag, I've been having quite a bit of it recently.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 04:22:28 pm »
+1

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20140517/log.515b24b2e4b0ee7f08a5bff0.1400357397014.txt

on turn 13, I set Library aside because I want to draw a squire for buys, but this triggers a reshuffle, one that has 0 libraries in it now. This sets me way back, but once I make it through that terrible shuffle I am behind in points but have a better deck. I make the comeback, and on turn 20, I have 16 and three buys, exactly enough to get a province to take the lead, the last Library, and the last Fishing village, winning the game. I see this, and buy the Province and the Library. My opponent sees what I am doing and says gg. Then I misclick and buy a scheme instead of the fishing village... not ending the game, and he easily wins on his turn.

Doesn't get any more game-changing than that.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.