Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 6089 times)

EgorK

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +74
    • View Profile
Hi there
« on: April 12, 2014, 03:57:54 pm »
+5

Hello!

My name is Egor, I live in St. Petersburg, Russia. I played Dominion first time on team building event at work, then bought base, then Intrigue and then stumbled upon Iso (may it RIP).

I'm working as Software Engineer and my other hobby is competitive programming (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competitive_programming)

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
Re: Hi there
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 04:52:33 pm »

Hi!

Are you by any chance this Egor?
http://community.topcoder.com/tc?module=MemberProfile&cr=14970299

I am also into competitive programming, although I am retired from competing. I just write problems, train people and organize competitions now.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 04:57:16 pm »

Seems this post was bugged

Yes, I'm that Egor as well. And no, no one is too old for this shtuff. And yes, coaching is fun as well, I'll go to Campina Grande in a week to do lectures during training camp
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:16:48 pm by EgorK »

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 01:28:49 pm »
+8

Hi and welcome. I'm sure you'll find these forums to be helpful in every aspect of Dominion and you will surely improve your game in no time. The Dominion Articles are especially helpful and if you haven't checked out the annotated games on youtube you definitely should as it's great to hear and see how some of the top players analyze a board and meticulously play the game. Anyway, let us know if you have any questions and we'll see you around.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 03:13:56 pm »

Hi and welcome. I'm sure you'll find these forums to be helpful in every aspect of Dominion and you will surely improve your game in no time. The Dominion Articles are especially helpful and if you haven't checked out the annotated games on youtube you definitely should as it's great to hear and see how some of the top players analyze a board and meticulously play the game. Anyway, let us know if you have any questions and we'll see you around.

That was nice try ;)

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 06:29:13 pm »

Yes, I'm that Egor as well. And no, no one is too old for this shtuff. And yes, coaching is fun as well, I'll go to Campina Grande in a week to do lectures during training camp

Oh, nice. I lectured there for a training camp back in 2011. They are probably a lot better now, so lecturing will be a harder challenge for you. I hope it goes well.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 03:36:01 pm »
+3

That was nice try ;)

And it still worked. Oh well

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 10:55:24 am »

BTW, I just came across this: http://community.topcoder.com/pl/?&module=Static&d1=google05&d2=advWinners

If "Egor" in that list is you, apparently we were quite "close" once.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 09:15:31 am »

BTW, I just came across this: http://community.topcoder.com/pl/?&module=Static&d1=google05&d2=advWinners

If "Egor" in that list is you, apparently we were quite "close" once.

Yes, that's also me, my first onsite competition. I was so excited to be in top25 :)

By the way, have you heard about OpenCup? It is series of semi-online (which mean each team should participate from some pre-registered location, usually campus of local univercity) team competitions. Сurrently South American region is represented only by UFCG, so more teams would be very welcome

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 09:34:27 am »

By the way, have you heard about OpenCup? It is series of semi-online (which mean each team should participate from some pre-registered location, usually campus of local univercity) team competitions. Сurrently South American region is represented only by UFCG, so more teams would be very welcome

I have heard only briefly, but we are currently organizing two phases of ICPC plus a training camp in my university (my department, actually), so there is no much room for more. Thanks for the invite.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 09:54:23 am »

I have heard only briefly, but we are currently organizing two phases of ICPC plus a training camp in my university (my department, actually), so there is no much room for more. Thanks for the invite.

Well, all is needed is providing some place for teams to participate from - tasks and judging system are provided. Think about it, next season will start in august I think

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 12:13:32 pm »

By the way, any chance to see you in Ekaterinburg on WF?

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 09:37:12 am »

I have a room and the money for the trip is approved by the government, but I did not receive it yet due to bureaucracy being slow. When I receive it, if it is still enough to buy the plain ticket, I will do it and be there. I am going as part of the regional organization, not with a team. Are you a coach or organizer? BTW, are you close enough to bring some Dominion cards? I would be happy to play.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 01:03:07 pm »

I have a room and the money for the trip is approved by the government, but I did not receive it yet due to bureaucracy being slow. When I receive it, if it is still enough to buy the plain ticket, I will do it and be there. I am going as part of the regional organization, not with a team. Are you a coach or organizer? BTW, are you close enough to bring some Dominion cards? I would be happy to play.

I'll be with ICPC Live as analyst

Yes, I'll bring my base and 3 xpacs, through base and intrigue are in Russian. I think we'll still be able to play (with Petr, yes, that Petr, as 3rd player)

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 01:19:39 pm »

Yes, I'll bring my base and 3 xpacs, through base and intrigue are in Russian. I think we'll still be able to play (with Petr, yes, that Petr, as 3rd player)

At this point, I know all the cards by the picture. As long as there is no rule difference due to translation, we should be fine. Nice, now I am looking forward to go.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 05:27:49 pm »

At this point, I know all the cards by the picture. As long as there is no rule difference due to translation, we should be fine. Nice, now I am looking forward to go.

Oh my. I remebered about this only after I opened my suitcase at home and took out Dominion. Pity we had not met, but at days I was busy as analytic and at evenings we just watched football

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 02:16:56 am »

Oh my. I remebered about this only after I opened my suitcase at home and took out Dominion. Pity we had not met, but at days I was busy as analytic and at evenings we just watched football

Same here. Don't worry about that. I am in Moscow now (only until tomorrow).

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 02:27:03 am »

Same here. Don't worry about that. I am in Moscow now (only until tomorrow).

And I am living in St. Petersburg (and is at the moment). Well, let's hope we'll finally play at Morocco

Cas Liber

• Swindler
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 07:50:54 am »

We started with Intrigue/Base...I think got prosperity next...loved Colonies/platinums and always use them. I think my most enjoyable sets after that are dark ages and hinterlands....
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.