Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Signups Season 1  (Read 51987 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
Re: Signups Season 1
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2014, 04:53:17 am »

I've begun to realise that I have some serious internet issues at the moment. I have a possible solution in mind I'm going to try out which I expect will fix things, but if I can't get that to work, I may need to drop out since I'll end up probably disconnecting from quite a few games.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2014, 09:38:32 am »
+1

Man I hate to ignore this board, but damn if that isn't a ton of threads...
That's what you say, and all you had to do is ignore them...  :o

He's talking (I think) about the fact that the scheduling threads really clutter up the "unread posts" page if you keep up with the forum that way. It's annoying because you can only ignore entire boards or sub-boards (to stop them from displaying in unread posts), but not specific threads themselves (if someone knows of a way, please speak up!). It just makes it harder to follow the Dominion League threads that are "important".

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2014, 10:26:47 am »

I've begun to realise that I have some serious internet issues at the moment. I have a possible solution in mind I'm going to try out which I expect will fix things, but if I can't get that to work, I may need to drop out since I'll end up probably disconnecting from quite a few games.

As it turns out the solution I had (plugging in an ethernet cable) not only failed to work, but also set me back around £8.50 AND seems to have made the problem worse. I can probably return the cable at least (since I don't actually need it) but it probably means it'd be best for me to withdraw from the tournament for now, since I lose connection pretty frequently nowadays.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2014, 02:43:22 pm »
+1

He's talking (I think) about the fact that the scheduling threads really clutter up the "unread posts" page if you keep up with the forum that way. It's annoying because you can only ignore entire boards or sub-boards (to stop them from displaying in unread posts), but not specific threads themselves (if someone knows of a way, please speak up!). It just makes it harder to follow the Dominion League threads that are "important".

What I've done is ignore this board but subscribe to the A group thread using the "Notify" function at the top right. This way none of the threads will show up under unread posts, but I'll get an e-mail notification when there are unread posts.

Stef could potentially "fix" the problem by creating a separate subforum for each group so that you can ignore all but your own. However, that's a lot of work and I'm not even sure whether it would be an improvement overall.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2014, 02:08:03 pm »

What I've done is ignore this board but subscribe to the A group thread using the "Notify" function at the top right. This way none of the threads will show up under unread posts, but I'll get an e-mail notification when there are unread posts.

Stef could potentially "fix" the problem by creating a separate subforum for each group so that you can ignore all but your own. However, that's a lot of work and I'm not even sure whether it would be an improvement overall.

I think that putting the scheduling in its own sub forum, which is easy to ignore while still watching the more general threads, is the perfect solution, and has already been implemented!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

FirstTimePlayer

• Swindler
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2014, 08:51:17 pm »

FirstTimePlayer on goko

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2014, 06:19:13 am »
+1

FirstTimePlayer on goko

Hi, if you're interested, then Season 1 has already started (it's week 3 of matches), but you can sign up for the next season here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=11190.0- it starts on 6th July apparently.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.