Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Procession -> Coppersmith  (Read 1730 times)

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
Procession -> Coppersmith
« on: April 12, 2014, 05:37:45 am »

If I play Procession targeting Coppersmith, do coppers produce +2 or +0 as a result?  The online game behaved oddly when I tried it tonight.  Normally when Coppersmith is played, the number on copper cards in hand increases immediately.  But when I processed the Coppersmith, it stayed at 1.  I played another Coppersmith (just normal, no Procession) the same turn and the numbers still didn't change.  But then when I hit my buy phase and played all those coppers, they were worth $4 at that point.  So is that just a display bug, and the coppers ultimately had the correct value of $4; or an actual gameplay bug, i.e. the coppers should've been worth only $2 because the double-played Coppersmith was trashed? 
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

Aidan Millow

• Bishop
  • Respect: +116
    • View Profile
Re: Procession -> Coppersmith
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 05:57:35 am »
+2

Display bug, coppersmith is independent on it being in play.

dfishman

• Pawn
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 06:15:12 am »

Strictly speaking, I think it's a display oddity, in that the coppers never change value until you end your Action phase. You don't notice this for a while because usually the coppersmiths are the last thing you play anyway.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 08:35:37 am »
+4

Strictly speaking, I think it's a display oddity, in that the coppers never change value until you end your Action phase.

It's not true that Coppers don't change value until the end of your action phase. If you play Coppersmith and Black Market and then play Coppers during your action phase you still get the extra +$1 for them.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.