Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: I just got engaged!  (Read 48923 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
Re: I just got engaged!
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2014, 09:34:58 am »
+3

On a side note, the respect system we have here at f.ds has made me apathetic to Facebook "likes". Why should I care about something that doesn't accumulate and whose total is not shown next to my avatar or something? It's a good thing likes aren't recorded that way, actually. One less thing for people to obsess about.

I think +1s here are overrated as an accumulated measure, especially when most of it comes from memes. I would prefer to not have accumulated respect showing next to the avatar, so +1s can serve for saying "I agree" in a concise manner. In a forum I used to participate in, and admin specifically say they avoided giving stats about how many +1s (or -1s, which said forum had) a given user had, precisely to avoid +1s becoming an evaluation of a user instead of a post.

Man, that +X by my name is the only thing that makes me feel good about life.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2014, 09:49:03 am »

Man, that +X by my name is the only thing that makes me feel good about life.

I would suggest a change of username. Better than cocaine.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2014, 10:06:24 am »

On a side note, the respect system we have here at f.ds has made me apathetic to Facebook "likes". Why should I care about something that doesn't accumulate and whose total is not shown next to my avatar or something? It's a good thing likes aren't recorded that way, actually. One less thing for people to obsess about.

I think +1s here are overrated as an accumulated measure, especially when most of it comes from memes. I would prefer to not have accumulated respect showing next to the avatar, so +1s can serve for saying "I agree" in a concise manner. In a forum I used to participate in, and admin specifically say they avoided giving stats about how many +1s (or -1s, which said forum had) a given user had, precisely to avoid +1s becoming an evaluation of a user instead of a post.
I wouldn't say they're overrated. It's a well known fact that most respect comes from jokes and hosting tournaments. It's a good measure for how funny your jokes are. Ironically, having a low post-to-respect ratio could be an indication that you predominantly post serious stuff, like Dominion analysis.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2014, 10:20:08 am »

I wouldn't say they're overrated. It's a well known fact that most respect comes from jokes and hosting tournaments. It's a good measure for how funny your jokes are. Ironically, having a low post-to-respect ratio could be an indication that you predominantly post serious stuff, like Dominion analysis.

There are people who upvote good Dominion analysis.  Good dominion analysis can easily garner a 1:1 ratio.  Jokes/memes are just easier to get that 1:1 ratio.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2014, 10:22:39 am »
+3

There are people who upvote good Dominion analysis.  Good dominion analysis can easily garner a 1:1 ratio.  Jokes/memes are just easier to get that 1:1 ratio.

Threatening to eat people that don't upvote you with a scary avatar gets you to that 3:2 ratio.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2014, 10:24:43 am »
+25

This thread is really derailing. To keep things on topic: I got engaged.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2014, 11:20:22 am »
+2

Threatening to eat people that don't upvote you with a scary avatar gets you to that 3:2 ratio.

Fish are friends, not food
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2014, 01:14:23 pm »
+8

Ok, ok, you people are obviously just doing it for the free respect at this point.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

silvern

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +170
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2014, 08:15:08 pm »
+10

Ok, ok, you people are obviously just doing it for the free respect at this point.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2014, 02:17:11 am »
+5

You know me. I'm all about that respect. ;) I got engaged for real, though. To the reigning swedish Dominion champion.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2014, 03:51:19 am »
+3

You know me. I'm all about that respect. ;) I got engaged for real, though. To the reigning swedish Dominion champion.

Securing a formidable opponent for life, eh? My sincere congratulations! ;D 
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2014, 04:04:27 am »
+4

Just think about the champions they'll breed in the future.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2014, 04:06:59 am »
+7

Wait, are you a Lamarckian eeveelutionist?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2014, 04:09:00 am »
+2

Falling in love with a true competitor like that is something I'm personally waiting for. Congrats!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2014, 04:28:42 am »
+5

We've talked about this. If they don't get at least nearly perfect IV's, we'll just release them. :)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2014, 09:09:42 am »
+1

Wait, are you a Lamarckian eeveelutionist?
I would imagine Pokemon undergo Lamarckian rather than Darwinian evolution...
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2014, 09:48:55 am »

You can't both post in this thread and get respect.  That's double-dipping.

SK

• Baron
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2014, 12:26:43 pm »

Good for you Robz! Gee, wish I had friends.

…and a life…

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12839
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2014, 12:35:59 pm »
+4

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2014, 11:35:55 pm »
+2

Good for you Robz! Gee, wish I had friends.

…and a life…

You've joined the f.ds forum games community. Now you have both!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10736
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2014, 01:18:15 am »
+7

I got engaged too!!  :D :D :D

It was almost 4 years ago, and I've now been married for over 3 years, but still, I really did get engaged!!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2014, 04:30:05 am »
+2

I got engaged too!!  :D :D :D

It was almost 4 years ago, and I've now been married for over 3 years, but still, I really did get engaged!!

I got engaged too!

If we join the line of time at plus infinity and minus infinity, time becomes periodic, and future and past become one and the same, modulo some length of time. So if I get engaged in the future, then I got engaged already!
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

SK

• Baron
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2014, 09:30:14 am »
+2

I did the opposite. Just got dumped.  :( :( :( :( :(

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2014, 09:37:56 am »
+1

:( Come play dominion with me. We can be single together.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2014, 09:55:15 am »
+4

Sorry to hear that bro.  It sucks when it happens but truly, each past relationship I had in some way shaped me to be the person who I am today.  They made me capable of loving my wife as she needed to be loved and prepared me to be the person for her.

So yeah, getting dumped is not fun ever.  But take time to heal and let what you learn shape future relationships.

And listen to KingZog and play Dominion.  :)
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.