Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: chapel-Knights-colony  (Read 1528 times)

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
chapel-Knights-colony
« on: April 10, 2014, 12:01:23 am »

This was my first Chapel-Knights-Colony game.

We both opened Chapel-Baker with 4/3 splits. The only buy on the board was Sir Martin and, potentially, Cities. He won the Knight Split and eventually had Natalie, Sylvia, Martin, and Anna while I had only Baker and a few Golds. He was playing multiple Knights per turn, so my only hope was to go for Platina and Colonies, which Knights can't hit, so I did. He greened too late, despite having a decent engine, and I pulled out the win in a crazy game.

http://www.andrewiannaccone.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140409/log.5079abc80cf28ed55d9d769a.1397101887697.txt

JacquesTheBard

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile
Re: chapel-Knights-colony
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 01:55:59 am »

Given that your opponent's deck was empty, why didn't you trash the estates with chapel on turn 8 instead of playing a useless Dame Josephine?

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 02:43:23 am »

Because I wasn't paying attention; that's also why I miscounted and used 2 coin tokens to buy a copper on turn 12. Probably i didn't deserve to win this one  ???

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3191
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 09:15:20 am »

colony + knights weird, and i haven't figured it out yet. the problem is that a) it doesn't happen often and b) if it does, you can't know for sure what's really better, because of the knights coinflippiness. last time it happened i went for knights and my opponent rushed plat. i lost, but i think he had plenty of luck. dunno.

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 11:23:44 am »

This was my first Chapel-Knights-Colony game.

We both opened Chapel-Baker with 4/3 splits. The only buy on the board was Sir Martin and, potentially, Cities. He won the Knight Split and eventually had Natalie, Sylvia, Martin, and Anna while I had only Baker and a few Golds. He was playing multiple Knights per turn, so my only hope was to go for Platina and Colonies, which Knights can't hit, so I did. He greened too late, despite having a decent engine, and I pulled out the win in a crazy game.

There is also contraband as +buy that could work as there are several interesting 5's. I would also save 2 coin tokens and buy silver instead josephine.

I do not think that opponent had decent engine, it looks more like Don Quixote deck (aka village idiot 2.0). On turn 15 his deck is

1   Chapel
1   Dame Anna
1   Dame Molly
1   Dame Sylvia
1   Sir Martin
1   Gold

As only draw is library or city trying to build engine that buys more that single colony looks too slow. Also as chapels reduced decks to 5 cards and knigth will likely trash 6th baker is little better than copper.

I am surprised that it took so long to get platinum, when you trash to 5 card hand you could for example on turn 12 trash sir vander for gold, on turn 13 trash silver gain gold and platinum on turn 14, problem is with timing.

I also would not buy that many knights as opponent could buy sir michael.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.