Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The most uninteresting board I ever played  (Read 2281 times)

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
The most uninteresting board I ever played
« on: April 03, 2014, 07:23:46 pm »

Code: [Select]
Native Village, Fishing Village, Advisor, Caravan, Feast, Quarry, Sea Hag, Walled Village, Cache, Ill-Gotten Gains
Seriously  ;D It was basically played as autopilot. The only time where I had a decision to make, it was when curse pile was empty and I had $5 : Cache, Duchy or Silver ?
I choosed Cache.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:25:15 pm by brokoli »

matste

• Scout
  • Respect: +67
    • View Profile
Re: The most uninteresting board I ever played
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 02:40:41 pm »
+1

Well, I remember that I made a mistake in turn 13. I should have bought IGG. I hoped to give you the last curse  through my Sea Hag (I knew she was coming). Somehow I forgot you could buy the IGG yourself.

Also, I think we both bought too many Caravans. This makes the Kingdom look even more boring.

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20140403/log.517265f6e4b054fd071e3c90.1396564351671.txt

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 03:08:08 pm »
+1

I think I just play single Sea Hag BM here, and look for IGGs. In this Kingdom, Caravan is going to be strictly worse than Silver for a long time, if not the whole game. Cache is decent on $5, probably only after the Curses are out--before that, you would want IGG.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 03:25:03 pm »

Plenty of ways to misplay that one when you factor in fishing villages, feasts, caravans, native village, and the iggs, cache. I suspect you were a long way off optimum play.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:37:58 pm by DG »

BadAssMutha

• Bishop
  • Respect: +119
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 04:31:53 pm »

I see how you could autopilot this game, with Silver on $3, Caravan on $4, IGG on $5, Gold on $6-7, and Province on $8. That said, I think there are a couple of interesting decisions, like the possibility of getting a Feast instead of more Caravans in order to win the curse split. It could also help on Duchies. Matse declines an IGG copper with $4 a couple of times, when he should have taken it to buy another IGG. Late in the game, Cache could possibly be better than Gold, too. I have definitely played boards that were much more uninteresting.

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 06:03:57 pm »

Ok, I'll admit, it was more boring that uninteresting. Caravan was still the only mistake I've made. But so much worse than silver really ? I guess it depends on money density and deck-cycling.

I'm interested to know why you think Cache could be better than gold, late game. Actually, I hesitated a lot before going for Cache. I wasn't sure what it could add to my deck.

Triumph44

• Salvager
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 04:15:38 pm »

Ok, I'll admit, it was more boring that uninteresting. Caravan was still the only mistake I've made. But so much worse than silver really ? I guess it depends on money density and deck-cycling.

I'm interested to know why you think Cache could be better than gold, late game. Actually, I hesitated a lot before going for Cache. I wasn't sure what it could add to my deck.

Money density, again.  Imagine a theoretical deck of 20 cards where 8 are curses and 12 are coppers, so each of your cards is worth 0.6 money.  You buy a Gold (hey, don't ask how, your opponent used Soothsayer on you), which brings your money density up to 15/21.  Or you buy a Cache, which brings it to 17/23.  If you're buying Victory cards and your deck is pretty garbage already, you're really going to want to get to 5, and those added Coppers might help you there.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.