Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15  All

Author Topic: BM16: Rainbow Mafia (Game over! Blue/Yellow win!)  (Read 46076 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: BM16: Rainbow Mafia (Day One!)
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2014, 12:39:01 am »

Well I, for one, am now torn between Axxle and scott pilgrim.  scott's triggering some "wat" moments for me, but Axxle's really hopping on the s_p bandwagon hard.  Does his wincon need scott to die?  Is he trying to paint a picture that the mod has lied and black-aligned players don't die after all?

I'm confused.  Are you confusing me and Scott?
probs
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2014, 01:22:25 am »

Well I, for one, am now torn between Axxle and scott pilgrim.  scott's triggering some "wat" moments for me, but Axxle's really hopping on the s_p bandwagon hard.  Does his wincon need scott to die?  Is he trying to paint a picture that the mod has lied and black-aligned players don't die after all?

I'm confused.  Are you confusing me and Scott?
probs

Well, I was right that scott was triggering my wat moments, but wrong that Axxle was spazzing on him.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2014, 01:34:15 am »

I just realized something. This may not be true for everyone, but if no one were to die all game I would probably meet my wincon. If everyone were to vote no lynch for the rest of the game everyone in my faction would probably win.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2014, 01:41:55 am »

I just realized something. This may not be true for everyone, but if no one were to die all game I would probably meet my wincon. If everyone were to vote no lynch for the rest of the game everyone in my faction would probably win.

vote: Jorbles

We must not be the same wincon...Although I guess it's possible you're making some assumptions about the game that I'm not.

Also, yeah I realize that what I said earlier didn't make any sense, I'm not sure why that would make me scummy though.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2014, 07:21:47 am »

He first tries to start mail-mi wagon (quite successfully) and then says he is pacifist. Strange for me

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2014, 09:40:35 am »

He first tries to start mail-mi wagon (quite successfully) and then says he is pacifist. Strange for me

I believe the "Mail-Mi wagon" was just RVS stuff, so I don't know if anything can be drawn from that.

So people must have different win-cons (aside from just the difference in color); I don't believe that what Jorbles said holds for me.   

I'm beginning to think the most likely situation is that there are uncolored players that are like "SK"s and turn people black, or each/some factions have a player with an ability to "night kill" and turn someone black.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2014, 09:59:54 am »

Vote: Jorbles
Your win condition is different then mine.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2014, 10:10:43 am »

I don't know if we should be jumping on the win-con thing.  People could have different win conditions of the same color.  It could be that there are "types" of win-cons (say, Type A, Type B, Type C, etc.) as well as different colors (Color 1, Color 2, ...).  It could be organized as:

Color 1 Type A
Color 1 Type B
Color 2 Type A
Color 2 Type B

So a different win-con could still be on the same team.  On the other hand, it could also be that all of Color 1 have Type A con, all of Color 2 have Type B con, etc.

Or, the different win-con could imply a more "third party" type role.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2014, 10:11:30 am »

What's your win-con?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2014, 10:14:59 am »

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2014, 10:19:19 am »

Whoa whoa, just because our wincons are different doesn't mean we can't win together. Why is everyone so gungho for lynching me all of a sudden?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2014, 10:21:40 am »

Unless of course your wincons are more like "Only your faction can be alive at the end of the game" and you're a different colour from me or something like that. In which case, carry on.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2014, 10:41:01 am »

What's your win-con?
I don't know if I should claim yet. Let's just say that I need to keep the people of my same color alive.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2014, 10:52:23 am »

What's your win-con?
I don't know if I should claim yet. Let's just say that I need to keep the people of my same color alive.

Same for me. I don't specifically need to kill threats to win though.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2014, 11:34:31 am »

I'm kind of blue at the idea of lynching Jorbles, since he doesn't feel like a particularly scummy read to me.

Are you guys sure you don't want to vote: scott_pilgrim?  He's giving off the bad vibes for me.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2014, 11:34:50 am »

(And yes, this time I confirmed I am not confusing him with WW)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2014, 11:36:06 am »

I'm kind of blue at the idea of lynching Jorbles, since he doesn't feel like a particularly scummy read to me.

Are you guys sure you don't want to vote: scott_pilgrim?  He's giving off the bad vibes for me.

I don't see it.  What did he do?

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2014, 12:12:30 pm »

I don't know if we should be jumping on the win-con thing.  People could have different win conditions of the same color.  It could be that there are "types" of win-cons (say, Type A, Type B, Type C, etc.) as well as different colors (Color 1, Color 2, ...).

Yeah I had considered this as well, but I think it's a lot more likely that people on the same team have the same wincon.

Whoa whoa, just because our wincons are different doesn't mean we can't win together. Why is everyone so gungho for lynching me all of a sudden?

Well at least for me, lynching anyone not of my color is beneficial for my wincon.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2014, 12:15:31 pm »

I don't know if we should be jumping on the win-con thing.  People could have different win conditions of the same color.  It could be that there are "types" of win-cons (say, Type A, Type B, Type C, etc.) as well as different colors (Color 1, Color 2, ...).

Yeah I had considered this as well, but I think it's a lot more likely that people on the same team have the same wincon.

I'm leaning the other direction.  For some reason I think there is some symmetry going on.  Though maybe that's just me thinking how I would have organized it. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2014, 12:16:07 pm »

Well, the other reason is, if each color team had different win cons, and everyone of the same color had the same win con, it might be hard to balance them so that it's fair.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2014, 12:31:33 pm »

Well at least for me, lynching anyone not of my color is beneficial for my wincon.

So then it behooves you to know what colors people are, so you don't lynch somebody with your color.  Interesting.

Care to color claim so we know which color we need to watch out for?

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2014, 12:37:26 pm »

So then it behooves you to know what colors people are, so you don't lynch somebody with your color.  Interesting.

Care to color claim so we know which color we need to watch out for?

No...I assumed most people would like to lynch players of different colors, which is why I assumed earlier that no one would want to claim color.

Also, what do you mean by "know which color to watch out for"?  Do you know other players' colors?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2014, 12:52:02 pm »

Well, I was running on the "different colors have different wincons" assumption, and since your color needs people that aren't your color lynched, I figured anybody your color wants that, making your color the "Mafia" variant of this game.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2014, 01:31:54 pm »

Well, I was running on the "different colors have different wincons" assumption, and since your color needs people that aren't your color lynched, I figured anybody your color wants that, making your color the "Mafia" variant of this game.

Yeah but I'm asking how will you know when you find a player of my color?  I guess you're saying if other people will claim their colors later?  But I'm also not sure why I (or others of my color after I've claimed) wouldn't just lie, maybe I claim your color (by coincidence) and then you assume you were wrong and that people of the same color can have different wincons.  If I claim color X then maybe people start assuming X is bad, and the people who actually are X lie about their color to protect themselves, and then nobody has any idea whose team anyone is on.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2014, 02:19:03 pm »

Yeah but I'm asking how will you know when you find a player of my color?  I guess you're saying if other people will claim their colors later?  But I'm also not sure why I (or others of my color after I've claimed) wouldn't just lie, maybe I claim your color (by coincidence) and then you assume you were wrong and that people of the same color can have different wincons.  If I claim color X then maybe people start assuming X is bad, and the people who actually are X lie about their color to protect themselves, and then nobody has any idea whose team anyone is on.
There are more colors that you aren't than colors that you are. You have more enemies than you have friends.  We're basically all 'scum' because of that. You shouldn't want to claim in that situation.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.