Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15  All

Author Topic: BM16: Rainbow Mafia (Game over! Blue/Yellow win!)  (Read 46116 times)

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
Re: BM16: Rainbow Mafia (Day One!)
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2014, 10:01:15 pm »

Well (admitting I have a color here), from what I understand, each color's wincon is different. But at the same time, it seems like there is a separate faction with the power to turn people black--thereby killing them on a subsequent day.

Claiming would be interesting here. Some people have already done so in various qt's (mostly in the "everyone" one I think). Barring knowing who your allies are, it seems like hunting for the scum who can kill/blacken people might be a good idea. There's just so little to go on. . .
So do you think we should reveal our 'true colors?'

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2014, 10:08:05 pm »

Well (admitting I have a color here), from what I understand, each color's wincon is different. But at the same time, it seems like there is a separate faction with the power to turn people black--thereby killing them on a subsequent day.

Claiming would be interesting here. Some people have already done so in various qt's (mostly in the "everyone" one I think). Barring knowing who your allies are, it seems like hunting for the scum who can kill/blacken people might be a good idea. There's just so little to go on. . .
So do you think we should reveal our 'true colors?'

Lol. There have been a lot of good jokes here ;D

Well other people have said they don't think it's a good idea. It's possible (maybe even likely) that the member(s) of the evil faction do not know who their fellow members are--if they even have any fellow members--because it could just be one person. In which case, us all claiming might hurt us. But then again, probably not, since the people with the power to blacken others would fakeclaim as well.

Aside from that, I don't see what harm claiming color could do. Aside from the evil faction (which may even have a real color), I don't see any motivation to fake claim. And it would help people to not lynch members of their own faction.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2014, 11:32:16 pm »

Well I don't think anyone wants to be the first to claim their color.  I mean if everyone else claimed their color I would claim mine because I would probably get lynched for not claiming my color, but if like, four people claim their color and then the rest refuse, we couldn't punish those who didn't claim, and now those who did claim are probably in the more vulnerable position.  So you wouldn't want to be one of those four, so why would you claim.  I mean I wouldn't complain if other people wanted to claim first, but I wouldn't necessarily join unless the majority claimed first, and I would expect others to do the same, meaning no one would claim at all.  But I think the QT roles that we've already seen used (and slipped) are good for that, so that small groups of people can claim to each other.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2014, 11:35:03 pm »

Another thought, maybe the Black team starts small and they have an ability like "target one player and name a color; if you correctly guess that player's alignment, they become black", like a nerfed cult.  I mean I guess generally mods try to make sure that early claiming hurts players more than it helps, I expect that to be the case here.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2014, 11:39:53 pm »

Another thought, maybe the Black team starts small and they have an ability like "target one player and name a color; if you correctly guess that player's alignment, they become black", like a nerfed cult.  I mean I guess generally mods try to make sure that early claiming hurts players more than it helps, I expect that to be the case here.

Black team can't be a "team".  Black-aligned players die at the start of every day.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2014, 11:44:36 pm »

Black team can't be a "team".  Black-aligned players die at the start of every day.
ha. Please vote this guy everyone. He's part of the black qt.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2014, 11:46:32 pm »

What? ww's comment made total sense to me. It wouldn't work if a whole faction started out only able to live until tomorrow.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2014, 11:47:54 pm »

What? ww's comment made total sense to me. It wouldn't work if a whole faction started out only able to live until tomorrow.
if we assume aggressive recruiting its possible, especially with a 4 day deadline.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2014, 11:49:18 pm »

Okay, well, it looks like we're into the "real" stage of the game, so I'm going to Vote: Axxle, for this:

vote:  Witherweaver

I have mod confirmation that he's scum.

Please define scum. I am unsure how scum is defined this game.
he is associated with the black color in some way

Nothing in my PM says anything about the black color.  So I have a few possible conclusions: (1) Axxle investigated me during the pre-game night and found I was a different color than him, so he's trying to get people to go along by saying I'm black, (2) Axxle is making this up for some reason, (3) Axxle's win-con leads him to want to get anyone lynched, regardless of color, and he thought I was the easiest target, or (4) Axxle has an investigative role that gave false or misleading information.

I guess (3) is a subset of (2).

I'm more inclined to think (1), though (3) might make sense.

PPE 3

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2014, 11:50:13 pm »

if we assume aggressive recruiting its possible, especially with a 4 day deadline.

I don't follow at all.  Did you miss the mod's clarification that black-aligned players die every morning?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2014, 11:50:34 pm »

Like those who are black are working hard to turn other people black during the night, and those people will then die the following day, but they will first turn other people black?

I had never thought of that before. Hmm.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2014, 11:50:49 pm »

"the black qt"?  I was not aware there was a black qt.  How do you know about one?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2014, 11:52:20 pm »

I don't follow at all.  Did you miss the mod's clarification that black-aligned players die every morning?
yes

I should clarify something with the mod

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2014, 11:52:42 pm »

"the black qt"?  I was not aware there was a black qt.  How do you know about one?
it has to do with my role.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2014, 11:55:14 pm »

Like those who are black are working hard to turn other people black during the night, and those people will then die the following day, but they will first turn other people black?

That doesn't seem to quite work... if there are, say, 2 black players, and they can make, say, 1 player black during the night, then 3 black players die the next morning.  And no one else is black. 

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2014, 11:57:32 pm »

That doesn't seem to quite work... if there are, say, 2 black players, and they can make, say, 1 player black during the night, then 3 black players die the next morning.  And no one else is black.

Yes, you're right. It wouldn't matter if they were changed during the night, they would still all die the next morning. Well scratch that then. I was just trying to make sense of what Axxle was saying. But it sounds like he missed the part about black-aligned players dying the next morning.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2014, 12:21:44 am »

Well I, for one, am now torn between Axxle and scott pilgrim.  scott's triggering some "wat" moments for me, but Axxle's really hopping on the s_p bandwagon hard.  Does his wincon need scott to die?  Is he trying to paint a picture that the mod has lied and black-aligned players don't die after all?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2014, 12:24:00 am »

Well I, for one, am now torn between Axxle and scott pilgrim.  scott's triggering some "wat" moments for me, but Axxle's really hopping on the s_p bandwagon hard.  Does his wincon need scott to die?  Is he trying to paint a picture that the mod has lied and black-aligned players don't die after all?

Isn't Axxle attacking Witherweaver?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2014, 12:27:13 am »

vote: Scott

Chairs is right.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2014, 12:27:53 am »

I misread some things on my role, no longer suspect ww.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2014, 12:28:51 am »

Chairs is right.

Oh. Guess I totally missed that one then. :-[

PPE: Ok. But you were suspicious of ww because of the confusion over black aligned players dying the next morning?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2014, 12:35:07 am »

Care to enlighten us?  I think a lot of us are pretty lost here.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2014, 12:37:32 am »

Chairs is right.

Oh. Guess I totally missed that one then. :-[

PPE: Ok. But you were suspicious of ww because of the confusion over black aligned players dying the next morning?
No chairs was wrong before I made that post but became right because I made it.

I was suspicious of ww because of my role results but that's because I assumed something that's clearly not true.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2014, 12:38:18 am »

I'm confused.  Are you confusing me and Scott?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2014, 12:38:45 am »

Care to enlighten us?  I think a lot of us are pretty lost here.
not unless I claim more. You can just ignore it. I'm treating you the same as any player at this point (maybe even more town as things have cleared up)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15  All

Page created in 2.478 seconds with 20 queries.