Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Interesting Kingdom, All 5$ with GREAT support  (Read 2033 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
Interesting Kingdom, All 5$ with GREAT support
« on: March 30, 2014, 06:04:49 pm »

OK, I haven played for like 6+ months and am slowly getting back.

This seemed like quite an interesting Kingdom:

Code: [Select]
University, Procession, Counting House, Graverobber, Ill-Gotten Gains, Jester, Treasury, Vault, Witch, King's Court

Thoughts? Strategy?

(Here is how it went: http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20140330/log.507c07d751c30da02a09cd1f.1396216914885.txt )
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 06:06:24 pm by Grujah »

terminalCopper

• Explorer
  • Respect: +758
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Kingdom, All 5$ with GREAT support
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 06:44:07 pm »

I think university is too slow, as you want to get regularly to $5 with your own money, not only at T7 with university. I'd go for two witches, maybe some IGG's or later vaults. Sure, University->Treasury + Graverobber/KingsCourt is a thing, but I'd fear that my deck gets flooded by an opponent going for witches asap.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 08:56:46 pm »

IGG and Witch, no trashing to speak of, no +buy, the only village is Uni.  While I'm sure there are some shenanigans available with KC, I think rushing IGG is going to be viable as well.  Or perhaps one Witch, then IGGs.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 09:33:27 pm »
+1

IGG and Witch, no trashing to speak of, no +buy, the only village is Uni.  While I'm sure there are some shenanigans available with KC, I think rushing IGG is going to be viable as well.  Or perhaps one Witch, then IGGs.

Isn't the IGG rush much weaker with a real curser in the kingdom? The IGG's become a crap buy once the curses are out, so if you're looking for three-pile you need another option.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 09:50:29 pm »

If not for the flood of curses you can't really deal with, there are some fun tricks that could be done here. Uni picks up $5s for graverobber to turn into provinces. Procession-KC shenanigans for a mass province turn maybe. Who needs +buy. Unfortunately, I don't see how the engine player could compete with the influx of curses from a witch/IGG curse spam.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 09:53:54 pm »

If not for the flood of curses you can't really deal with, there are some fun tricks that could be done here. Uni picks up $5s for graverobber to turn into provinces. Procession-KC shenanigans for a mass province turn maybe. Who needs +buy. Unfortunately, I don't see how the engine player could compete with the influx of curses from a witch/IGG curse spam.
Well, that and Procession only gains actions, so those shenanigans aren't that impressive.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 10:01:10 pm »

Well, that and Procession only gains actions, so those shenanigans aren't that impressive.

Doot doo doo, don't mind me. Nothing to see here. Move along.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 03:33:04 am »

Isn't the IGG rush much weaker with a real curser in the kingdom? The IGG's become a crap buy once the curses are out, so if you're looking for three-pile you need another option.

While the traditional IGG-Duchy rush is weaker, it doesn't mean you can't buy IGGs to tip the curse split in your favour. 

I think I would try IGG-Counting House without the Witch.  Maybe not the best, but it's fun and pretty decent.  You can gain copper with IGG in order to pump up a CH that you haven't yet drawn that shuffle.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 20 queries.