Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Many lessons  (Read 1043 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
Many lessons
« on: March 29, 2014, 05:55:44 pm »
+4

I couldn't grab the log, and drunkensailor isn't either, so I hope I'll be able to get it at some point.

I'll try to recall the kingdom:

Poor House, Hermit, Sage, Trade Route, Pirate Ship, Wandering Minstrel, (something), Counterfeit, Embassy, (something)

I decided to try a Wandering Minstrel/Embassy engine (I've never tried an engine with Embassy before) with Hermit and Trade Route for trashing, Trade Route for +Buy, and getting Sages with my Hermits.  He went for BM + Embassy + Counterfeit.

I was building up, while he was getting his money quickly.  I realized I needed to do something about him, so I bought... a Pirate Ship.  He realized my plan and started greening right away and got five Provinces (I thought of trying to get Provinces also but only got one).

Following my philosophy of never resigning, I kept going, and built my engine up to the point where I was playing four PSs a turn.  I trashed almost all of his treasure and he got stuck.  I built up a bit more, and using my +$13 PSs, started getting Duchies.  He tried to do some things, like buy a Poor House, trying to get more treasure, but it wasn't working.  He started buying Estates.  I got seven Duchies, then the last two Provinces.  I won by three points.

The lessons that can be learned from this game:

1. Go for the engine.
2. Pirate Ship has its uses (mainly when the other player goes for money and you went for the engine).
3. Don't give up.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
Re: Many lessons
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 07:19:39 pm »

So, apparently, Goko didn't grab the log and I'll never see it again...  Too bad.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Many lessons
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:44:31 pm »

So, apparently, Goko didn't grab the log and I'll never see it again...  Too bad.

scumtell
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.