Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: That bug where your game starts and you're not in it  (Read 1224 times)

rspeer

• Witch
  • Respect: +877
    • View Profile
That bug where your game starts and you're not in it
« on: March 29, 2014, 03:07:51 pm »

I suppose it was wishful thinking that Dominion Online would be decent as I'm starting trying to use it again...

How often do people encounter the problem where you set up a game, get an opponent, and start the game, and the game switches to "Playing" but you're not in the game? (And what's the opponent seeing when that happens?)

Apparently this is an acknowledged bug on the Making Fun forums, but it's been happening to me over half the time now.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: That bug where your game starts and you're not in it
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 03:15:03 pm »

It's pretty common for me.  Usually you can leave the lobby and go back in and it stops, but it's still annoying.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: That bug where your game starts and you're not in it
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 03:23:58 pm »

(And what's the opponent seeing when that happens?)

The same thing: a game that says (Playing) but he isn't in it.

It's pretty common for me.  Usually you can leave the lobby and go back in and it stops, but it's still annoying.
You don't even have to leave the lobby, just set up a new game. It usually works within 4 tries, according to MF.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.