Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Resources for Dominion videos and live streams  (Read 30428 times)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Re: Resources for Dominion videos and live streams
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2015, 05:55:01 pm »

https://www.rechat.org

You can use this to record your chat during a game if you want to see it in context later.

So this app only records the top 800 most popular Twitch channels' chat at any given moment and there doesn't appear t be any way to configure it to record your own channel's chat  :(

It also only keeps things for the VODS that last like, 2 weeks or something. So... yeah. You could just record the chat on stream as you go, and then it will stay - hooray.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 11:21:20 am »

I'm trying to get twitch to work, but the stream keeps resizing to stupid sizes, so that it looks like this:

http://gyazo.com/a3257d9abf70553e25e3a8fe8838d2b8

My 1st monitor that I'd like to stream from is 2560x1440, 2nd is 1900x1200 if that somehow matters.

I've tried tinkering with the settings here
http://gyazo.com/986aa364a8dcf1eddf881b0c8e72f2e9 in my OBS but nothing seems to work.

Any advice would be super appreciated! As you can probably tell from the fact that I'm the only person on the forum unable to stream from twitch, I'm more or less computer illiterate.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 12:15:45 am »

So the way I stream most of the time, I use a Monitor Capture instead of a Window Capture. It takes a bit to get it set up and with a good resolution (mostly Goko's fault) but it allows me some flexibility. It's easy to switch between Dominion and a random Hearthstone stream, and I can show other stuff quickly as well. Have you tried that, or are you just using a window capture?

The "Preview Stream" button and the "Edit Scene" button on your OBS window can be very, very helpful in getting things set up the way you want them as well.

I can go into more in-depth help with you in a couple of days when I get back from vacation if you'd like, Eevee  :)
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 05:05:30 am »

I tried both monitor capture and window capture. Just probably not savvy enough to do what it takes. :/

Pm me when you get back, would be much appreciated! :)

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 10:36:38 pm »

I've just added a link to the OP:

https://nightdev.com/obschat/

Seprix found this and sent it to me, and after using it I'm pretty happy with it. It's a widget that allows you to display your chat on-stream with all the Twitch emotes properly displayed and everything. I found it especially useful in tournament matches but is useful all-around.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2015, 05:33:49 pm »

Does anyone know whether it's possible to highlight someone else's stream on your channel? Or at least link to their highlights? I just played Stef and he streamed, so I'd like to be able to put that on my own channel as well.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2015, 05:54:37 pm »

Does anyone know whether it's possible to highlight someone else's stream on your channel? Or at least link to their highlights? I just played Stef and he streamed, so I'd like to be able to put that on my own channel as well.

Unless you want to capture playing his stream on your own computer, then upload it somehow (this will do terrible things to the quality of the stream and you may want to make sure Stef doesn't copyright all of his stuff :P), then it's up to him to highlight the things you'd want so you could link to them. In two weeks, if he doesn't do that, then Twitch will delete the original stream.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2015, 05:57:28 pm »

Unless you want to capture playing his stream on your own computer, then upload it somehow (this will do terrible things to the quality of the stream and you may want to make sure Stef doesn't copyright all of his stuff :P), then it's up to him to highlight the things you'd want so you could link to them. In two weeks, if he doesn't do that, then Twitch will delete the original stream.

How could I link? Like, on a topic here, or on twitch?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2015, 06:04:55 pm »

Once he highlights it, Twitch can create a permalink you can use. You could put that link in the description of your video and/or in a thread here.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2015, 06:38:51 pm »
+1

Once he highlights it, Twitch can create a permalink you can use. You could put that link in the description of your video and/or in a thread here.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2015, 06:27:15 pm »

I'm having some trouble with setting up my screen cap with the new version. I couldn't find it in the window capture, and with both the other options I only got a black screen.
How do you set up your streams with 2.0? Any tips to get past the black screen?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2015, 09:28:07 pm »

I'm having some trouble with setting up my screen cap with the new version. I couldn't find it in the window capture, and with both the other options I only got a black screen.

So the way I stream most of the time, I use a Monitor Capture instead of a Window Capture. It takes a bit to get it set up and with a good resolution (mostly Goko's fault) but it allows me some flexibility. It's easy to switch between Dominion and a random Hearthstone stream, and I can show other stuff quickly as well. Have you tried that, or are you just using a window capture?

The "Preview Stream" button and the "Edit Scene" button on your OBS window can be very, very helpful in getting things set up the way you want them as well.

It's tough for me to give more specific advice than that. I'm not sure when I'd be around, but if you share your screen with me on a Skype call I can help you get your business set up. I'll PM you my Skype name, Hugo.

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +807
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2015, 03:50:32 am »

Did you get it done? For me, it only works in window capture mode. I can't get it done in game capture mode as has been suggested by others (I just have a black screen there, as well).
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2015, 01:30:50 pm »

so i have a conundrum now

i can stream dominion at 1280x720 and that seems to look fine in terms of having everything be readable with the game log visible. problem is, that takes up almost all the space with my laptop monitor...so i can't see the chat while playing.  that's fine for serious games of course, but i really need to be able to banter with everyone there for normal streaming.

the largest resolution i can use for dominion with chat visible on the side is only 800x600.  the issue there is that with the game log open, it's impossible to read the card text.  it also requires me to stream at a resolution that's not 16:9, which puts black bars on the side of the twitch stream.

i only have one monitor, so my options are quite limited here.  any ideas?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 02:01:57 pm »

so i have a conundrum now

i can stream dominion at 1280x720 and that seems to look fine in terms of having everything be readable with the game log visible. problem is, that takes up almost all the space with my laptop monitor...so i can't see the chat while playing.  that's fine for serious games of course, but i really need to be able to banter with everyone there for normal streaming.

the largest resolution i can use for dominion with chat visible on the side is only 800x600.  the issue there is that with the game log open, it's impossible to read the card text.  it also requires me to stream at a resolution that's not 16:9, which puts black bars on the side of the twitch stream.

i only have one monitor, so my options are quite limited here.  any ideas?

My first inclination is to decrease the resolution you can stream in -- not many people I know can view the stream in HD anyways, but maybe that's not a problem for you because you are big enough that Twitch lets people watch your thing? Is that even a thing that happens? I've only heard rumors...

funkdoc

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2015, 02:27:43 pm »

that's not quite getting at my problem here, though your point is correct - any stream with twitch partnership will have quality options.

monitor space is my hangup, not stream space.  i want to be able to have the card text, game log, and stream chat all readable...while being able to read the stream chat on the side of the monitor.  1280x720 fails on the latter count, while 800x600 fails on the former.

the heart of the problem is MF dominion constricting the game space when you turn the log on - otherwise i could make 800x600 work.  goko w/ salvager didn't do this, so i had a much easier time with that.  with MF, 800x600 makes it impossible for me or the viewers to read the card names when i have the log on.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12839
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2015, 02:33:49 pm »
+1

You could maybe use a text-to-speech software to read your twitch chat out loud for you if that's of any help.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

funkdoc

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2015, 07:21:24 pm »

no, including the chat on stream isn't the issue.  the MMF plugin actually makes that real easy since i just lay it over the in-game chat.  thanks though!

it's the game reducing the size of the cards etc. when you have the log on.  that's the whole thing that kills me atm

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12839
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2015, 07:30:45 pm »

no, including the chat on stream isn't the issue.  the MMF plugin actually makes that real easy since i just lay it over the in-game chat.  thanks though!

I was suggesting it so that you don't need space for the chat on your own monitor if you can hear it instead of seeing it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Infthitbox

• Explorer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2015, 09:22:48 am »

that's not quite getting at my problem here, though your point is correct - any stream with twitch partnership will have quality options.

monitor space is my hangup, not stream space.  i want to be able to have the card text, game log, and stream chat all readable...while being able to read the stream chat on the side of the monitor.  1280x720 fails on the latter count, while 800x600 fails on the former.

the heart of the problem is MF dominion constricting the game space when you turn the log on - otherwise i could make 800x600 work.  goko w/ salvager didn't do this, so i had a much easier time with that.  with MF, 800x600 makes it impossible for me or the viewers to read the card names when i have the log on.

You could just lock your chat window on top of your Dominion client, and if it needs to be moved so that you can see the log or something, you just drag it out of the way a little. That's what I do (after someone suggested it to me in my stream chat).

funkdoc

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2015, 09:55:05 am »

hmm, not sure where i'd have the space for that but it's a thought.  problem is, i wouldn't want two copies of the chat showing up, so i'd have to keep changing it when i close the chat for league matches and such.

Infthitbox

• Explorer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2015, 10:22:35 am »

hmm, not sure where i'd have the space for that but it's a thought.  problem is, i wouldn't want two copies of the chat showing up, so i'd have to keep changing it when i close the chat for league matches and such.

Hmm, I guess that depends on how your streaming is configured. I have my stream set up so it tracks only the Dominion window, not my actual screen. So I have Dominion full-screen but I can move windows on top, tab out to other programs, etc without changing what the viewers see. I suspect there's a solution in this space that works, but I'm not sure what it is. Its not like M:tG, where the "optimal" stream configuration is known and copied by everybody.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2015, 10:33:47 am »

I think this should work: stream the Dominion window + small twitch chat overlay on top of the in-game chat, then lock the twitch chat on top of the log part for your eyes only, so that where you see the twitch chat, your viewers will see the gamelog, and where your viewers will see the streamed twitch chat, you see the in-game chat.

funkdoc

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2015, 11:29:52 pm »

hmm...the problem there is that i don't know how to put something on the screen-capture area without it showing up on stream.  well, i could have the other program stay on top of it but then i can't see it either!

also, i improved my layout further and tried it tonight, and the results are mixed.  it's the larger resolution so i can't have chat open along with the game.  the cards themselves are still a bit blurry with the log on as well, and it cuts off the bottom of the screen due to lack of vertical space.  turns out the latter means i can't chat in the game, so i look like a dick never telling anyone "good luck" or what have you.

it'll be a little while before i can stream again, so hopefully  i can get something worked out!

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2015, 11:57:41 pm »

hmm...the problem there is that i don't know how to put something on the screen-capture area without it showing up on stream.

Use "window capture" rather than a screen capture area for the Dominion client.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.