Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Article: Jack of All Trades, Advanced (FINISHED!)  (Read 46151 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Article: Jack of All Trades, Advanced (draft)
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2014, 08:27:29 am »

I've made one last pass through the article looking for small things like wording, punctuation, etc. I also wanted to trim down any areas that could have gotten more directly to the point.

This is sort of a long article, so I wanted someone to be able to just skim the article and read the bolded/obvious parts and get the main jist of the article. WW's Ambassador article has some great, concise takeaways ("Amb likes draw") and so many other articles are similar, so I wanted to have this effect too.

So with that, I think the article is finished and ready to publish! Again I want to thank everyone who provided feedback, even those who flat-out disagreed with large parts of what I said.

At this point I would put it on the wiki myself, but there is kind of an article already there and I don't want to just delete that one and put mine where that used to be. Does anyone have some advice on how to make the wiki page look in this situation?
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
Re: Article: Jack of All Trades, Advanced (FINISHED!)
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2014, 04:25:44 pm »

Similar to the Rebuild-page, just have both articles on the page (I haven't read your article yet; if it is advisable to read the other article first, then put yours on bottom, if your article is comprehensive and covers everything, including the basics, put your article before the other one).

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
Re: Article: Jack of All Trades, Advanced (FINISHED!)
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2014, 09:53:37 pm »

I will read the whole article later, but as a general comment, for such a long article, more example games would be really nice, especially examples of particular things (like, an example per section or something).

I suggest this game I played for GokoDom, for instance: http://gokologs.drunkensailor.org/static/logprettifier.html?20140412/log.505e9c9c0cf2ef979299a7c0.1397317303406.txt

It has everything that makes Jack good: No actions producing money, so you want the Silver, which also allows to concentrate buys on Villages and thus have a reliable engine despite all the Silvers. One thing I realize that is nice (maybe is already in the article) is that an engine that relies on Treasure for money is harder of course, but as an upside, it has some reward from dead drawing. Especially with sift-and-draw like Catacombs (in the example), but also Embassy, the hability to dead draw into extra money when you run out of +actions can be pretty nice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.