Login with username, password and session length

Poll

This tournament is

Awesome!
Thumbs up!
Great!
I am having a good time!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Thanks!  (Read 2176 times)

cherdano

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +54
    • View Profile
Thanks!
« on: November 30, 2011, 10:57:08 am »
+4

I just wanted to thank theory and rrenaud for running this, I know from experiences on a much smaller scale how much work it is to set something like this up. I also happen to think they got all decisions right (format, rules, entry limit); given the small number of complaints (256 participants and so few complaints??) I am maybe not alone  ;)

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
Re: Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 11:33:39 am »
+1

To be fair, it's 99% theory's work.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 11:48:39 am »
+2

And CouncilRoom is 99% rrenaud's work.

Did we ever share the story of how I "worked" on Council Room?  I would commit undebugged, broken code into the site, which would take it down, and thereby force rrenaud to come fix it and implement the feature I wanted.  (For instance, the Popular Buys page initially displayed 0.971 when it really meant 97.1%.  I went into the code and multiplied the output by 100 to "fix" it, which of course broke it immediately because it was outputting a string and not a number.)  Now the code's on github and it takes a lot more effort for me to sabotage-patch it.

Thanks for your appreciation, though :)  I'm pretty thrilled about how far this site has come in a year, and how solid this community is.  We started it out of disgust at how bad the BGG Dominion forum was becoming, and I'm glad that so many others apparently felt the same way.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 25 queries.