Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Soothsayer no. Tournament i dont care. Junk dealer may be later.I go Bishop/Gold  (Read 1243 times)

hvb

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: HvBoedefeld
  • Respect: +174
    • View Profile
+1

I had recently this Kingdom, playing against Robz888. We both went for different Strategies and at the end I was surprised about the clearness of the outcome

Code: [Select]
Pearl Diver, Stonemason, Develop, Philosopher's Stone, Bishop, Talisman, Tournament, Junk Dealer, Rabble, Soothsayer

The only Kingdom Cards you really want here are Tournament, Junk Dealer, Soothsayer and Bishop. Robz was first Player and me second. We both opened Tournament/Silver. On Turn 3 I hit 6 $ and decided to go skip Soothsayer and Junk Dealer to get an early Gold. With 4 $ on turn 4 I get Bishop instead of a second Tournament. With 6 $ on Turn 5 and 6 i decided to skip Soothsayer totally for the game (dont want to give him 6th card here with Tournament) and to skip Junk Dealer again (bought it later on Turn 8 and 9). I bought Gold #2 and 3 to get an early Province on Turn 7. At that Time Robz had already a Junk Dealer, a Soothsayer and 3 Tournaments. He went heavily into Tournaments, while I ignored them and bought 2 other Bishops instead. It was no surprise that he won the first 4 Prizes. But i was able to manage to be ahead the whole game due to the Bishop VPs and won the game in the end by 16 points. I 3 piled the curses by buying them out in the last 3 rounds.

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20140315/log.514cd37de4b0fe3236619906.1394944960000.txt

To be honest, I was a little bit surprised that it worked out so well by that huge margin. In particular I dont feel that Robz got above-average unlucky somehow. His Tournaments didnt got blocked so often and he managed quite good to line-up his Tourneys with the Provinces.

So, what do you think? Is Bishop/Gold really that strong here with Tournament, Soothsayer and Junk Dealer on Board?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:22:24 am by hvb »

Smartie

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile

Interesting game I must say! I personally think the soothsayer may have some slight disadvantage compared to an early gold.. That is because the soothsayer action itself is a dead card and does not yield you any card until the next shuffle. Moreover, it adds a card to the opponent deck which might be dangerous move as the soothsayer card is only gained after the 1st shuffle. But the bishop move is really smart thinking, totally matches with the bag of gold. Cheers! :)

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile

I think Rob can react to your bishop and get less trashing of his own, including a gold instead of his stonemason.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.