Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38  All

Author Topic: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Game Over : Mafia Wins !)  (Read 100806 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Day 2)
« Reply #500 on: April 03, 2014, 03:33:30 pm »

IG, I think if your choice of shraeye wasn't terrible. You'll always find town players would play as PRs differently, and that's ok.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 03, 2014, 03:44:11 pm »

faust, shraeye, ADK. Two of you are scum. One of you is town that I have a scum read on. I need whichever of you that is to convince me you're town.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 03, 2014, 03:44:51 pm »

Especially if it turns out I'm wrong on WW/Nik (I'm probably not but hey, you make backup plans in life).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 03, 2014, 05:20:39 pm »

So here is something interesting.  This is back when McMc/Shraeye just started, but hadn't gotten very much heated:

Ichi-Conspiracy theories? Post count? Seems scummy to me...
I think the conspiracy theory is a stretch, but I don't think it's a scummy stretch. 

Post counts are things that people really like to analyze for some reason.  Voltaire likes them, yuma likes them.  I hate them.  I find them terribly useless.  But it's a bad idea to think that somebody is scummy just because they use them (but maybe you and I can form a club that calls all those people misguided; even if they say that we're the misguided ones...it'll be great fun...raerae's in our club, and she's hella tight).

Shraeye is coming out in defense of Ichi here, when suspicion on him was rising.  Given that Ichi is town, a scum Shraeye knows this.  At this point McMc had 2 votes and Ichi had 3.

So what I'm thinking is, would it have made sense for a scum Shraeye to cast suspicion of Ichi, hoping to either switch his wagon that day or cast enough doubt for a mislynch against Ichi on day 2?  Or would it make more sense for a scum Shraeye to throw up a defense so it doesn't look like he's just hunting for mislynches?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 03, 2014, 05:23:39 pm »

Huh? I don't get what you're saying. They're both town, and scum!shraeye would have no idea IG was the doc (or scum would have killed him last night).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 03, 2014, 05:28:21 pm »

Huh? I don't get what you're saying. They're both town, and scum!shraeye would have no idea IG was the doc (or scum would have killed him last night).

Okay I didn't write that very well.  What I'm saying is, this makes sense is Shraeye is town.  Then I'm double checking that: does it make sense if Shraeye is scum?  If he's scum, he doesn't know Ichi is the doctor, but he does know Ichi is town.

So what I'm getting at is, does this imply to us that Shraeye is town?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 03, 2014, 05:29:50 pm »

No. Scum may theoretically be ok with lynching any town player but they're going to have preferences beyond that, because they need to act like town.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 03, 2014, 05:58:00 pm »

No. Scum may theoretically be ok with lynching any town player but they're going to have preferences beyond that, because they need to act like town.

Alright.. I'm trying to go back and read with the new knowledge.  I think ADK is scum, but I'm not sure between Faust and Shraeye.  I'm leaning towards Faust.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Day 1)
« Reply #508 on: April 03, 2014, 06:01:06 pm »

I need to read. I'd much rather lynch mcmc; i'm 100% positive of his scuminess.  He's been attacking me with nothing more than hot-button generic-scummy things that I'm not actually doing at all.  His position on me has jumped back and forth and also not been in line with any of the actual evidence.  He repeatedly refuses to defend or back up his statements that I've already pointed out are contradictory, instead resorting to ad hominem attacks and blatant AtE. 

His frustration could absolutely be legitimate.  No doubt.  But I'm sure that he is frustrated scum.  If we turn somewhere else and run up the doctor or the cop, we are screwing ourselves.  Hard.  There is no reason to do that in the face of such an overwhelming reason to lynch mcmc.

Shraeye deflects/is wishy-washy when I ask about ADK instead of mcmc.

Okay, that's interesting.. did he ever actually go back and do this reread and give an answer on ADK?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 03, 2014, 06:04:44 pm »

IG, I think if your choice of shraeye wasn't terrible. You'll always find town players would play as PRs differently, and that's ok.

That's good to hear. I feel like the doc could be most useful in this setup if he could protect the cop, but unfortunately that isn't possible.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: April 03, 2014, 06:05:47 pm »

Also. I think I am going to be sheeping Volt.

I agree that for sure at least one (likely two) out of : ADK, faust, or Shraeye is scum.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 03, 2014, 06:06:16 pm »

Okay, that's interesting.. did he ever actually go back and do this reread and give an answer on ADK?

Not to my knowledge.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 03, 2014, 06:08:14 pm »

I agree that for sure at least one (likely two) out of : ADK, faust, or Shraeye is scum.

I'd prefer you don't place a vote for ADK yet if you were thinking of it.  That would be L-1, and I think too early, since pretty much only three of us have been responding.  I don't want someone to just hammer it and end this day super early.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 03, 2014, 06:10:06 pm »

Actually unvote. WW makes a good point about L-1, we want everyone to check in on the tiny chance IG is fakeclaiming scum at the very least. Also I want to look at scum team possibilities/probabilities and see if ADK is truly the best lynch for today (I mean probably but maybe shraeye or faust is actually better). And I want the one of them that is town to prove it!

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 03, 2014, 06:12:53 pm »

I'd prefer you don't place a vote for ADK yet if you were thinking of it.  That would be L-1, and I think too early, since pretty much only three of us have been responding.  I don't want someone to just hammer it and end this day super early.
That's fine. Yeah nik + scum reads haven't posted almost at all. So I agree set should definitely here from them first. I don't think we have ADK lynch though. The others replies should help us decide.

PPE: 1

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 03, 2014, 06:17:54 pm »

That's fine. Yeah nik + scum reads haven't posted almost at all. So I agree set we should definitely here from them first. I don't think we have to ADK lynch though. The others replies should help us decide.

PPE: 1

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 03, 2014, 07:40:27 pm »

Here are my opinions on people so far:
Nik-Town, obviously
WW-Town
Ichi-Since no one has counter claimed, Town.
ADK-I don't really understand why everybody is saying he's scum. Is there something I missed? So far, I've got a townie read.
Shraeye-Null
Faust-Null
Volitare-Personally, I still find him scum.
So actaully, I'm going back to my original vote. Vote:Volitare.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 03, 2014, 07:54:11 pm »

Nik, I really need you to re-read, because I think you're town.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 03, 2014, 08:33:09 pm »

Nik, I really need you to re-read, because I think you're town.

If you're talking about me re-voting for you:
I think it is a bit scummy to be happy about a VT death. I might change my mind if you defended yourself, but so far, you haven't.
Also, I have re-read.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 03, 2014, 08:47:51 pm »

And did you find anything worth mentioning in a re-read?

Why do you think I, were I scum, would post that I was happy with a VT death? Why in the world would I do that? I, as town, was happy that none of our PRs died overnight. Yes, the doc could have blocked the kill, but the odds of a doc stopping a kill are actually really low.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 03, 2014, 08:52:02 pm »

People claim that posts like mine are scummy (comments about the NK at the start of the next day), but they're not. I've only ever made them as town. I was excited. I'm excited when I'm town and we're winning (and I think we are right now). We had two VT deaths, that's the better side of the most likely coin.

I'm even more excited right now because it turns out someone who had a decent chance of getting mislynched (IG) turns out to be the Doctor. That's perfect, because it increases our odds of finding scum.

I think I have the scum team down to 2 out of 3. I'm very happy about that.

I am a little frustrated that you are hung up on that one post, and haven't really given anything of content (really, you re-read the thread and this is the most you have to say?)

Here are my opinions on people so far:
Nik-Town, obviously
WW-Town
Ichi-Since no one has counter claimed, Town.
ADK-I don't really understand why everybody is saying he's scum. Is there something I missed? So far, I've got a townie read.
Shraeye-Null
Faust-Null
Volitare-Personally, I still find him scum.
So actaully, I'm going back to my original vote. Vote:Volitare.

But as frustrating as it is for me, it does kinda increase my town read on you. I've seen this sort of behavior before, and it's always come from new town.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 03, 2014, 08:53:34 pm »

And I'm also frustrated because between shraeye, faust, and ADK, neither of them is doing anything to show that they're town, and that's really aggravating.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 03, 2014, 09:04:04 pm »

Why do you think ADK is town?

Here's a short summary of why ADK is scummy:

1. Process of elimination - I know that myself and IG are town. I am very confident Nik and WW are town. That leaves me with faust, shraeye, and ADK. They all have a 67% chance of being scum in my eyes by default.
2. The way he attacks other players (pointed out by DD, who died)*
3. ADK looks very scummy when you consider how shraeye, another scummy player, has interacted with or commented about him. See my post about shraeye shrugging off my suggestion of lynching ADK instead of mcmc.

*here's the post

What I think is more surprising is that ADK, throughout this entire game, keeps only attacking people while defending people. This seems like a good ploy for scum too. He is able to defend a player, say "no they're not being scummy!" While flipping it around and attacking the person who is was attacking first. It allows hi to seem good to the town, while not being too aggressive, and he still gets to create confusion and mislynch.

I brought up his meta history. He shows another game he has played and said he's now just paranoid, but I don't think that really follows. If he was really paranoid of early mislynch es, he wouldn't be making these obviously faulty cases against people (like accusing Ichimaru gin of being too generic when he attacked me, accusing me of making a conspiracy (and them realizing he didn't read carefully enough and attacking Ichimaru gin), and now he's protecting MCMC and switching his vote to a very unstable case against Voltaire.)

I think he's very scummy, maybe even more than MCMC.

vote: ADK

It is entirely possible that faust/shraeye could be the scum team, which is why I want to hear more from ADK.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 03, 2014, 09:07:19 pm »

So I have no IDEA what. the. jack. you are talking about.  I am in no way more "in the moment" now than I was then.  You're just making a hack-job of pretending to have a reason for reads.  Scum. Found.

vote: mcmc

shraeye, what do you think of the mcmc wagon/interactions now that he's flipped town?
I haven't had a reread chance, but I'm definitely planning to do that soon.  Real life got super busy, still is, will be for another few days.  I'm eager to reread, and compare notes against your reads list.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 03, 2014, 09:09:06 pm »

Why do you think ADK is town?

Here's a short summary of why ADK is scummy:

1. Process of elimination - I know that myself and IG are town. I am very confident Nik and WW are town. That leaves me with faust, shraeye, and ADK. They all have a 67% chance of being scum in my eyes by default.
2. The way he attacks other players (pointed out by DD, who died)*
3. ADK looks very scummy when you consider how shraeye, another scummy player, has interacted with or commented about him. See my post about shraeye shrugging off my suggestion of lynching ADK instead of mcmc.

*here's the post

What I think is more surprising is that ADK, throughout this entire game, keeps only attacking people while defending people. This seems like a good ploy for scum too. He is able to defend a player, say "no they're not being scummy!" While flipping it around and attacking the person who is was attacking first. It allows hi to seem good to the town, while not being too aggressive, and he still gets to create confusion and mislynch.

I brought up his meta history. He shows another game he has played and said he's now just paranoid, but I don't think that really follows. If he was really paranoid of early mislynch es, he wouldn't be making these obviously faulty cases against people (like accusing Ichimaru gin of being too generic when he attacked me, accusing me of making a conspiracy (and them realizing he didn't read carefully enough and attacking Ichimaru gin), and now he's protecting MCMC and switching his vote to a very unstable case against Voltaire.)

I think he's very scummy, maybe even more than MCMC.

vote: ADK

It is entirely possible that faust/shraeye could be the scum team, which is why I want to hear more from ADK.
Alright, I'm going to Unvote. I'm still not sure about you, Volitare, but for now, you're less scummy.
Now, it's really between Faust, ADK, and Shraeye.
I'm also not really sure about you three. Faust is lurking, ADK, after reading the quote you see up there, seems scummy, and Shraeye is null. Could at least one of you post? (Yes, I know Shraeye just posted, all he said was that he won't be able to post.)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 20 queries.