Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38  All

Author Topic: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Game Over : Mafia Wins !)  (Read 101436 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Day 1)
« Reply #475 on: April 03, 2014, 01:57:15 pm »

I need to read. I'd much rather lynch mcmc; i'm 100% positive of his scuminess.  He's been attacking me with nothing more than hot-button generic-scummy things that I'm not actually doing at all.  His position on me has jumped back and forth and also not been in line with any of the actual evidence.  He repeatedly refuses to defend or back up his statements that I've already pointed out are contradictory, instead resorting to ad hominem attacks and blatant AtE. 

His frustration could absolutely be legitimate.  No doubt.  But I'm sure that he is frustrated scum.  If we turn somewhere else and run up the doctor or the cop, we are screwing ourselves.  Hard.  There is no reason to do that in the face of such an overwhelming reason to lynch mcmc.

Shraeye deflects/is wishy-washy when I ask about ADK instead of mcmc.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 03, 2014, 01:59:45 pm »

However, although I still see mcmc's frustration as townie (I think). I can't deny that his lynch will give us a ton of information.

So, what info did mcmc's lynch give us?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 03, 2014, 02:02:53 pm »

yea sorry my typing was poor I am a vt(vanilla townie) not a tv

Argh. VT claiming is not a good thing to do. Never. I'm tempted to vote mcmc just for this.

He was at L-1 with implied intent. There was nothing wrong with him claiming.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Day 2)
« Reply #478 on: April 03, 2014, 02:03:16 pm »

Hi, the 4-5 people who are reading this thread and having been reading for quite some time. Come out and play!  :)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 03, 2014, 02:05:02 pm »

What would be the upshot for them?  That we lynch one of them today and don't suspect the other?  Seems kind of dangerous given that there are only two scum. (We know for certain that's the case?  And no third parties?)

And Cop can investigate the survivor on Night 2 and claim on Day 3.  Pretty much guaranteed town win unless they happen to kill the cop on Night 1 or Night 2.

WW, in the span of 8 minutes you appear to go from having no clue about the setup to knowing it in detail. How/why?

The first message is underlied by an assumption, and I add a parenthetical question so someone can double check that my assumption is correct.  There was an exchanges between the two quotes of mine that continued on a line of reasoning under the assumption about the setup.  The second message is continuing to explain the argument in the first message and is in response to DeDe's response to mine.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: April 03, 2014, 02:09:56 pm »

Re-read complete! Note that I don't comment on everything that happened, just stuff I think is worth noting. Also, I'll look at the D1 wagon (the final vote count) later.

faust - complains that the game started out slow when he re-appears, despite his first few posts being "help the newbies" posts and having done nothing himself to move the game along. Casts lurker vote on shraeye. Casts lurker vote on Nik.

shraeye - scummiest thing is how he's fallen off the face of the planet after driving the mcmc mislynch yesterday (though I don't find that action particularly scummy). Does the really strained misunderstanding of faust. Calls out ADK (I have played scum with shraeye before - he likes to build cases on his scumpartners but leave out the strongest points. I know this for a fact).

WW - first post has the "one vet must be scum" statement. And man, I forgot about this. WW is arguing that Nik might be coached newbie scum for saying obvious wrong things and yet he himself opened the game with the classic "coached new scum" example (note: not real, but it is what we always assume new scum would be coached to say). That's interesting. What it means is, if WW is mafia, I think he has a vet partner (which also explains why this line of thinking was at the front of his mind). So if he is mafia his partner is most likely shraeye (but would he say this about shraeye if shraeye was his partner? This is the first post in the game that finds shraeye scummy) or faust (or myself from your point of view, dear reader). If WW is mafia, I think I'd rather lynch his partner. That's because I'm not very certain about him. Third to unvote [was voting Voltaire]. Then votes shraeye. His comment on "are there third parties?" just reads forced as hell to me. Votes IG.

ADK - is cool as silk (what) to mcmc's vote on him, and does the "if we're making serious votes now I'll unvote" statement (he's the first to start the string of unvotes [was voting IG]). The post is here. I get a tiny scummy vibe from it, he hedges like crazy (townie) but throws up lots of empty content (scummy). Expresses big town read on shraeye. Says he's "pointed" and "insightful" somehow. Votes Ichi for his "conspiracy theory". Votes for me after I come out in favor of lynching mcmc.

IG - is second to unvote [was voting ADK] when ADK starts that as a thing. Votes Nik for lurking. Votes DD for claiming someone was lying about being a newbie (???). Pushes DD hard. Brings up maybe mcmc/shareye is scum/scum. I find that fact extremely townie.

Nik - shows up super-late. Lurker votes DD. Says both shraeye and DD are scummy. Votes mcmc. Votes Ichi. Thinks DD is certainly town. Back to mcmc.

And some notes on our townies:

mcmc - casts a real vote on ADK, and brings up that WW could have been coached. Then goes after shraeye quite reasonably, I say.

DD - shows up, votes WW while calling shraeye scummy. Defends shraeye, scummy on mcmc. Votes mcmc. Comes out hard against ADK.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 03, 2014, 02:10:23 pm »

That was D1. Reading D2 now. Then I'll look at the final wagon.

If I asked you a question, respond to it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 03, 2014, 02:13:13 pm »

You missed that ADK first voted against DeDe for Ichi's "conspiracy theory", then it was pointed out (by me and Ichi himself) that it wasn't DeDe's.  Then ADK is like, "Well, I guess I better switch to Ichi then", and switches.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 03, 2014, 02:14:13 pm »

I still haven't re-read. I'm looking at, prior to that:

Nik - town
Witherweaver - probably town
Ichimaru Gin - ???
A Drowned Kernel - scummy
shraeye - huge enigma
faust - ???

After re-reading:

Nik - town
WW - probably town, has a vet partner if scum
IG - damn, the re-read had me so convinced he was town but then I got to the part late D1 where people made a case on him and now I don't know
ADK - scummy as $%#@
shraeye - Gah. Gah. I don't know.
faust - just doing such a great job of lurking.

I don't like that we have so many town players clearly seeming scummy to me. This is frustrating/difficult. Nik is the only person I've been able to take off the table today.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 03, 2014, 02:14:30 pm »

You missed that ADK first voted against DeDe for Ichi's "conspiracy theory", then it was pointed out (by me and Ichi himself) that it wasn't DeDe's.  Then ADK is like, "Well, I guess I better switch to Ichi then", and switches.

I didn't miss it, I saw it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 03, 2014, 02:15:07 pm »

I didn't miss it, I saw it.

I meant missed pointing it out in the recap.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 03, 2014, 02:16:29 pm »

The scummiest thing about shraeye, actually, is that he has said nothing that wasn't about theory today.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 03, 2014, 02:17:08 pm »

Note that I don't comment on everything that happened, just stuff I think is worth noting.

You clearly think it's worth noting - why, and what does it tell us?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 03, 2014, 02:18:52 pm »

Note that I don't comment on everything that happened, just stuff I think is worth noting.

You clearly think it's worth noting - why, and what does it tell us?

I don't know.. it felt like a slip, and he had to cover himself.  Like he just needed an excuse to vote, and then had to make his excuse hold up.

Maybe it's no more likely that it was a slip as scum than a slip as town, but I just found it very odd.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 03, 2014, 02:27:24 pm »

WW is off the table for me today.

I want to lynch ADK the most I think. There are plenty of other people I'd lynch though (shraeye, faust, IG).

vote: ADK

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 03, 2014, 02:32:28 pm »

Ok. I'm town doctor.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 03, 2014, 02:34:37 pm »

Ok. I'm town doctor.

Well then.  If this is true, I'm all for ADK.

Who did you protect last night?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 03, 2014, 02:36:49 pm »

Ok. I'm town doctor.

I protected Shraeye. Which in hindsight may not have been the best choice, but there was no way I would have guessed that scum would target dd.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 03, 2014, 02:43:41 pm »

Shraeye seemed towny to me before the fight, but his "trap" moves him into suspicious territory. mc seems a little scummy but mc always seems a little scummy, both my experiences playing with him I was certain he was scum and he ended up being town so I'm hesitant to vote for him. But I shouldn't be relying on meta knowledge, especially in a newbie game.

This is suspicious.  I have no "trap" set up.  mcmc did crazy stuff, I called him out.  then he did CRAZIER stuff.  And it just got worse from there. 

You're words on mcmc are the most waffling non-committal words of any commenter.  This is the way yuma came out as raerae's partner in Adventure Time mafia (a recent game that town won).  That position is very indicative of scum partner.  If mcmc flips scum, town should most definitely remember this interaction.

Aren't his words on you equally noncommittal?

This exchange, it fascinates me.

Can you expand on this?  What I saw was that ADK basically said entirely noncommittal stuff, and Shraeye only called him out for being noncommittal to McMc.  Why?  To me that indicates a level of arbitrarity in an argument's content: it only matters that there is an argument.  So the argument is artificially constructed. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 03, 2014, 02:44:52 pm »

Ok. I'm town doctor.

I protected Shraeye. Which in hindsight may not have been the best choice, but there was no way I would have guessed that scum would target dd.

And why did you think they would target Shraeye?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 03, 2014, 02:57:58 pm »

Ok. I'm town doctor.

I find your skepticism on my claim forced and very un-townie . It's already been established that it would be suicide for scum to fake claim.

I will post more in depth when I have access to a computer instead of my phone.

vote: ww

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 03, 2014, 03:01:18 pm »

Ok. I'm town doctor.

I find your skepticism on my claim forced and very un-townie . It's already been established that it would be suicide for scum to fake claim.

I'm not really skeptical, I believe you.  I actually was the one that stated it's better for scum not to fake claim.  But I do want to understand your thought process.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 03, 2014, 03:08:05 pm »

Ok. I'm town doctor.

I'm not really skeptical, I believe you.  I actually was the one that stated it's better for scum not to fake claim.  But I do want to understand your thought process.
Very well. I do believe this unvote
I am partially frustrated because I had a pretty long explanation that my phone browser lost.

I protected Shraeye because as (at the time) I saw him as an active member of town doing a good job of pressuring people and being an active poster. So I thought he might e a good candidate to protect. My other major choice was volt, who I was feeling a little scummy on at the end of the day. So I decided to choose Shraeye instead.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 03, 2014, 03:31:33 pm »

Ok. I'm town doctor.

AWESOME. Let's wait for counter-claims, but this makes me so happy. Turning a mislynch candidate into an IC. Best-case scenario. Yes.

This makes shraeye scummier.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 03, 2014, 03:32:12 pm »

Shraeye seemed towny to me before the fight, but his "trap" moves him into suspicious territory. mc seems a little scummy but mc always seems a little scummy, both my experiences playing with him I was certain he was scum and he ended up being town so I'm hesitant to vote for him. But I shouldn't be relying on meta knowledge, especially in a newbie game.

This is suspicious.  I have no "trap" set up.  mcmc did crazy stuff, I called him out.  then he did CRAZIER stuff.  And it just got worse from there. 

You're words on mcmc are the most waffling non-committal words of any commenter.  This is the way yuma came out as raerae's partner in Adventure Time mafia (a recent game that town won).  That position is very indicative of scum partner.  If mcmc flips scum, town should most definitely remember this interaction.

Aren't his words on you equally noncommittal?

This exchange, it fascinates me.

Can you expand on this?  What I saw was that ADK basically said entirely noncommittal stuff, and Shraeye only called him out for being noncommittal to McMc.  Why?  To me that indicates a level of arbitrarity in an argument's content: it only matters that there is an argument.  So the argument is artificially constructed.

I think there are strong odds the scum team is ADK/shraeye.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.