Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38  All

Author Topic: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Game Over : Mafia Wins !)  (Read 100771 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Day 2)
« Reply #425 on: April 01, 2014, 04:52:47 pm »

Scum want people to avoid becoming consensus town-reads, because then they have fewer people to get mis-lynched.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 01, 2014, 04:55:52 pm »

actually I think I am 100% pro-doc claim. Mafia gives us an IC either way - kill the Doc, cop gets an investigation and can claim, giving us 2 more (or maybe 1 scum to lynch). Or they leave the Doc alive, maybe they block a kill, cop won't investigate Doc, and maybe we get the cop the next day anyway.

So how does this work with scum fakeclaiming? That's the only issue.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 01, 2014, 04:57:13 pm »

Voltaire is still my strongest suspect here. This all definitely warrants a reread, but I don't like the way he only started pushing hard on the mc wagon after there were several people voting on it.

Nik's out the gate vote for shraeye seems a little suspect as well, but that might just be a newbie mistake. He was also the lurkiest newbie on day on so maybe there's something there.

I'm inclined to believe shraeye is town, I'm much more suspicious of people who jumped on the wagon after it got going (Voltaire's the big one, possibly also faust and nik)

PPE: 2
Voltaire is still my strongest suspect here. This all definitely warrants a reread, but I don't like the way he only started pushing hard on the mc wagon after there were several people voting on it.

Nik's out the gate vote for shraeye seems a little suspect as well, but that might just be a newbie mistake. He was also the lurkiest newbie on day on so maybe there's something there.

I'm inclined to believe shraeye is town, I'm much more suspicious of people who jumped on the wagon after it got going (Voltaire's the big one, possibly also faust and nik)

Sorry, I thought that since Shraeye was arguing with Mcmcsalot, he was scum; but now I'm unsure.
But Volitare's behavior is a bit scummy. So for now, I'll Unvote. Vote:Volitare.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 01, 2014, 04:57:38 pm »

Sorry, don't know why I quoted twice.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 01, 2014, 04:59:14 pm »

Sorry, I thought that since Shraeye was arguing with Mcmcsalot, he was scum; but now I'm unsure.
But Volitare's behavior is a bit scummy. So for now, I'll Unvote. Vote:Volitare.

Why is Voltaire's behavior scummy? 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 01, 2014, 04:59:47 pm »

Gr, my question was accidentally inside the quote.  Why is Voltaire's behavior scummy?

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia V : House of Cards (Day 1)
« Reply #431 on: April 01, 2014, 05:01:50 pm »

Sweet, VT death. Off to re-read now that we have another flip. Cool cool cool cool cool. I actually feel good about this.
That's not scummy?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 01, 2014, 05:04:43 pm »

Sweet, VT death. Off to re-read now that we have another flip. Cool cool cool cool cool. I actually feel good about this.
That's not scummy?

I'd like to hear you explain why it is.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 01, 2014, 05:08:34 pm »

Ok just got out of an econ test. On my way home. I should be back in approx. 1 hour.

My question? Why did scum kill deleuze? I know analysing nightkills isn't really a thing, but it's just not what I would have expected based off my reads.

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 01, 2014, 05:16:23 pm »

That's not scummy?

He feels good about a VT dying.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 01, 2014, 05:18:40 pm »

Ok just got out of an econ test. On my way home. I should be back in approx. 1 hour.

My question? Why did scum kill deleuze? I know analysing nightkills isn't really a thing, but it's just not what I would have expected based off my reads.

It seems to me that him being killed gives us the least information.  We didn't think he was scum, so that doesn't help us narrow a subject down.  He also wasn't going to get lynched by us.  If ADK or you were town and got night killed, we would probably just end up lynching the other one.*  If Voltaire, Faust, or Shraeye were killed, it would limit the number of suspects for the scum team.  Nik or I probably would have given a similar result as DeDe, but I think DeDe had a more accepted town read than anyone else.

*Well if this analysis is correct, then killing either ADK or Ichi at night makes sense if they're both town.  Since this didn't happen, it indicates that they are not both town.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 01, 2014, 05:19:16 pm »

Who would you have expected to get killed during the night?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 01, 2014, 05:25:34 pm »

That's not scummy?

You really think he's saying that he's scum and he's happy there was a mislynch?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 01, 2014, 05:29:18 pm »

I'm wary of the either/or thing that WW talks about with me and Ichi, and that Nik (and other people earlier the game IIRC) talk about with mc and shraeye. If two people call each other scum, and one flips town, that doesn't automatically make the other scum. Two townies can be suspicious of each other, and I think that scum is more likely to sit back and try and fuel the flames from the sidelines than to get involved in fights like that.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Nik

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 01, 2014, 05:35:14 pm »

That's not scummy?

You really think he's saying that he's scum and he's happy there was a mislynch?
Well, he said he 'feels good about it.'

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 01, 2014, 05:41:44 pm »

Scum want people to avoid becoming consensus town-reads, because then they have fewer people to get mis-lynched.

It also benefits scum to create the illusion of a consensus when there isn't actually one. It's a great intimidation tactic to say or imply "this is what everyone thinks, and if you disagree you're scummy", especially coming from a vet in a newbie game.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 01, 2014, 05:46:11 pm »

I'm wary of the either/or thing that WW talks about with me and Ichi, and that Nik (and other people earlier the game IIRC) talk about with mc and shraeye. If two people call each other scum, and one flips town, that doesn't automatically make the other scum. Two townies can be suspicious of each other, and I think that scum is more likely to sit back and try and fuel the flames from the sidelines than to get involved in fights like that.

This

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 01, 2014, 05:49:57 pm »

I don't know exactly what to think of having the doc claim.
So he doesn't get to use his power again until night 3. And I agree that would make a good dilemma for scum and also slightly increase the odds of the cop investigating scum.

So volt is 100% for it but ADK has some doubts. I must admit, I am really mentally exhausted right now, and don't exactly have much of an opinion on the subject.
However, it all comes down to how it will help/hurt town. So does everyone else think?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 01, 2014, 05:50:45 pm »

So this wasn't what I said.  It wasn't that you and Ichi were calling each other scum, so one of you must be scum. It's that you two were the most likely candidates from the rest of the group for a lynch aside from McMc.  If I'm scum and you two aren't, I know this, so killing one of you means the other would probably get lynched since there was already support for it.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 01, 2014, 06:27:30 pm »

That's not scummy?

Nik is 100% obviously town. We are absolutely not lynching him.

This is a bad/incorrect/wrong line of reasoning, but it is one that only town thinks (especially new town).

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 01, 2014, 06:30:33 pm »

So this wasn't what I said.  It wasn't that you and Ichi were calling each other scum, so one of you must be scum. It's that you two were the most likely candidates from the rest of the group for a lynch aside from McMc.  If I'm scum and you two aren't, I know this, so killing one of you means the other would probably get lynched since there was already support for it.

I'm not so sure about that - in your scenario, they both are likely easy mislynches, so scum leaves them alive and kills off someone in the background. Like DD, which is what they did.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 01, 2014, 06:37:19 pm »

That's not scummy?

Nik is 100% obviously town. We are absolutely not lynching him.

This is a bad/incorrect/wrong line of reasoning, but it is one that only town thinks (especially new town).

Unless, of course, he was coached to say this.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 01, 2014, 06:40:19 pm »

I'm not so sure about that - in your scenario, they both are likely easy mislynches, so scum leaves them alive and kills off someone in the background. Like DD, which is what they did.

Yeah, maybe, but that requires two mislynches. They need town to go the direction they want two days in a row (after a mislynch on day 1)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 01, 2014, 06:44:17 pm »

So I was typing up the possibilities of doc claiming and scum fakeclaiming.  I had to go mobile though.  I think (!?) my conclusion was going to be that fakeclaiming gives us more information and we'll certainly want to lynch one of the claims, even if we're wrong, so they wouldn't want to mislynch.  I'm not certain of it, though.

I'm not certain we want to claim.  I guess it gives scum a dilemma because they have to choose to kill the doc or gamble for the cop.  Not much different for them.  However for us it gives us more info on who to lynch, since we have one piece of certain knowledge.  So, maybe.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 01, 2014, 06:45:21 pm »

Dammit, that should say "wouldn't want to fakeclaim".  Sorry, on phone
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.